• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Charizard VS Blastoise

Aww, everyone hates Charizard... well, personally, Charizard is my favorite Pokemon :c

Blastoise is overrated. I like how people say that Charizard is overrated even though it is clear that they are in denial. Blastoise is out-classed by many things, and doesn't have much competitive use outside of it's home tier. At least Charizard has a niche.

Blastoise is a great tank, and has a nice design.

Used to be a huge Charizard fan; nowadays, I get more use out of Blastoise and he has been more useful to me, so I'mma let Blasty take my vote.

Blastoise is a tortoise with cannons! How cool is that? Its design is pretty cool, although it usually looks pretty bad on its artworks and sprites.

I think Charizard is very unoriginal... It is just a generic fire dragon, it is easily the most uninteresting Gen I starter to me.

Blastoise is overrated. I like how people say that Charizard is overrated even though it is clear that they are in denial. Blastoise is out-classed by many things, and doesn't have much competitive use outside of it's home tier. At least Charizard has a niche.

That doesn't make it overrated. What would make Blastoise overrated would be if everyone and their mother kept shilling it to no end and decrying that "Blastoise is da best Pokemon eva!!!!1!!1"

Which nobody is. Everyone praises its design (turtle with cannons is cool!!1!1!!) but I haven't seen too many people saying it's the best at anything.

...Charizard, on the other hand...

I voted for Charizard. I really dislike Blastoise's design, despite both Squirtle and Wartortle being fine. Charizard's design is at least ok to me. I care for neither in battle either, so I'll just base it purely on their designs.

Oh, and @Grass Type Warrior; You're replying to a three year old post there, buddy.

Blastoise. My favorite Kanto starter.
I like Charizard, but he is the most bland, unoriginal and boring looking of the three Kanto starters. Turtle with cannons and dinosaur with plants on back are much better designs. Zard is just a fat, plain orange dragon.

There are cooler looking Dragon-y Pokemon. Hydreigon is a dark, flower hydra with tank track markings, Flygon looks like a cool dragonfly reptile with bug eyes, Garchomp is a jetplane land shark, Haxorus has a friggin axe in its mouth, and Noivern is a bat dragon with huge speakers for ears.

But Charizard always gets the praise.

Blastoise. I just found a turtle that has cannons in it's shell so cool and I have so much nostalgia from it being my very first starter. I like Charizard too, but I've never been a huge dragon fan.

Blastoise. The Squirtle family is my all time favorite starter Pokémon line. Blastoise is so awesome, it has giant cannons in its shell! Mega Blastoise looks pretty cool too; ARMCANNONS!

I like Charizard too, out of the original Kanto starters it's my second favorite. Out of all starters, it's still pretty high up. I like Charizard's megas as well, Y more than X.

Back in the early days of Pokémon Red and Blue... I heard a rumor that if you named your starter "Mew" it would somehow turn into one. So I grabbed squirtle not really caring about it-- Soon I discovered what I had heard from classmates was false. I ended up dealing with my mistake and owning up to it... so to honor my poorly named pal I didn't abandoned him into my boxes nor release him into the wild but stuck to my heart and trained him. He evolved over time till he reached 'adulthood' as a Blastoise, that's when I visited the name-rater in Lavender Town and renamed him "Buddy".

Long story short... though I wanted a Charizard, (I eventually obtained one in FireRed) I appreciate and have more respect for Blastoise.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom