• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Choosing which cards to collect

Yaron

Reaction score
I started collecting Pokémon cards at the end of the '90s, mostly focusing on English ones, but also some Japanese ones (Gym Challenge boosters and some promo cards that came with other Japanese merchandise). Somewhere around 2000 I lost interest, and the only thing I have left from that time is the Japanese collection.
I recently got an itch to start collecting again, but I'm only really interested in stuff up to the e-Reader era. I'm not going to get anything close to complete with the limited amount of money I'm willing to put into this hobby, so I'm trying to come up with a way to prioritise cards for purchasing.
Do you have some kind of system for these things? How do you choose which promo cards to pursue, for example?

I collect any cards I find cosmetically pleasing, as well as promo cards or cards that are unique.

Examples from my collection:
Pikachu Libre
Kanto Ash Pikachu
Pichu Bros
Mewtwo Pokemon Rumble

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom