• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Chloe as a Main Character

ehh123

Reaction score
As some fans have noticed, Chloe has gotten more attention in the past two episodes and the upcoming one as well. This has led to speculation that she may join Ash and Goh on their journies in the future.

Let's say that this is indeed the case, even if she doesn't join Ash and Goh every single time. What do you think Chloe can contribute in terms of the group dynamic? One thing I can imagine is her breaking up Ash and Goh's arguments.

Even if she starts liking Pokémon more and more, I don’t think her personality will fundamentally change and she will still retain some her more aloof traits which will allow her to contrast with Ash and Go’s excitability. She’d kind of be like a straight-man to their loud and comedic antics.

Hence my argument breaker comment. "Will you two stop bickering already?"

Also, if she is added, giving some much-needed female representation, it won't change how unique the traveling group already is, not counting Sun and Moon's school angle. No Gym Leaders for one thing. While Ash is the most experienced, I don't really see him being a mentor to the two like he kind of was to May. They would more or less be on equal footing.

Even if she starts liking Pokémon more and more, I don’t think her personality will fundamentally change and she will still retain some her more aloof traits which will allow her to contrast with Ash and Go’s excitability. She’d kind of be like a straight-man to their loud and comedic antics.
I'd be cool with that.

That sounds perfect :bulbaLove:

Satoshi and Go are actually pretty watchable as they are but having Koharu as well would be (y) If written as it should, it would be the most interesting group dynamic since OS.

Agree! I really like Ash and Go, they're so much like brothers, and I think Koharu's calm and realistic approach to life would be a good contrast as a main character alongside them. Can't see it happening, personally, but it's a nice thought nonetheless. :bulbaLove:

I see Koharu is supposed to be the girl character for this season, but TPC just wants her on the sidelines for now... Maybe because the 2 "hotblooded shonen" males and one "reasonable, level-headed" female may get old pretty fast. But we'll see more of flower girl soon. Maybe.

I see Koharu is supposed to be the girl character for this season, but TPC just wants her on the sidelines for now... Maybe because the 2 "hotblooded shonen" males and one "reasonable, level-headed" female may get old pretty fast. But we'll see more of flower girl soon. Maybe.
One could hope that that’s not their thought process as that kinda rings a bit sexist especially if they feel that the reasonable, level-headed one drags the other 2 down rather then balancing things out. If anything, having too many of the same style personality gets boring fast due to it’s extremely limiting when it comes to the characters bouncing off of one another.

The latest episode showed there's some hope for her yet...

At the very least, she could be a companion without being a trainer and keep the boys straight while helping them out. She could be like Max or RotomDex, but actually DO something besides standing around giving info.

Last edited:
Well, it certainly seems like Chloe is a main character now. The new opening treats her as such.

So when will Bulbapedia recognize it? Only when a certain number of episodes can confirm it? For those who do run the wiki, what is the criteria?

Well, it certainly seems like Chloe is a main character now. The new opening treats her as such.

So when will Bulbapedia recognize it? Only when a certain number of episodes can confirm it? For those who do run the wiki, what is the criteria?
I'm wondering this too. She has quite a lot of outfits and would make a not-insignificant addition to the Clothing in the Anime page if she met main character criteria and was added.

They haven't said either way. The show's heavy promotion of this being a "Double Protagonist" show kinda make it hard to decide. The most recent ep didn't even add her to the intro, though it'll probably be updated next ep thanks to Dracovish.

She's probably gonna be a main character. Would like to see her as one. Dunno why she was not a main character from the start. She will probably be one when she catches Ponyta

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom