• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

CHONK or SMOL?

CharizardFan7

Though I'm also a Blaziken fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I'll be honest, aside from joking about its name, I'm not really crazy about Lechonk. I'll wait and see if it gets a good evolution or not, but until that happens, probably a no for me. That goes for Smoliv, too. It's just kind of a different Budew or Petilil, not too interesting to me, at least for now. The added Normal type is kinda cool, I guess. Sets it apart from the myriad of Grass/Poisons and pure Grasses. Again, I'll wait for a potential evolution, if any. (Kinda weird though, how both of their names incorporate somewhat recent slang/meme lingo.)

SeanWheeler

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him/His
They are both Normal types, but Smoliv is also a Grass type. If we want type diversity, Smoliv would be the better pick. Especially when I need to counter my Fuecoco's weakness to Water.

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
Smol looks a bit bland to me but I will probably pick it anyways since I feel like it's evos will go down the Roserade route

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
Smoliv all the way. I do like Lechonk, I mean it's hard not to with that name. Smoliv has it all though. It has a cute name and a cute design. Plus I've always loved the Pokemon whose designs or personalities just scream anxiety. Sobble, Whismur, Azurill, they're all great. Smoliv fits right in.

dashing_stunning

A relic of the glorious age
Reaction score
Too cutesy, both. It is Pokemon not Kawaii Mon. If you want Kawaii, make another game about Kawaii monsters. Give me scary stuff like Grimmsnarl. Galar did it right

Daren

Unsung Hero
Reaction score
Smoliv might have some sort of flower evo but I don't imagine Lechonk turning into much other than an even fatter pig or a ganon cosplayer, so smol.

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
Too cutesy, both. It is Pokemon not Kawaii Mon. If you want Kawaii, make another game about Kawaii monsters. Give me scary stuff like Grimmsnarl. Galar did it right
They always show the cutesy Pokemon first

Their Evolutions will likely be much less cutesy

CharizardFan7

Though I'm also a Blaziken fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Smol looks a bit bland to me but I will probably pick it anyways since I feel like it's evos will go down the Roserade route
If it does, then I might express interest in getting it, since I think Roserade is one of the best Grass types.

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
That’s easy: Lechonk! And it’s not the name, but rather the fact that it’s fat is actually pure muscle. Hopefully the evolution somehow builds upon the flavor text.

Chilon

Sorry Skarmory!!!:(
Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
Lechonk i hope he gers a ground evolution

LunalaLitten

Just another moon incarnate with a computer
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/they
I like Smoliv. Smoliv is just a 'lil guy who goes AAAA and is very stressed, just like me.

Top Bottom