• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Characters and Plot

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Reaction score
With the introduction of the 6th Generation about an hour ago we've been provided with title art detailing a strand of DNA, and the titles imply the X and the Y chromosomes. The region also seems to be shaping up to be located in Europe (France more specifically).

zVDmc.png

What, then, do you feel could be the underlying plot of X & Y? Do you think it will be as heavily plot based as Black & White were? And if the plot doesn't involve DNA or chromosomes, what do you feel it involves?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y: Characters and Plot

Something tells me its gonna be Unova related. The way Iwata mentioned some of your old favorites tells me that we are gonna get a huge amount of new Pokemon along side most of the Unova mon, with Unova mon getting evolutions and what not. Furthermore Unova's plots are gonna be somewhat related, and if there is a DNA connection, as the Japanese logo implies with the double helix, we're likely gonna get a mad scientist evil team. That will likely work on Genesect further.

Way too early, but I hope the plot is as intensive as Gen V and that they wrote the primary pair's story with a sequel in mind.

When will these games take place in relation to other gens?

You know, with names like X and Y, they're already fueling speculation for a third version...

I hope that the games are heavily plot based, and answer some of Unova's unanswered questions. With statues of a few of Unova's Pokemon that could imply a connection between the two regions, but its too early to say for sure.

Something really fun:
Birds do not have have XY chromosomes, they have ZW chromosomes. Male birds have ZZ chromosomes whereas female birds have ZW chromosomes.
Most mammals do have XY chromosomes and obviously a female deer with XX chromosome works; but all of the deer species native to France are the ones which only males have antlers. Only reindeers have antlers in both sexes, and there are cases of female reindeers without horns. Though of course, there are exceptions.

Weird.

I'm interested in who that girl following the male hero was.

tumblr_inline_mgb4szpBoT1qmks9t.png

She's not the female MC - she's shown in the trailer (blond hair, red clothes) and she lacks a hat - yet she's following you. A new rival?

...or a random stalker spy for an evil team. WE DON'T KNOW!

That girl's hair looks suspiciously like BW2 female character... probably it's not she, however.

In the video you can see how she follows the PC. So, double battle temporary companions are back.

donut.jpg

She's not the female MC - she's shown in the trailer (blond hair, red clothes) and she lacks a hat - yet she's following you. A new rival?

perhaps some running trainer going in circles? but if important, i like how she isn't directly behind you

The twin tails remind me of Rosa imo

Anyways, I expect them to include a lot of biology - mostly genetic - sources in this game.

It seems we can customize the heroes to an extent. There are scenes where they're wearing glasses, others where they're not.

X and Y have another meaning. Axis. 3D.

X and Y have another meaning. Axis. 3D.

Yeah, and that was pointed already, but the logo has the DNA thing.

Oh, just realized. DNA. The DNA Pokémon.

Maybe Deoxys is going to make a return somehow.

Also that fiery place is likely a major plot point, its a throne room apparently. You can't make it out on the trailer too well, but there's a throne at the end, or at least a very fancy looking chair.

I'm very disappointed with this announcement. I mean, it's great, but it's too soon. Gen V was my favorite generation after 1 and 2 and it only lasted two years in America, and three in Japan. Yes, yes, I know other generations have also lasted only three years, but I don't care. Gen V should have been longer. That's what happens when Nintendo rushes things. Black and White should have been released on the 3DS to begin with.

i think there is a fire gym look at the trailer! so excited for this game!!! and also it looks like nate and rosa is still the npc!!!

Also that fiery place is likely a major plot point, its a throne room apparently. You can't make it out on the trailer too well, but there's a throne at the end, or at least a very fancy looking chair.

I get the feeling that the throne in the fiery place is a gym. The revolving room looks to be a gym (Psychic?), and so does the spider webs (Bug?) so it's possible that the room with the fire plumes is a Fire Gym. Who knows, though.

I'm really curious to see if the "collect 8 badges, beat the baddies, and challenge the E4" linear progression has been changed up.

I am getting a bad feeling about the titles.

Imagine this - the villains (probably named Klinefelter/Turner/Down) speak crap like "We have this ray that will cause non-disjunction of chromosomes. Muhahaha." You never know with Pokemon evil teams.

The Champion says something along the lines "All genes are equal, you (the PC) should teach those Team <insert weird term here> that."

I'm very disappointed with this announcement. I mean, it's great, but it's too soon. Gen V was my favorite generation after 1 and 2 and it only lasted two years in America, and three in Japan. Yes, yes, I know other generations have also lasted only three years, but I don't care. Gen V should have been longer. That's what happens when Nintendo rushes things. Black and White should have been released on the 3DS to begin with.

It's been nearly three years since BW was announced.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom