• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Children

ShinyUmbreon1

Reaction score
Hey, I know this is a weird thread to post but living as a single mother with a three year old in the current situation is really difficult
Do any of you guys have children

I don't have any kids. But my girlfriend wants them, so I'm open to having some eventually.
She’s amazing when she isn’t bored and asking to go to the park or see her friends which we can’t do
I just put Pokemon on but you can only watch several episodes for so long again before she gets bored
So I having kids is amazing but trying at times but I couldn’t imagine my life without her

I don't, and frankly I never plan to. I just don't see myself as a father. But kudos to the people that do. You are very brave IMO.

I don't have children but I help raise my little sister because my mother's single too and she needs all the help she can get. I like being around kids but I don't think I'll ever become a parent myself. It's just too much responsibility.

I don't have children, nor do I really want any of my own.

However, I adore children and intend to spoil my nieces and nephews rotten when I meet them. I worked with people and families a lot, and I always ended up popular with families who had kids, giving them stickers, talking to them, the kids memorized my name or had their own nicknames for me... There was a single mother who had a toddler who took to calling me "Let-It-Go" because I would sing "Let It Go" to calm her down just like her mother said she did at home. Another family's young kids called me "Sticker Lady."

I noticed that anytime we had a child scared or lost, they tended to go directly to me; my boss said I had this aura that let them know it was safe and I was the best to talk to. Pretty much all of my superiors commented on how great I was with kids, and if they needed someone to deal with a kid, they'd say "Get TwinklingCupcake in here real quick."

Leaving the bragging aside, yeah, I love kids. Don't have or want any, simply because it's my belief that there's a huge difference between liking kids and having the ability to raise one, and I surely don't have that time or capability. Also I have some issues re: pregnancy, and even as a kid I'd say "If I have a kid, I wanna adopt."

I once wanted to start a family but changed my mind.

I barely have the energy to get through the day.

I worry about them interacting with other people. Other people could mess with them or they could mess with other people.

There's also no guarantee they'll be successful.

While I never really found myself fit to be a parent (and I still do, to be frank); I've occasionally envisioned the idea of having at least one kid.

If it somehow ever happens (which it sure won't kek); I bet 108% percent that the child is an adopted one. I'm an aromantic and I absolutely don't ever want to be in a committed relationship with an other.

Last edited:
Wait... I, am a child...
or at least a teen idk

Ever since I was a wee boy, I thought of children to be something good, but recently, things have changed.
I can't stand kids, even before now. Fat chance I'll even have a Wife, with how ignorant I could possibly be, let alone having a child.
I'm very forgetful. Sometimes I'm scared to think I could forget about even about my own family.
Hard Pass. I'd make a bad parent.

Last edited:
I am very unsure if I want them. I like kids sometimes but to be honest, I like love animals a lot more.

I never wanted kids growing up, but now that I have kids, I could never live without them. They’re my whole life. My wife wanted five kids when we first got married (she’s from a traditional culture so that was considered a small number), but we’ve settled for two and wonder how people manage more. Like, for people with five kids, do they ever mix the names up?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom