• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Characters you Hope Debut in Generations

Who do You hope gets released the Never Animated Gulag?

• Silver

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Wally

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Other E4 Members

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Hilbert or Hilda

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Benga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zinnia

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Emma

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Calem

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Hilda. At this rate, she'll never be in anything animated.
b4e.jpg

Poor Hilda. At this rate, she'll never be in anything animated.

Yeah, that is a disappointing point for not including the female trainers, especially when Leaf has had barely anything. Granted, their appearances aren't much when they're in the shadows and have no lines, but like I've said before, if you're going to make shorts to celebrate the whole franchise, you might as well showcase all of the playable characters. I'm still not sure why they didn't show Lucas though since that makes the whole show only the first male trainer deal more inconsistent. I would have really liked to see Hilda animated too. Seeing the B2/W2 protagonists would have been nice, but not including them isn't too bad when they had that B2/W2 promo.

Since the fifth generation episodes turned out rather poorly and I wasn't a huge fan of Team Flare or most of the characters in X/Y, I have little hope for the remaining shorts to be actually good. The best that came from N's episode was having N and Hilbert meet again. The fact that they never met again in the games was really sad and that last thirty seconds or so made me way happier than I thought it would. But when that and the use of some really nice game music are the best part of a short focusing on N, one of my favorite characters in the franchise, that's not really a good sign. At this point, I seriously question their whole untold stories tagline when announcing the mini series. Most of the fifth generation episodes were basically just scenes from the games animated with maybe a couple of twists thrown in. If they wanted to just animate scenes from the games, that's fine, but when you describe your series as being full of untold stories, that does give a much different impression to people, or at least to me.

Yeah the Unova episodes were a real let-down, except for the last 15 seconds of episode 15. The "untold stories" could've been N in the faraway region, or how Ghetsis managed to gain Kyurem's cooperation. They could've even done Dragonspiral Tower in B/W from N's perspective. But nope, all we got was a retread of in-game scenes.

I would have loved something like N being on a faraway region, reflecting on what he learned from the events of B/W and seeing more of his development. We did see a bit of that with the last Unova episode, but that doesn't have the same kind of weight when it was just scenes from the games and we were being told how much he cared about Unova more than seeing it. Granted, it was probably hard to cover something like that within a five minute short, especially when these are rarely actually structured like a short, and it worked in the games because we actually did see N's progression through both sets of games, but I think that they could have handled it more effectively at least.

And considering how interesting the storyline was and how many good characters there are in the fifth generation, just using in game scenes was such a huge waste. There was more flashy battles than I expected, but it does my issues with Generations as a whole: all style and no substance. There was so much potential to do some interesting takes and twists with the fifth generation games and they just went for flashy battles instead. That is such a disappointment, which would also cover my feelings on Generations in general.

Now I do wish Hilda was part of Ash's group instead of Iris, the latter's personality would have been better on Hilda considering that she's older than Ash in my opinion, so other than Calem and not counting Sun and Moon since they just started their journey, only Leaf and Hilda are the only characters not to appear in any sort of animation

I think they usually use the male main characters because they believe the majority of pokefans are male and that the majority of those male fans play as a boy in the games. That is my guess on why they don't use characters like Leaf and Hilda but I don't know.

We have 3 more Generation episodes left, and here are some possibilities on what will be next:
- Team Flare's activation of the Ultimate Weapon
- AZ's backstory
- Essentia arc
- Something Zygardish
- I don't know if they would do Sun and Moon, as it's a new game, but the scene before Lusamine goes into the Ultra Wormhole
- I want Zinnia, but the Hoenn stories had passed by and there isn't a big possibility that it will happen

I'm going to guess that we'll get an episode focused on the Team Flare Climax with one of (if not both) Xerneas/Yveltal. Generations has given the Cover Legendaries a perfect track record so far (unless you consider Black and White Kyurem as separate entities) and the climaxes of every team has been highlighted, so more then likely we're getting that out of the miniseries for one episode at least. Mega Evolution is also a huge part of XY's story, so I think we'll get something with the Tower and Korrina in there as well.

As for the last, that's more up in the air as there's nothing else major to cover, so hopefully something with Emma, maybe focusing on her life before Looker or about what happens to her afterwards.

AZ's backstory seems likely since he is on the poster, and he doesn't really do anything in the games over than standing in a cell as Lysandre talks about him.

So AZ's backstory, Team Flare Climax, and Emma are most likely. Really wished for some Sun and Moon stuff though.

Considering that Episode 16 just came out and it involved Lysandre, the Holo Reader, and Yvelatl, I think the last two episodes are likely AZ and Emma.

I think we're most likely be getting Calem's appearance in the anime, if he does appear, that would mean only Leaf, Hilda, Sun and Moon will be the only characters to not make any appearances in any anime media

Yeah, AZ and then Emma seem most likely. Who knows, Calem could also show up in Emma's episode with Looker.

Hi Emma.

Guess we all know what happens next episode ;)

Anyone else get the feeling that this is gonna be THE darkest thing to ever happen in Pokémon animation? :cautious:

Not only AZ, but Calem too!
(even if we couldn't see him good like the other heroes...)

Well, Pokemon Generations had a good run. There were some good, some wierd, and HD Remakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom