• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Charizard vs Blaziken

Charizard always without mega evolution without hidden abilities charizard rocks blaziken has less speed defense compared to charizard so charizard rocks battle in 1 v 1

Charizard, because I love its Megas, and because Blaziken is just ugly.

I'm sick of Charizard being shoved in my face all of the time, but at the same time, I have never cared for Blaziken, I have always found its design to be weird... So in the end, I have to go with Charizard. Torchic is adorable, though.

"Who do you prefer?"

Charizard is my favorite Pokemon. Red version was my first Pokemon, Charmander was my first starter, etc. Memories sure help. :)

"Who'd win in a battle?"

Charizard could beat Blaziken.

Charizard used Earthquake!

Blaziken held on with it's Focus Sash!

Blaziken used Rock Slide!

Charizard held on with it's Focus Sash!

Charizard used Quick Attack!

Birthday Charmander ftw.

"Who's more useful?"

Both pretty much have the same moveset. They can learn ThunderPunch and SolarBeam to beat Water Types, have rock moves, etc. Charizard has Flying moves while Blaziken has Fighting. Fighting give more type coverage. Charizard being horribly weak to Stealth Rocks is a pain though.
Blaziken Speed Boost, Blaziken Protect And 1 Shot With Thunder Punch After Gained Speedboost

Blaziken, I like it's line more and they're always who I pick when going through Hoenn again. Plus Blaziken's design is more appealing to me. Charizard is pandered too much for me to even care about it, I used to be indifferent towards it but it's just shoved down everyone's throat often enough that I've grown to outright hate it (though there are other overrated 'mons I do like, it's just Charizard isn't one of them). That said, I do think Charmander is cute and Charmeleon is pretty okay as well.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom