• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Childhood anime

Anpanman & Doraemon were the only ones I remember watching, and they hold a lot of memories to me.
i dont think i've ever met anyone who watched anpanman & doraemon as a child!!
i used to watch things like the hello kitty anime, possibly the animal crossing anime? pokemon, of course! yokai watch and yu gi oh have a special place in my heart.

there's actually a considerable amount of anime i watched when i was a child. i dont even remember them all!

I can't really remember a lot of the shows, anime or otherwise, from my own childhood (and a lot of it was crappy, low budget shows with wooden voice acting and being blatantly educational). I did watch Yu-Gi-Oh for some time around 2004, and recall seeing the Pokémon Advance Generation series on television around that time, but lost interest in 2006 when Kingdom Hearts II came out in Australia. I assumed both shows were merely American cartoons until I was in my late teens.

I only really started to watch anime in the mid-2010s when a friend suggested I should watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Also, my sisters frequently watch anime like Naruto, Attack on Titan, The Promised Neverland, Fullmetal Alchemist, and the occasional undubbed slice of life anime.

1. Pokémon (Indigo League, Johto saga, XYZ, XY/Kalos Quest, Sun and Moon, the first of AG)
2. Yu-Gi-Oh ARC V
3. Yo-Kai Watch (up until Series 3, aka “Usapyon is here”)
4. Glitter Force (and Doki Doki) (don’t judge)
5. Yu-Gi-Oh (the original)
6. Yu-Gi-Oh GX
7. Lucky Star (for a while)

Only one I recall (I was 17 when I started catching Pokémon in 99) was the English Dub of Noozles which aired in the early 90s and on Nick Jr. Don't think I saw it, but they also aired another anime back then The Mysterious Cities of Gold.

The only anime I watched as a child were the Greek dubs of Pokemon OS/AG and Yugioh DM/GX on a free TV channel as weekend morning "cartoons". I did not even know anime is actually a different thing back then.

Like Zexy I grew up watching (not greek) dubs of Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh GX and a bit of the original Digimon series. I also didn't realise anime was different as these shows would be on the same channels as your typical cartoons. There was also Dragonball that I recall loving when I was younger aswell. Typically these shows would just follow cartoons on the channels I watched, I don't think I ever had a full anime channel on TV or anything like that, of my knowledge anyways. I don't recall where or when exactly I watched it but I do have memories of watching Captain Tsubasa aswell, even though that finished before I was born.

Oh man, anime I watched as a kid. Well I watched (or at least I can remember watching):
  • Pokémon
  • Yugioh
  • Yugioh GX
  • Transformers Armada
  • Transformers Energon
  • Transformers Cybertron
  • Hamtaro
  • YuYu Hakusho
  • Duel Masters
  • Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
  • Inuyasha
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • The Big O
  • Shin-chan (the Adult Swim dub)

Probably others too because I'd often stay up later than I should have on weekday nights to watch anime on Adult Swim as a kid and I watched Toonami (and Miguzi, anyone else remember that on Cartoon Network) pretty religiously but those are the anime I definitely remember watching growing up.

Yes somehow despite it being a staple on Toonami, I like never watched anything Dragon Ball? I may have caught an episode or two on occasion but I just never got into it.

Back
Top Bottom