• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Chat moving servers... possibly

Misty

I'm the TRASH MAN! I eat GAHBAGE!
Reaction score
Okay, so, it has come to my attention that Dejatoons is really... just not a good network for our uses. A lot of the good channels have left, leaving us to deal with lamers from SPP and the like. This is not a good situation, and the immediate remedy is a change of locale.

Thanks to a lot of hard work on the part of some staff members, we have opened the possibility of moving the [HASHTAG]#bulbagarden[/HASHTAG] to SystemNet, Pocketmonsters' network. Pocketmonsters has been an inspiration for a previous move - to dejatoons, in fact, which at the time happened to be a successful move and has brought our channel a great deal of opportunities. But those opportunities are no longer as bountiful as they once were.

The advantages of Systemnet are apparent - getting rid of a great deal of SPP users and other scum will be a major benefit. On the other hand, there are people who may not wish to move for a variety of reasons. If you are one of these people, this is your chance to make your opinion on the subject clear - if you think moving is good, feel free to express so, and if you disagree, provide your reasoning, either here or to me in the chat.

I and the [HASHTAG]#bulbagarden[/HASHTAG] staff will do what we can to make this transition easy, and hopefully we can reach the best solution.

The new network can be found at irc.pocketmonsters.net or irc.systemnet.org.

Last edited:
Being one of the "staff members" who opened up the possibility of the move, I am very for this move. :D

Being one who helped open up this oppertunity, I think the move would be good since it would not only get rid of the SPP idiots that have infiltrated the channel, but also would give us a chance to branch out more. Being on Dejatoons has had its good share of times, and have brought us many good users that have continued to stay with us. Now that they're here, they're probably going to stay, and moving servers opens new things up for us.

Another good reason to move over to SystemNet is the fact that we know almost all of the IRCOps over there, and we can talk easily with each other about any issue. On Dejatoons however, we're scorned by a majority of the IRCOps there, and creates a hostile environment.

As I've said, being on Dejatoons has given us a good name, and has populated the channel. But since things are going a bit awry with Dejatoons, we now have this chance to branch out again and try to recruit new faces to the channel.

To conclude, this move will not only help us, but help others as well. :)

Would this possibly have a chance of finally solving my problem with not being able to connect to the chat?

Would this possibly have a chance of finally solving my problem with not being able to connect to the chat?

Give it a try, Butler, the channel's open now. irc.systemnet.org/irc.pocketmonsters.org Port 6667 #Bulbagarden

As for my opinion? I'm for it. The mob at Systemnet are a decent crew, which helps with moving a channel.

I'm drawing the line in the sand, McGraw stays on dejatoons. The move would benefit the channel, have fun on your new network. I will pop by now and again to troll and remind you of how awesome I am =]

Last edited:
Sounds like it'll be nifty-dandy, I'm all for it. I'll just have to figure out the whole mirc thing again, but oh well.

The address of the network is irc.systemnet.info or irc.pocketmonsters.net. The .info domain change is recent and will eventually be applied everywhere silently.

Heh. So FINALLY [HASHTAG]#bulbagarden[/HASHTAG] moves to Systemnet.

Well, I don't really frequent the chat nowadays, but I was a regular at the time when [HASHTAG]#spp[/HASHTAG] came along, and I was so surprised at the influx of people at that time then. At first, I didn't think too much of it, and I still don't. However, if those people are proving to be a headache, then it's better we get ourselves out as soon as possible. It's good to have more people, but it's better to have good people (for the lack of a better term).

Sure!

That's fine with me, Misty! ^_^

In fact, since [HASHTAG]#bulbagarden[/HASHTAG] will be moving to the irc.pocketmonsters.net server, it will be MUCH easier for me to be on both Pocket Monsters and Bulbagarden at the same time (before this, I had to open a new server window on IRC, just to go on the Bulbagarden channel).

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom