• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Redesigns: Yay or Nay?

Do you prefer the new redesigns?

• I love them!

Votes: 61 29.3%
  • I like the old ones better.

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • I like some of them, but like some of the old ones as well.

Votes: 89 42.8%
  • I'm really indifferent to this all.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • They just should have updated the old art rather than do redesigns.

Votes: 24 11.5%

• Total voters
An additional comment about Wallace's outfit (which I still think is absolutely awesome and fits him very well)
Thanks to Tumblr, I realised Wallace is not wearing underwear....

Yeah...

(for those who don't see it, look at his hip)

(GF might have wanted to think this one through a bit more)

I'm guessing Wallace is partially based on male models in real life. Sometimes, models don't wear underwear when modeling for clothes because the clothes have to fit on their body.

Also, characters like Crasher Wake and Marlon are shirtless - I didn't hear any complaints regarding them showing skin more than anybody.

Because both are a professional (WWE like) wrestler and swimmer respectively (who in real life are shirtless).

It's just Wallace's clothing. Revealing clothing like that is something that isn't seen often on the male sex, versus lets say outright shirtless appearances. I think it caught some people off guard, but it's like you said with the models.

Oh, I'm definitely not complaining!
I just can't look at him anymore without hearing this

Bringing this back because the characters got interesting enough that I think we should talk about them. Also, there's concept art going around? Here's the Admins:

tumblr_nfsl8mVC5s1rnyf2fo1_1280.jpg

That X on Archie's face confirmed as shadows from scowling too much, though I still prefer this explanation.

I've seen the gym leader ones, but they're not as interesting as this.

EDIT:
Roxanne + Brawly
Wattson + Flannery
Norman + Winnona
Tate & Liza + Wallace

Last edited:
It's from the Official Strategy Guide. It also has cool concept art of May and Brendan, the two in their Contest Spectacular outfits, Wally (who apparently made his Mega Necklace himself), and Steven.

It's from the Official Strategy Guide. It also has cool concept art of May and Brendan, the two in their Contest Spectacular outfits, Wally (who apparently made his Mega Necklace himself), and Steven.

It doesn't really explain where he got the Keystone from--though after receiving Gardevoirite from Wanda, she mentions that she gave one to Wally and the stones were found after those lights from the Cave of Origin filled the sky (which begs the question of when Wally got the stone since he was at Evergrande)

It doesn't really explain where he got the Keystone from--though after receiving Gardevoirite from Wanda, she mentions that she gave one to Wally and the stones were found after those lights from the Cave of Origin filled the sky (which begs the question of when Wally got the stone since he was at Evergrande)

She mentioned that she found the stone after the lights filled the sky. It doesn't mean the mega stone is from the lights. You can find other mega stones before capturing Groudon/Kyogre, so it could mean that the lights made it easier for her to find them somehow.
and wally can warp between towns. he took us from petalburg to mauville in two seconds

That aside, I'm impressed that Wally made the pendant himself.

Last edited:
Wally made the pendant? Damn, as if we needed more reasons to love the little guy.

Yessir~ Lisia and Aarune are included, too~ It also mentions there will be more concept artwork in the Official National Pokedex~

Brendan's midriff is so fine~
Does it have English translations of the notes, or was that fan additions? I never thought I'd buy strategy guides, but now they're worth it.

Yessir~ Lisia and Aarune are included, too~ It also mentions there will be more concept artwork in the Official National Pokedex~

Brendan's midriff is so fine~
Does it have English translations of the notes, or was that fan additions? I never thought I'd buy strategy guides, but now they're worth it.

Yes it does~

Back
Top Bottom