• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Charizard vs Blaziken

Envoy

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
Charizard vs Blaziken

charizard.png
VS
blaziken.png

Charizard and Blaziken are probably the two most popular Fire Starters. They're also the two "first" Fire Starters. What I mean is that Charizard was the first Starter (along with Venusaur and Blastoise) but Blaziken was the first in what appears to be a long line of Fire/Fighting Starters.

Both are offensive Pokemon, but Blaziken has better attack stats (on both sides of the spectrum) while Charizard has better speed. Of course, their Dream World abilities offset this by giving Charizard a power boost in the sunlight (via Solar Power) and Blaziken a speed boost with the aptly named... uh... Speed Boost.

So,

Who do you prefer?

Who'd win in a fight?

Who's more useful?

I like Blaziken a lot. He's my favorite Fire Starter and one of the only four Fire types I actually like. This is really no contest for me as I detest Charizard with a burning (gedit?) passion.

Other Charizard Starter matchups:

Charizard vs Typhlosion

Charizard vs Infernape

Charizard vs Enbuoo

Other Blaziken Starter matchups:

Typhlosion vs Blaziken

Blaziken vs Infernape

Blaziken vs Enbuoo

Last edited:
Who do you prefer?
The Lizard with wings.
Who'd win in a fight?
Lizard with wings again.
Who's more useful?
Probably KFC.

Charizard remains my favorite starter to this day, so I'm voting for it. I do like KFC though, I have a figurine of it on my computer :3

Blaziken has always been awesome.

Now it can stall for one turn with Protect, get the speed boost, the OHKO Charizard with Stone Edge/Thunder Punch

I know prefer Blaziken, because it has access to Speed Boost.

Unless Blaziken wants to spam Protect for a free Speed Boost, it's probably doomed against Charizard's Air Slash. Still, Blaziken's infinitely more useful.

Blaziken could beat Charizard.

Charizard used Air Slash!

Baziken held on with it's Focus Sash!

Blaziken used Rock Slide!

Charizard held on with it's Focus Sash!

Blazikn used Quick Attack!

Kthxbye

Blaziken could beat Charizard.

Charizard used Air Slash!

Baziken held on with it's Focus Sash!

Blazikn used Quick Attack!

Kthxbye

Or, alternatively:

Blaziken used Protect

Charizard used Air Slash

Blaziken's speed rose with Speed Boost

Blaziken used Rock Slide

Charizard fainted.

There are plenty of ways you can spin it to make Blaziken win.

Blaziken is my favourite fire starter. So he always wins in my eyes.

I like both of them. But charizard was my first starter ever. Fire red was my first pokemon game.

I would have expected Charizard to be winning but a lot, but wow...

Anyways, love them both. But Charizard has a special spot in my heart. First starter (not including Pikachu in Yellow), PMD: Red match, PMD2 partner, and other reasons. I do like Blaziken though...

Charizard.

I just prefer it over Blaziken, even if the latter is more useful in combat.
Charizard looks badass - especially the cloned one in Mewtwo Strikes Back.

"Who do you prefer?"

Charizard is my favorite Pokemon. Red version was my first Pokemon, Charmander was my first starter, etc. Memories sure help. :)

"Who'd win in a battle?"

Charizard could beat Blaziken.

Charizard used Earthquake!

Blaziken held on with it's Focus Sash!

Charizard used Quick Attack!

Birthday Charmander ftw.

"Who's more useful?"

Both pretty much have the same moveset. They can learn ThunderPunch and SolarBeam to beat Water Types, have rock moves, etc. Charizard has Flying moves while Blaziken has Fighting. Fighting give more type coverage. Charizard being horribly weak to Stealth Rocks is a pain though.

"Who do you prefer?"

Charizard is my favorite Pokemon. Red version was my first Pokemon, Charmander was my first starter, etc. Memories sure help. :)

"Who'd win in a battle?"

Charizard could beat Blaziken.

Charizard used Earthquake!

Blaziken held on with it's Focus Sash!

Charizard used Quick Attack!

Birthday Charmander ftw.

"Who's more useful?"

Both pretty much have the same moveset. They can learn ThunderPunch and SolarBeam to beat Water Types, have rock moves, etc. Charizard has Flying moves while Blaziken has Fighting. Fighting give more type coverage. Charizard being horribly weak to Stealth Rocks is a pain though.

With speed boost from the Dream World Blaziken would win in this situation.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom