• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Characters Who Inspire You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Every now and then we'll be playing something, or watching something, and we'll see a character who makes us think "I wanna be like them". Something they do or say just inspires us to be our best. Which characters do this for you and why?

Silver the Hedgehog: Silver knew what he wanted, and he tried his damn hardest to get it. Even when people got in his way, or made him doubt himself, he never changed his goal, but he was smart enough, and brave enough, to take a good hard look at himself and the situation and see whether his methods were right, and accepted when they weren't.

Steven Universe: Steven will do whatever it takes to protect the people he cares about, heck, even he even tries to help people he doesn't care about. Leaping headfirst into a massive laser cannon, throwing himself to people who want him dead, confessing to a terrible crime he knows he didn't do, all just to protect the people he loves.

Noel Kreiss (Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns): He came from a horrible future and ended up watching everyone die around him as he remained the last human left. Yet he never gave up. He tried so hard that even the goddess Etro had mercy on him and let him travel back to the past to try to alter the course of history so that everything wouldn't go to crap, even doing so knowing that changing the past could remove him from history. He's realistic, but never gives up hope, even when clinging to hope hurts (like in Lightning Returns). The way he encouraged Serah to stand up and fight and never lay down waiting to die was pretty inspirational, and he tries so hard to protect the people close to him.

Vyse (Skies of Arcadia): This guy is like a walking motivational speaker sometimes, but in a good way and without being annoying or too cheesy, in my opinion. Vyse never lets anything get him down for long. His dream was to see everything his world had to offer, beyond the limits that others had determined existed. And he did. He became the captain of a ship and led his crew of chivalrous Blue Rogue pirates, always fighting to do what's right and to protect those who needed protecting. He's also super charismatic and just exudes confidence. Vyse is the kind of leader I'd believe in, even as jaded as I am.

Silver the Hedgehog: Silver knew what he wanted, and he tried his damn hardest to get it. Even when people got in his way, or made him doubt himself, he never changed his goal, but he was smart enough, and brave enough, to take a good hard look at himself and the situation and see whether his methods were right, and accepted when they weren't.
100% agree here about Silver, so I'll just quote this in agreement haha.

Tommy Oliver from Power Rangers: Started out as a minion for Rita Repulsa when he was the Green Ranger, then switched sides, gave up the last of his Green Ranger powers to save his friends from Lord Zedd, and eventually becomes so well-adored by fans of the show that when the White Ranger was revealed to be him, it was pretty cool (although I liked him better in Green). Not sure about him in Zeo or the first half of Turbo (both of which he was a Red Ranger), but in Dino Thunder, he was a science teacher who became the Black Ranger. I always wanted to be a science teacher who could unleash a can of whoop-ass at will!

EDIT: Although my nerdiness makes me much more like Billy the MMPR blue ranger, Tommy is a bit more inspiring.

For me manga red always inspired me for being a total badass normal
Another good one was odd from code lyoko, he did it when it counts, but was always kind of a slacker and fun guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom