• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meyneth

Storm
Reaction score
Once upon a time, the greats used to live in the same realm as us, to say that these legends that they used to be able to have a real affect on people. That they could give life to a field or Raze a village with fire. They say that those that are chosen are given the gifts of theses beasts. That they may carry out their will, for better or for worst. But that was in the days of fairy tales.

Hello and welcome to Chosen a Pokemon Themed RP! In this RP you have been chosen and are given the ability to link to a certain legendary pokemon, and gain skills based on this. This will be set in modern Pokeworld, the region of our beginning will be voted on you, in your sign up.

All BMGf rules
No Godmodding
Be nice to fellow RPers
I'm the GM you know how this goes

Name:
Appearance:
Legendary:(no Box legendary pls ex Dialga)
Powers:(ex if you were chosen by Shaymin then you might be able to shoot seeds and have then grow right then, go wild! But try not to be too op)
Weapon(ex if chosen by Shaymin then it could be a Rapier with a Gracidea on the hilt, once again go wild!)
Personality:(can be PM'd)
Why were they chosen:(what drew the legendary to them? also be PM'd)
Backstory:(if you want this to be a surprise then PM it to me!)

Accepted:

Reserved:

Lemme know if anything needs fixing!

Name: Kei Hana

Appearance: A lean male who stands at 5' 7", with pale skin, an undercut, and messy, short black hair on top that is dyed crimson at the tips. His eyes are a dark slate color, and he typically dresses in casual fashion (even if he seems to be a bit of a goth at times). His usual style is a dark tee, with rolled up, unbuttoned flannel, and ripped jeans. He also sports a corner lip piercing.

Legendary: Darkrai

Powers: He can create a certain substance that seems to be made of the same essence that constitutes attacks like Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse. He can accidentally get sucked into people's dreams (involuntarily), and consequently give people bad dreams by being inside their heads (also involuntarily). Lastly, he can remove bad dreams from a person's head; however this requires Kei to be present in the dream, and is quite taxing (mentally and physically), so he makes an effort to avoid using it.

Weapon: Black, large claw-like gauntlets that encompass the entirety of the forearm.

Personality: Kei tends to be pretty apathetic and blunt as a person, first and foremost. He's also quite the pessimist at heart, and sometimes thinks the worst of people because of it. Though witty and smart, he does have a tendency to loneliness, and will hide behind sarcastic quips to dodge confrontations regarding it. He accepts his fate as a wallflower, however, and plays the part well.

Why they were chosen: Kei himself doesn't really know. It's more likely than not that he was chosen because of his brooding personality and proneness to isolating himself. Darkrai is bound to know what that feels like, after all, even if it sometimes seems like it was out of mockery and not empathy. Kei saved Darkrai from a close encounter with a handful of criminals that wanted to raid the island, and they have been reluctant acquaintances ever since.

Backstory: Nothing short of tragic. Kei mainly grew up as an orphan his entire life, earning his living through an abundance of odd jobs and whatnot. However, he became resigned to the fact that he did not have a stable life whatsoever and would likely always remain in the underbelly of society (as a minor, no less), so he planned for a more quiet life spent entirely in nature. He ended up on an obscure island off the coast of Alola, where he eventually met Darkrai. It wasn't long before he was chosen by the Legendary Pokemon. After the fiasco with Darkrai and the criminals had been taken care of, he found himself waking up very far from the island, on the coast of Sunyshore City in Sinnoh.

Last edited:
I'm willing to give this a go. This is really rushed, so I know I"ll need to fix things when I get back (I have to run out), and I'll get to fixing them as soon as I can. Just let me know what needs fixed. :)

Name: Luna Hunter

Appearance: She stands at around 5'3", and has an average build. She has black, curled hair that goes to the middle of her back, pale skin, her left eye is blue while her right is green (due to inheriting heterochromia on her father's side of the family). She doesn't have a particular fashion style, and wears what she thinks is cute and comfortable. Her outfits change daily, but her favorite one is a black tanktop with a white silhouette of an Espeon on it, denim shorts, black tennis shoes, and a red, long sleeved cardigan (though the sleeves are pulled up).

Legendary: Raikou

Powers: Being able to release thunderbolts from her hands is her main skill. When using her powers, her eyes turn a light purple. Passive skills is being able to sense when a thunderstorm is nearby, but when it happens, a purple storm cloud follows her until the storms pass. She also is more agile and faster than she used to be (by no means though is she ridiculously fast).

Weapons: Claws that can be electrified (wears them like gloves).

Personality: Luna is usually a shy, quiet girl when you first meet her. She won't initiate conversation, but will talk if someone comes up to her. She usually enjoys the quiet solitude of surfing the net, researching whatever appeals to her. Most of the time, it's finding recipes, phenomenons of the weather, or any kind of lore and myths. When she isn't being a closed-in hermit, she enjoys going outside and tending to her herb garden. She loves cooking, and loves making others happy once she opens up to them. Her family and friends are the most important to her. She can also be very stubborn once her mind is set on something.

Why she was chosen: She chose to help Raikou in a time of need. It was caught in a trap outside of Eterna Forest, and while Luna was there researching some lore about the abandoned mansion, she heard it's cry. Even though she was terrified at first, she knew she had to set the beast free. In return, Raikou acknowledged her as a 'worthy human' and chose her before returning to roam the region. (I'm basing this based on the fact Raikou is very distrustful of humans and will befriend one if it helps it)

Backstory: She was born in Pastoria City in late winter, and moved to Eterna City after her parents divorced when she was six years old. She lived a relatively normal life...as normal as she could until her later years, and when Raikou chose her. She spent her school years being home schooled due to being bullied because of her heterochromia. She also wasn't really that social either, but she did her best to be a person her father could be proud of. She never stayed in contact with her mother, and it was for the best.

Sounds interesting. Count me in. I'll just need time and a computer to flesh out the personality, why chosen, and backstory (I will PM a bit of the backstory that I'd like to keep secret). The backstory given here is complete.

Name: Michael
Appearance: about six feet tall, athletic build with visibly defined arm muscles, brown eyes, medium-short brown hair; wears jeans, black traveling boots, a red T-shirt, and a blue hooded longcoat with the hood constantly up to hide his face
Legendary: Cobalion
Powers: has the strength, speed, stamina, and endurance of Cobalion, and can channel the power of Cobalion's moves through his sword
Weapon: a one-handed sword, the hilt and guard the color of Cobalion's head, the edges of the blade resembling Cobalion's horns, and the rest of the blade is black; it is kept in a blue sheath strapped across his back over his left shoulder
Personality: will be PMed
Why were they chosen: fought a group to protect and rescue Cobalion
Backstory: Not much is known from before he was chosen by Cobalion. Most people assume he appeared one day when a militant group was destroying Pokémon habitats and hunting the displaced Pokémon. His swift dispatching of the group earned him the praise of a hero, and his quick disappearance and other sightings across the region performing various heroic deeds for both humans and Pokémon made him a local legend. His mysterious nature, his attire, and his expert displays of swordsmanship brought about a title that echoes on the wind: the Cobalt Swordsman.

I found this one interesting so I decided to sign up. I was originally going to choose Suicune but then I remembered, it was technically a box legendary. Tell me if anything needs changing.

Name: Nanette "Nadia" Diamante.

Appearance: Nadia stands around 5'6, with just a slightly average build, also having a large burn mark that covers most of her left shoulder area. Ginger-Blondish hair that is nearly above the middle of her back. Silver eyes that sometimes shine when in the right light. Nadia is usually seen wearing a black-leather jacket over a tank-top along with the same color of leather pants, in the warmer months she just wears a t-shirt and whatever pants that match. In winter she dresses in her usually wear, just swap with a long-sleeve shirt and a winter-hoodie. She is not a fan of girlish clothing like dresses and skirts.

Personality: Nadia as a no-nonsense attitude, and has little sense of humor. Laughing rarely unless she finds a joke really funny. She is very reserved, only letting in the people she feels she could trust her life with. Despite this, Nadia is a very kind and caring person, willing to help anyone she thinks deserves it the most. She often spends her time researching, thinking and writing to become a sorta Pokemon Professor. Leading her to have less of a social life then most, since she spends more time researching and jumping around Sinnoh a bunch.

Backstory: Growing up in Hearthome City, Nadia had a steady life. Well, until she was sixteen and her family's house burn down with her inside, causing her burn marks. While recovering in the hospital, she discover she enjoy studying the various myths of Pokemon and various other aspects of them from books in the hospital leading to her developing her goal of becoming a Pokemon-researcher. But not everything was okay after her recovery; after she got out her parents accused her for the fire with no evidence of her doing it, and almost to leading to getting the police involve multiple times due to the fights they have. After two months, she couldn't deal with it anymore and left home to Eterna City living there on her own; she hasn't seen or spoke with her parents in five years.

Legendary: Uxie.
Why they were Chosen: On a research trip to Lake Acuity, Nadia found some remnants of Team Galactic trying to capture Uxie. Fending them off best she could, they were stopped and turn into the authorities. But this didn't make Uxie choose Nadia. During her stay in Snowpoint and her research on Lake Acuity and the Temple, she always felt like she was being watch by something but nothing was there; of course, it was Uxie, studying her. On Nadia's last day in the north, she visited the Acuity Cavern; it was finally then Uxie revealed itself and chose her, granting her powers. Nadia never learned why she was truly chosen; was it a thank you gift for saving it? Or did Uxie find Nadia interesting? Regardless, Nadia saw Uxie after that day has a friend, and began researching the Chosen.

Powers: Nadia has immense psychic abilities, but hers is not on the same levels of Uxie's. Her psychic abilities attribute to levitation and teleportation; she can move objects and people with her mind, as well as teleport between short distances. It is unknown if she could teleport farther, or her powers haven't be fully developed yet. She cannot mind read, common mistake people think when they hear psychic. Her memory has expanded to be very more clear than even Photographic and Eidetic memories, she could even delete memories if she should choose, but they are still there. She can also think slightly faster than regular humans, usually she can think a entire paragraph in under one minute.

Weapon: A dagger bearing the gem and twin tails of Uxie.

Last edited:
Just a friendly note that anything in regards to the sign ups should be up to the GM and that they will handle any issues at hand. :)

Is it OK if I join this?
Name: Bentley

Appearance: Very pale. His black hair covers most of his face. He wears glasses and has black eyes. He also wears a black hoodie that has been scratched and torn up. Under that, a grey shirt, black gloves, black and grey shorts,and black shoes. All of them have small tears in them. Bentley ripped up the clothes himself. He is about 4’1.

Legendary: Marshadow

Powers: An ability to physically become his own shadow. This power allows him to be such an effective criminal.

Weapon: If he needs to fight, he will use martial arts.
Personality: Bentley doesn’t open up to many people, but for the ones he does open up to, he is very friendly and likable. He also feels like he has a need to steal things in order to live. He is deathly afraid of police because he is a wanted criminal.

Why were they chosen: All of Bentley’s life, he had to be able to steal to live at all. Money, food, water, you name it. Something about him just seemed so familiar to Marshadow. He is one of the only people that has seen Marshadow. Bentley treats the Gloomdweller Pokemon as a brother and guardian.

Backstory: Bentley was unwanted and tossed to the streets at a young age. A group of thieves and ruffians decided to train him, and as he grew in skill he proved to be useful. Once he was chosen by Marshadow he only became even stronger, performing several large heists without much difficulty. Even when he is caught it isn’t hard for him to get out of jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom