• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Redesigns: Yay or Nay?

Do you prefer the new redesigns?

• I love them!

Votes: 61 29.3%
  • I like the old ones better.

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • I like some of them, but like some of the old ones as well.

Votes: 89 42.8%
  • I'm really indifferent to this all.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • They just should have updated the old art rather than do redesigns.

Votes: 24 11.5%

• Total voters
may.jpg

Oooooooooookay?

I really don't know what you're trying to get at at this point.

Does she look like she's thinner in Emerald? I would say no, she looks thinner and taller in ORAS.

Am I the only one who likes Brendan? I don't get the complaints. Imo he looks great in Emerald and ORAS, the only retarded look is his Ruby/Sapphire appearance.

I'm still not fond of Maxie and Archie's redesign... especially Archie's... because...
This image will explain it.
53a198f807e90.jpeg

Yeah May looks really thin and tall in ORAS. Dear god give her some food. She actually looks normal in RS though.

Am I the only one who likes Brendan? I don't get the complaints. Imo he looks great in Emerald and ORAS, the only retarded look is his Ruby/Sapphire appearance.
No you aren't. I actually like how he looks as well.

So no frilly dresses and bows = ugly? Ooooooooooooookay.

May never really needed to be cute, it didn't suit her.

Uh, no. Where the hell did you get that idea? ORAS May isn't even wearing a "frilly dress" either, yet I still think she's cute. And I can find plenty of things that aren't "frilly dresses and bows" to not be ugly. Don't put words in my mouth.

So no frilly dresses and bows = ugly? Ooooooooooooookay.

May never really needed to be cute, it didn't suit her.

Uh, no. Where the hell did you get that idea? ORAS May isn't even wearing a "frilly dress" either, yet I still think she's cute. And I can find plenty of things that aren't "frilly dresses and bows" to not be ugly. Don't put words in my mouth.

Then why do you say RSE May is ugly? I'm not seeing it. More tomboyish maybe, but not ugly.

I'm just not understanding what in particular makes you say she's ugly.

I never liked her hair, her bandana, or her outfit. Nothing about her was ever appealing to me. Simple.

I think she means she thought May was ugly before the redesigns, but I could be wrong.

Seems so.

Kelleo wasn't a fan of May's original designs in the slightest going by their dialogues, no. Why? Cuz opinions, that's why. Opinions I don't agree with but will grudgingly respect. Let's just leave it there.

I'm just not understanding what in particular makes you say she's ugly.

I never liked her hair, her bandana, or her outfit. Nothing about her was ever appealing to me. Simple.

Her hair is the same, and her bandana is just rolled up now. Those aspects haven't really changed much.

I think she means she thought May was ugly before the redesigns, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, I got that. I was trying to ask him why.

Like many others have said, I like the Aqua and Magma redesigns, actually--and that's coming from someone who generally dislikes modern aesthetic adjustments to things I grew up with.
Team Aqua looks a lot more nautical, instead of like simple pirate thugs. Shelly looks nothing like her old self (dat hair), but the change is a surprising improvement. She's gotten more... hawt. :| It seems like it will suit her personality better as well. Did I mention that I enjoy her hair? :]
As for Team Magma--I'm not really a fan of the Tabitha redesign because it seems kind of unnecessary and doesn't really make sense. I like Courtney's a lot, though. Her new look is adorable and feisty. :3
And Steven? Steven is a sexy mofo who ages like wine and knows how to dress. :p
No words on the main protagonists. I don't like Brendan's spandex and why tf did scrap May's bandanna?

Like many others have said, I like the Aqua and Magma redesigns, actually--and that's coming from someone who generally dislikes modern aesthetic adjustments to things I grew up with.
Team Aqua looks a lot more nautical, instead of like simple pirate thugs. Shelly looks nothing like her old self (dat hair), but the change is a surprising improvement. She's gotten more... hawt. :| It seems like it will suit her personality better as well. Did I mention that I enjoy her hair? :]
As for Team Magma--I'm not really a fan of the Tabitha redesign because it seems kind of unnecessary and doesn't really make sense. I like Courtney's a lot, though. Her new look is adorable and feisty. :3
And Steven? Steven is a sexy mofo who ages like wine and knows how to dress. :p
No words on the main protagonists. I don't like Brendan's spandex and why tf did scrap May's bandanna?

To be fair, it isn't like Tabitha's old design really stood out.

Spr_RS_Team_Magma_Grunt_M.png
Spr_RS_Tabitha.png

The cape and the stripes on his pants are the only things distinguishing him from the grunts, really. :p

I was sorta eh about his redesign until I read his new bio--he didn't exactly have a super-unique personality before either--and now he's actually intimidating. ._.

So, uh, how is this redesign any less necessary than the ones you just said you liked?

In regards to May, I like her new design, except for one thing. Those stupid booty shorts. Girl, you're like ten. I hate society every time I see a tiny little girl wearing leggings and slutty clothes. And the booty shorts aren't even original. Hilda and Shauna got there first. At least May still has the spandex/bicycle shorts underneath.

In regards to May, I like her new design, except for one thing. Those stupid booty shorts. Girl, you're like ten. I hate society every time I see a tiny little girl wearing leggings and slutty clothes. And the booty shorts aren't even original. Hilda and Shauna got there first. At least May still has the spandex/bicycle shorts underneath.

So you're defining short shorts + leggings as slutty clothes? I don't see anything slutty about short shorts?

Back
Top Bottom