• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cheap victories vs the elite four

Takaki

Dark Soul
Reaction score
Has anybody ever used an underlevelled/ rubbish pokemon against the elite four?

I've seen people use the level 1 swagnemite before and I've ran baton pass successfully with both Magikarp and Natu.

Last edited:
Re: Swag victories vs the elite four

Swag, really?

I've used things like Stunfisk and co but never level one Aron or FEAR or anything.

"Swag". Are you serious? Don't, please. Just don't.

I once used the Elite Four to get my Level 1 Togepi to level 43, but that's about it.

I've used low leveled pokemon before for easy levelups but that was on the original Silver version as I beat the Elite Four 80 or so times lol i never knew about battling Red after beating the Elite 4 and traveling to Kanto

I try not to use underleveled Pokemon, but on my Ruby game one time I used Spinda, Plusle, Azumarill, Linoone, Pelliper, and I think Blaziken for the Elite 4. So basically a collection of some of the most difficult to use Pokemon + Blaziken.

I used lvl 35 or so pokemon on Lance if that counts... :D
And I also made a "before Rustboro only" playthrough using only pokemon caught between Littleroot and Rustboro.

Hahah lvl 25 staravia with focus sash. moves included endeavor and quick attack ahahah

Hahah lvl 25 staravia with focus sash. moves included endeavor and quick attack ahahah

That is genius. I gotta try that sometime.

As for me, in SoulSilver, I had a team of level 20s to 30s pokemon up against the E4...along with a Typhlosion that was level 79

I try not to use underleveled Pokemon, but on my Ruby game one time I used Spinda, Plusle, Azumarill, Linoone, Pelliper, and I think Blaziken for the Elite 4. So basically a collection of some of the most difficult to use Pokemon + Blaziken.
Wow, I've always wanted to try an E4 run with Spinda. Kudos to you.

The best I can offer is the time my Corsola dealt the finishing blow against the HGSS E4. Though most of my team were middling or moderately good Pokemon.

Oh wait, I had forgotten. I beat LeafGreen with a team made of Pidgeot, Butterfree, Raticate, Fearow, Arbok and Parasect.

P.S: I'm still bugged by this thread's title. I hate the word "swag" so much. People who use it are just idiots. I'm sure the OP is just joking, though.

I had a run once on Red with a team between lvl 30 & 40 but thats about it. I rushed through the game in 12h :D interestingly, it took me only 8h to get all 8 badges, but then I needed some time out to level up a bit :D

In an ingame run of Pokemon firered and leafgreen, I did a Charizard solo run of the Elite Four. Hell Yes!!!!

It isn't a big accomplishment,but I cleaned Unova E4 with only an Accelgor and a Gothitelle. And,of course,the occasional solo-runs with Typhlosion in Crystal.

If it counts, beating the SoulSilver E4 with the shitty team I made on my first run. Half of the team were fire-types, and the other half was severely underlevelled. I don't remember the exact Pokémon I used, but I remember that my Typlosion was ~15 levels ahead of the rest and I had a Togepi.

Oh wait, I had forgotten. I beat LeafGreen with a team made of Pidgeot, Butterfree, Raticate, Fearow, Arbok and Parasect.

P.S: I'm still bugged by this thread's title. I hate the word "swag" so much. People who use it are just idiots. I'm sure the OP is just joking, though.

Whats wrong with swag?

Topic: I used a Raticate in the E4 in HG, if that counts. Its sucker punch was pretty useful.

In Emerald, I defeated Wallace with a lvl 49 Gardevoir. I used calm mind 6 times against his wailord which did pathetic damage after 2 cm. Then I smashed everything with thunderbolt and psychic.

Whats wrong with swag?

Topic: I used a Raticate in the E4 in HG, if that counts. Its sucker punch was pretty useful.

In Emerald, I defeated Wallace with a lvl 49 Gardevoir. I used calm mind 6 times against his wailord which did pathetic damage after 2 cm. Then I smashed everything with thunderbolt and psychic.

It's a word only stupid people like Justin Bieber, his fans and the Jersey Shore cast say.

I've used completely underleveled teams against the E4 on multiple occasions. I've even posted my Emerald and HeartGold challenges (still need to post the HG Champion) to YouTube for anyone interested in seeing.

Whats wrong with swag?

It's a word only stupid people like Justin Bieber, his fans and the Jersey Shore cast say.

The word is synonymous with shofu and his battling prowess in our fandom.

I was kidding in the title, but being annoyed by a word just because of the kind of people who use it is slightly childish to be honest.

Abusing defensive strategies in conjunction with x items can sometimes lead to pretty dramatic finishes.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom