• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Redesigns: Yay or Nay?

Do you prefer the new redesigns?

• I love them!

Votes: 61 29.3%
  • I like the old ones better.

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • I like some of them, but like some of the old ones as well.

Votes: 89 42.8%
  • I'm really indifferent to this all.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • They just should have updated the old art rather than do redesigns.

Votes: 24 11.5%

• Total voters
I don't really like Brendan's new design. It makes him look more naive. Also with Shelly's design, she used to look better in my opinion.

In regards to May, I like her new design, except for one thing. Those stupid booty shorts. Girl, you're like ten. I hate society every time I see a tiny little girl wearing leggings and slutty clothes. And the booty shorts aren't even original. Hilda and Shauna got there first. At least May still has the spandex/bicycle shorts underneath.

So you're defining short shorts + leggings as slutty clothes? I don't see anything slutty about short shorts?

Ok, I guess I did word it that way, but it's not really what I meant... I don't know, it just seems like a clothing choice someone older would wear, like Hilda. I didn't mean to say those shorts or leggings are slutty, I was more trying to say that they're more adult-ish, as are slutty clothes (not defining the term there). Actually, I could kinda argue that they are, but that's just a matter of opinion and I totally understand that they're now an acceptable clothing choice. For the right people, though. I don't think new May's shorts are very appropriate, given her established age.

Opinions here, not trying to offend anybody.

In regards to May, I like her new design, except for one thing. Those stupid booty shorts. Girl, you're like ten. I hate society every time I see a tiny little girl wearing leggings and slutty clothes. And the booty shorts aren't even original. Hilda and Shauna got there first. At least May still has the spandex/bicycle shorts underneath.

So you're defining short shorts + leggings as slutty clothes? I don't see anything slutty about short shorts?

Ok, I guess I did word it that way, but it's not really what I meant... I don't know, it just seems like a clothing choice someone older would wear, like Hilda. I didn't mean to say those shorts or leggings are slutty, I was more trying to say that they're more adult-ish, as are slutty clothes (not defining the term there). Actually, I could kinda argue that they are, but that's just a matter of opinion and I totally understand that they're now an acceptable clothing choice. For the right people, though. I don't think new May's shorts are very appropriate, given her established age.

What established age? Anime!May is 10, but the anime literally has no bearing on the games.

Actually, the bow and the frilly tank top look more like something a younger girl would wear. If I were guessing her age, I'd say it'd be closer to 10-12ish.

And in May's original design, she wore shorts as well, so it's really not that different.

I honestly think they are slutty too, they are so short and I hate how it replaced her skort (not skirt, skort, they are different. why do I know? this don't ask). Her bicycle shorts are fine. She's 10 guys... They kinda ruined her cute image IMO. The fans still make her cute in fan art though.

I don't see what's so "adultish" about May's shorts/leggings. They aren't booty shorts by any sort of means, and if you think they are, no offense, but I don't think you've ever seen real booty shorts. They're just shorts and they're fine for her age. Honestly, the original RBGY Leaf's outfit was more inappropriate than ORAS May's could ever be.

So let me get this straight:

May wearing shorts under a short skirt = okay

May wearing the same length shorts under shorter shorts = slut

I think the only thing that isn't okay here is the sexual objectification of a fictional underaged character.

I don't like May's redesign mostly because, as many before me have pointed out, she's waaay too skinny. I would've liked both Brendan's and May's redesigns to be based off of the Emerald ones, where they looked kinda like they were serious about training and... I dunno, looked almost NORMAL. I will say that Brendan's redesign at least looks better than the original one from Ruby and Sapphire... that one just looked like he had some kind of mental issue. But still, May's legs look unnatural, even for a female tween.

I honestly think they are slutty too, they are so short and I hate how it replaced her skort (not skirt, skort, they are different. why do I know? this don't ask). Her bicycle shorts are fine. She's 10 guys... They kinda ruined her cute image IMO. The fans still make her cute in fan art though.

Can someone explain just how short shorts could be 'slutty' because it looks like an average piece of clothing to me that's sold pretty much anywhere and worn by anyone? And 'adultish'? There are short shorts designed for five-year-old kids in real life - it's not an adult thing :/

Yeah, I got that. I was trying to ask him why.

Did you not see TrainerSplash call me a SHE?

Also, what Isaac Gravity said. I told you why I think RSE May is ugly. It's my opinion, deal with it.

I'll never be able to get over what they did to Flannery. Why GF... why?

She looks like she regressed back into childhood to me lol.

It's no doubt the same art style that makes Norman (apparently) look like your older brother instead of your dad. Besides, I don't think she's supposed to be that old anyhow.

I never liked her to begin with.

ASDFGHJKKL;
WALLY
GOSH DARN YOU WALLY WHY ARE YOU SO CUTE!
*dies from cuteness*
AND THEN BRENDAN'S CONTEST OUTFIT! (I know it's not a re-design, in terms, BUT STILL!)
I just...woah. Team Aqua/Magma is amazing, Steven's amazing...
I just..wow. My excitement for this game has skyrocketed. ;D
The only person I don't like is May...But eh, I never liked May anyways. xD.

ASDFGHJKKL;
WALLY
*dies from cuteness*
AND THEN BRENDAN'S CONTEST OUTFIT! (I know it's not a re-design, in terms, BUT STILL!)

Welcome to the Bulbagarden fora. :D We've been having these reactions for the past couple of months now. It's great fun.

And I know right ISN'T WALLY AMAZING.

ASDFGHJKKL;
WALLY
*dies from cuteness*

Welcome to the Bulbagarden fora. :D We've been having these reactions for the past couple of months now. It's great fun.

And I know right ISN'T WALLY AMAZING.
Wish I woulda joined the bandwagon sooner! XD
He's an super awesome amazing ball of fluffy cuteness. Even more cuter then the world's cutest cats and the worlds cutest things combined.

I don't see what's so "adultish" about May's shorts/leggings. They aren't booty shorts by any sort of means, and if you think they are, no offense, but I don't think you've ever seen real booty shorts. They're just shorts and they're fine for her age. Honestly, the original RBGY Leaf's outfit was more inappropriate than ORAS May's could ever be.
I agree; I have seen girls much younger than May where short shorts it's not really adult like at all. I don't think I've seen as many adults were short shorts as I have kids and teens. Of course I live in Minnesota So you only see short shorts when it gets hot in the summer.

Come to think of it doesn't hoenn have a really hot climate? Doesn't it make perfect sense for her to wear short shorts just to keep cool?

I really hope that you are able to change your clothing like in XY. The new Brendan just looks... Weird. Like that kid that has 6 zigzagoons.

Back
Top Bottom