• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Choose....wisely

Logically, if I had $100,000 and the room was empty and no one knew about it (but whoever sold it to me), couldn't I buy the room? And by logic, if I bought the room, I would be able to do what I wanted with it? So, you know, I could leave. But if none of this was possible, I'd take the money. The other room makes me think of being locked in an insane asylum. You'd create your own universe in your own mind, playing with Helioptile and Mew that didn't really exist, and be locked inside of your brain forever. I would be essentially dead, never to see my family...my friends...my pets...ever again except in my mind. Basically, the money room either way. It's a Barnum and Bailey world...just as phony as can be...but it wouldn't be make-believe if you believe in me!

Last edited:
I don't want to be lonely, and I couldn't live a lie. I'd take the money.

I dunno, the imagination room would let me go to equestria, but I would be lonely...
The money.

My first reaction would be to question the intensions of the person offering this choice. After they obtain my trust in some way or another I would chose the second door in an instant

I take the money. I can't go to the imagination room, because I would be completely lonely. I don't care if I can imagine people, I know they aren't real. And I do care for real people as well, I can't leave them behind because of my selfhood.

Probably the money. I do like the idea of the other room but I wouldn't want to never be able to leave, or see my friends again.

The "you can't take anybody with you" clause is what kills it for me. Even if I could make copies, those copies would be based on my perception of my friends' personalities, and not their actual personalities. As fun as it would be, it'd get pretty lonely pretty fast. If I could take my friends, I'd take all my best friends, run into that door, and live in the Pokemon world for sure. xD

But no friends? No thanks, I'll just take that nice $100,000 and pay off my student loans... and buy a PS4. xD

I'm leaning towards the second door. The only worry I have is that it might eventually feel empty since its creations would be, in a way, disingenuous since they were that of my own imagination. Still, I could always imagine those worries away...right? The money wouldn't be a bad deal either, really.

I'd probably go for the second door. I like using imagination type rooms, where I could turn it into whatever I imagine or dream it could be.

I actually use my own imagination in my RL room turning it into its own world just for fun and pretend, but that's a whole 'nother story. ;-)

I'd take the money and then buy the imagination room. Then make my own rules. System=Broke

The money door. If I chose the first, with my imagination, I would end up ripping a hole in the universe, possibly causing the destruction of the universe in the process, and would end up creating universe after universe as I continued to ascend to ever-higher levels of power and eventually became something for which humanity has no concept.

I'm really, really tempted to choose the imagination room. I've always wanted to create and live in an imaginary world like that. But, then again, I've also always wanted to live there with my friends, and this system rather irritatingly seems not to allow that. Unless living in that world would allow me to manipulate its rules, and therefore create new doors to then allow others of my choice to enter my world, and later find their way to me. Which may be theoretically possible, since I'm not really bringing them with me, I'm giving them their own doors of opportunity, which I may or may not be allowed to do. But otherwise...

I think the money would be nice. It would sort out a lot of my personal worries and concerns about life, and stuff, but then, would it really make me happy? Money cannot buy happiness, even if it can buy things which in turn make you happy. I'm not fond of this world, or my place in it. I may become rich, and I may become secure, but I doubt I'd be happy. There's so much I wish for that money can't buy. I'm just trapped by my personal limitations - things which could easily not apply in the other door. But the issue of not taking friends still applies...

Argh, dammit! I don't know! On the one hand, the advantages of the imagination room far outweigh anything I could get with money. Then again, it's held back by the rules of not taking friends. Money has no real value. It only is worth what people believe it to be worth. A banknote is just a scrap of paper, and its only value comes from its purpose - to trade the banknote for a certain value worth of 'things'. But it only works for material possessions. One cannot buy happiness, but one can imagine it. Then again, imagined happiness is still restricted. It's nice to have a dream, but reality is harsh.

Oh, I give in. Absolis, I must give you my congratulations, as this is a most vexing problem. And I just don't know.

The first door!

For me...reality is precious. There are a lot of people that are close to me, and I wouldn't want to just leave all of that by jumping into the second door. I personally love living in my imagination and I do it frequently, but it's really not worth giving up reality for. I'd rather take the money and fulfill the goals that I've really set out for, and accomplish and live out my dreams rather than go beyond that and jump right into the farthest reaches of my imagination. It just seems too risky and, although the possibilities are limitless, isn't something I can truly be happy with unless I can share that happiness with others.

Easy choice for me, the first door.

I choose reality and money, sure in the imagination room you could fulfill your every wish and desire but everything in there and all the people you could create there with you would not be real. As real as the reality you create may seem, you would always know its not real and you would forever be alone, separated from your real friends and family and all the other things in reality you ever cared about. Also if you could instantly have everything you ever desired or wished for in a seemingly perfect world there would be nothing left to do or strive for in that world, facing and overcoming obstacles and difficulties in our lives helps define the people we become and working to improve ourselves and achieving our dreams gives us all something to live for or to live up to in reality.

The real world may not be perfect but it has its benefits such as real friends, family and working to achieve our dreams, and a load of money would really help someway to achieve those goals or dreams.

If you could leave the room, I'd pick the room. Would be nice for vacations. But being stuck in what's essentially a perpetual delusion would be too horrible for me, so it's the money. I'd probably pick whatever was not the eternal holodeck, regardless of value.

The imagination room is too tempting not to take it. Just re create all your mates or something and you can make 100000 easy!, sides, money will run out and when it's converted to £, it would be significantly less. (61k...)

I could see the imagination place getting lonely/boring I guess, would be down to your imagination I suppose and none of the 'friends' in there would be real and you'd want the real thing. Tough choice. Maybe if the money was a higher amount.

Of course, it's possible we could already be living inside an artificial simulation of sorts, similar to the imagination room. We can't manipulate it in the same way, true, but it could still be the case in one way or another. Which is interesting. Hopefully.

I'd definitely pick the money. The imagination room would be basically a nightmare, it's like being trapped inside your own mind and knowing that nothing that you experience is actually real. And imagination is actually a rather big limitation, it wouldn't include any kind of unpredictability and discovery of new things. Reality is greater than anyone's imagination, there are things in the universe that no one has ever imagined.

Last edited:
I would like the Imagination room. you see, I write a lot of stories and fan fiction. and i always like to put myself as the main character in them all. I think it would be cool to live the same life as the character I write about. I also watch anime (a lot. I mean, MAJOR Otaku). and I'm not very picky with genres, but I know I love a certain series if I can imagine myself as another character in the series.

This is hard. I could literally make anything I wanted in this room. However, I would be limited to my own mind. I might not be able to recreate things I wanted from the real world perfectly. I could make some bizarro world if I wanted, but...eh. Also could I survive? Would making food with my imagination sustain my body? If it couldn't, I'd take the money. If it could...well I still don't know. I could make my life better than it would be in reality, but would it be worth it to cut myself off from the real world forever? Yeah I can't answer that.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom