• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Characters and Plot

Its really amazing how fictionally real The group Chemistry feel even though all of them travel separately and only meet each other occasionally .
Its like playing a game & watching a Shouene Anime at the same time .

june_p5_05.jpg

june_p5_06.jpg

june_p5_01.jpg

june_p5_07.jpg

june_p5_02.jpg

june_p6_01.jpg

june_p6_03.jpg

june_p5_08.jpg

june_new_p7_02.jpg

june_p5_04.jpg

june_new_p6_03.jpg

Its really amazing how fictionally real The group Chemistry feel even though all of them travel separately and only meet each other occasionally .
Its like playing a game & watching a Shouene Anime at the same time .

june_p5_05.jpg

june_p5_06.jpg

june_p5_01.jpg

june_p5_07.jpg

june_p5_02.jpg

june_p6_01.jpg

june_p6_03.jpg

june_p5_08.jpg

june_new_p7_02.jpg

june_p5_04.jpg

june_new_p6_03.jpg

The final two screenshots really impress me. It really gives me that feel of friends starting a new adventure together. In previous games your rival would always walk off-screen before you even regained control of your character. Dis gon' be good!

Where was it stated that the player character is from another region? I don't see it on the official website.
I think people inferred it from the dialogue where the other NPC's were talking to the PC, and they did not seem to know each other from childhood, indicating the PC just moved to the town. Of course, that doesn't really mean another region.

Where was it stated that the player character is from another region? I don't see it on the official website.
I think people inferred it from the dialogue where the other NPC's were talking to the PC, and they did not seem to know each other from childhood, indicating the PC just moved to the town. Of course, that doesn't really mean another region.

The official site says vaniville is your new home and your neighbors will be eager to meet you. Everyone is assuming this means your from a different region although it could just mean a different town.

Also everyone assumes your friends will be "rivals" even though the site only refers to them as friends. I think that serena/calum will be a proper rival like the main rivals from other games, while trevor will be a friend who will be like a rival when it comes to filling the dex, and I think that trevor, tierno and shauna will all play a role that is sort of like ash's companions in the anime (brock, misty, dawn, etc) except that instead of always following they would join you at certain points and go away at other points.

Edit: got so caught up in what was said in this thread I forgot it was an old thread that I was planning to bump so that I could mention a plot idea. I think renewable energy and human impact on nature might be a big theme in the plot because on the map the desert looks like it has wind turbines and that building with the domes overlaps a patch of magma so it might be some sort of geothermal power, plus a big windmill in one trailer looks sort of like it is covered in solar panels.

Last edited:
I just thought of something as far as the plot goes...X will have something to do with plants and forests while Y has something to do with the air, sky, and/or weather.

- Taking a closer look at the website, the X side has the moving leaf pattern, the Y side has the black fog.
- Xerneas was shown to be in a forest and is probably the "protector of the forest/woods/plants/trees".
- Yveltal is obviously a bird/dragon thing, so it's probably the "protector of the sky/air".
- The hypothetical third member of the trio is probably fauna related.
- The evil team(s, if they do the R/S thing) are most likely after control of the environment through science.

Every gen has a Preteen gym leader !
Gen 1 : Misty
Gen2 : Bugsy
Gen3 : Tate and Liza
Gen4 : Maylane
Gen 5 : Iris
Gen6 : ????

So I was wondering who going to be the Preteen Gym Leader of this Gen and if the Gym Leader going to A Boy Or A Girl !

Watch them take some other route and have someone who's younger than 10 be a fire type gym leader.

Like...Imagine if you go through the entire gym thinking you're going to fight this old man or some young adult...but when you get to the leader....it's a small boy that looks to be no more than five. He says something like "Hi! My name is Pierre. Sorry. I'm filling in for my big brother! He's not feeling very good now. But don't worry! He taught me lots and lots of things!" And then he sends out this level 38 final Litleo evolution. After you beat him he cries for a little while, but unlike Whitney, you don't have to leave and come back. He literally hands over the badge and TM through his tears.

Watch them take some other route and have someone who's younger than 10 be a fire type gym leader.

Like...Imagine if you go through the entire gym thinking you're going to fight this old man or some young adult...but when you get to the leader....it's a small boy that looks to be no more than five. He says something like "Hi! My name is Pierre. Sorry. I'm filling in for my big brother! He's not feeling very good now. But don't worry! He taught me lots and lots of things!" And then he sends out this level 38 final Litleo evolution. After you beat him he cries for a little while, but unlike Whitney, you don't have to leave and come back. He literally hands over the badge and TM through his tears.

"Hi! Mommy says not to burn things at home because I burned the house down! Now I get to burn you down!"

I'm kind of wondering about the lack of news regarding an evil crime syndicate. IIRC, Team Plasma were revealed not too long after the BW hyped started in Corocoro along with Hilda and Hilbert. We've gotten zero news regarding a "Team____" thus far. I gotta admit, it would be interesting and break the mold a bit to have no villain in the game but at the same time I feel like villains can make the game more exciting in a way. Plus the games supposedly are focusing more on communication and friendship with the rivals according to a press release I'm forgetting so is it possible there will be no evil team?

Not having a villainous team in the game would certainly be a refreshing change of pace.

I agree. There's probably going to be some type of villain/antagonist. But it would be very nice to have something different to the usual Team _____. If we do have a similar villainous organization, we should at least break the naming tradition of Team ______ just to change it up a bit.

The villainous team was mentioned briefly in the E3 Q&A, as noted here. They might not be the usual "Team" thing we've had the past 5 generations, but apparently they do exist.

PokéBeach said:
Q - what will the evil team or rival be like?
A - There PROBABLY will be some kind of evil team. (laughs) You can expect to see a team "something."
the random in my head said:
Villains may be “something different” than the Team ____ style crime syndicate
So which is it? The quote from PokéBeach is as uninspiring as possible.

The quote from Pokebeach is reliable. They said: "you can expect to see an evil team revealed later" as confirmed by TheJWittz who attended the Q&A.
The question is if the other quote is reliable, too. The blog also says that "the battle environments and field scenes reflect time of day and weather", which I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere. The title of the entry is "The summary of the q&a they didn’t tweet about", so I do wonder if a few subtle details were missed.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom