• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Charizard vs Blaziken

To be honest. It really depends on the moveset. Because if the said Charizard knows Dragon Dance. This battle is over before it begins. If the Charizard trainer knows what he's doing. It could end up 50/50. BECAUSE
Charizard uses Dragon Dance
Charizards Attack and Speed Rose!
Blaziken Uses Protect
Blazikens speed rose
THIS IS THE CRUCIAL BIT
Blaziken uses protect (Assuming the trainer gathers that the Charizard will attack)
If it fails, the Charizard will use air slash. OHKOing the Blaziken with the offensive boost he gained earlier. But if the protect works the Blaziken will become faster than Charizard. Knowing this, the Charizard trainer would probably withdraw Charizard. If they can't Blaziken will use Stone Edge to OHKO Charizard.

TO CONCLUDE
If said Charizard has Dragon Dance, the battle is pretty even. Since Blaziken will DEFINETLY use protect first time knowing it's against a Charizard. It all depends whether the Protect works a second time in a row.
BUT, if the Charizard doesen't have Dragon Dance. It's pretty pooed.

Personally, my Charizard has Dragon Dance. Just to deal with pesky Blazikens. Obviously there is no definite outcome to the duel, it just depends on the Charizard and/or Blaziken.

To be honest. It really depends on the moveset. Because if the said Charizard knows Dragon Dance. This battle is over before it begins. If the Charizard trainer knows what he's doing. It could end up 50/50. BECAUSE
Charizard uses Dragon Dance
Charizards Attack and Speed Rose!
Blaziken Uses Protect
Blazikens speed rose
THIS IS THE CRUCIAL BIT
Blaziken uses protect (Assuming the trainer gathers that the Charizard will attack)
If it fails, the Charizard will use air slash. OHKOing the Blaziken with the offensive boost he gained earlier. But if the protect works the Blaziken will become faster than Charizard. Knowing this, the Charizard trainer would probably withdraw Charizard. If they can't Blaziken will use Stone Edge to OHKO Charizard.

TO CONCLUDE
If said Charizard has Dragon Dance, the battle is pretty even. Since Blaziken will DEFINETLY use protect first time knowing it's against a Charizard. It all depends whether the Protect works a second time in a row.
BUT, if the Charizard doesen't have Dragon Dance. It's pretty pooed.

Personally, my Charizard has Dragon Dance. Just to deal with pesky Blazikens. Obviously there is no definite outcome to the duel, it just depends on the Charizard and/or Blaziken.

Firstly, Charizard doesn't use Dragon Dance. Not usually anyway.
Secondly, you assume that Blaziken will always use protect first but allow Charizard to be a bit varied.
Turn 1: You say that Charizard should use Dragon Dance assuming that Blaziken will always go for Protect first. Well, I'm gonna predict that and use Swords Dance.
Turn 2: I go for protect this time. You predict that protect as well and go for another Dragon Dance. However, I Predict this second Dragon Dance and just attack instead of going for Protect and kill Charizard. But you predict that I would go for an attack so you attack first instead and since due to you DD, Charizard is still faster and kills Blaziken. I predict that and use protect.

Or rather, when Charizard first uses Dragon Dance, Blaziken just uses Stone Edge and OHKOs it.

This outpredicting goes on forever and so does this debate.

As I said, Charizard rarely uses Dragon Dance because Physical Attacks are just not its thing. Just for the sake of simplicity, the battle pretty much boils down to Blaziken protecting itself for one turn and then OHKOing back with boosted speed.

OHKOing the Blaziken with the offensive boost he gained earlier

By the way, Air Slash will not gain an offensive boost from Dragon Dance. I could predict this and use a defensive Blaziken which will survive an unboosted Air Slash from a special attacking Charizard and still manage to OHKO back. But again, prediction wars never end.

1 vs. 1 Blaziken can almost always come out on top vs a Charizard, most people use special Charzizards anyways so... Aside from that, Blaziken also happens to actually be useful in other tiers with speed boost, Hi-Jump-Kick, Flare Blitz and Protect. I must say Charizards NU for a reason (stealth rocks, not that fast, nonexistent bulk, etc.) Besides, the ability to boost your speed without even trying is pretty amazing and should serve as a testament to show just how far Blazikens gone since the last couple generations.

...wouldn't an Aerial Ace hit harder after a Dragon Dance anyway? So why use Air Slash?

And why use Arial Ace when Charizard learns Earthquake? Arial Ace gives redundant coverage with Fire moves.

Well I wouldn't know what physical moves to run because their is no way in hell I'd run a physical Charizard moveset. :p

Hey, hey! Do you remember that Belly Drum set people used back in Gen IV? Me neither.

Well I wouldn't know what physical moves to run because their is no way in hell I'd run a physical Charizard moveset. :p

Hey, hey! Do you remember that Belly Drum set people used back in Gen IV? Me neither.

People used Charizard in serious competitve play before Solar Power while retaining something resembling a strategy? I'm pretty sure that the only people who used charizard were newbies with a move set of Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Blast and Blast Burn.

I really don't like Blaziken too much, it's overhyped and I think there are better Pokémon out there. For this contest my vote goes to Charizard. I like its design much more and it can fly.

Charizard is my vote in this poll. Ive always prefered the red, fiery dragon Pokemon. It has a good design and is my favorite Kanto starter. Whenever I play a Kanto Pokemon game, I think of Charizard. It's also my favorite fire type starter out of all of them. Blaziken dosen't compare to me, I never liked it and I think it looks weird, plus I never like Fighting types very much. I'd choose Charizard over Blaziken anytime I had a choice.

Blaziken is busy kicking ass in ubers. I fail to see how it's overhyped or overrated.

If anything, it's underrated.

I'll say Blaziken, mainly because it doesn't have the 4x weakness. Additionally, it's a more original design, as well as being the first Fire/Fighting starter in a long line.

Lizardon itself is the definition of "overrated, overhyped, over-etc".
I never liked the monster and after knowing the internet, I got to unlike it even more.

Bursyamo on other hand is the most cool looking starter from Generation 3.
One can not just dislike the fiery chicken.

My vote obviously goes to:

257f.gif

Charizard has a great design, Blaziken has a horrible one. I prefer Charizard based on design.

I never liked Charizard. It just looks like the most 'basic' and safe dragon-ish thing to ever exist. I disliked it for that very reason since i was little and nothing about that changed to this day. (Charmeleon looks way better in my opinion.)

So i'll go with Blaziken.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom