• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Chosoku Sentai Driveman *Me and Kamen Devil Ranger!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillawolf

PMD Hero
Reaction score
Eons ago, the continent of Mu was a great empire, advanced in the mystic arts and genetic technology. However, fate conspired against the continent and a massive cataclysm plunged it deep beneath the ocean’s depths.

While modern man thinks them a myth, or at the very least a long dead civilization, the Mu survived thanks to their genetic technology allowing them to modify themselves to live underwater. But centuries later, the royal bloodline of Mu became more and more bitter, watching the human civilization prosper in the light while his species were doomed to remain in the darkest depths of the ocean. The newest Emperor, Nigami, finally snaps. He begins mutating soldiers into Oroshini, genetically altered monsters, along with Mu Heishi, mindless magically animated stone soldiers.

Thankfully, the Chancellor of Mu, who had always been loyal to the people of Mu instead of it’s Emperor, cannot stand the horrible acts committed by Emperor Nigami and betrays Mu, coming to Japan and creating a series of suits combining human technology and Mu bioscience, as well as weapons and mecha combining human technology and Mu magic. Selecting five humans, he gives them the ability to become the Chosoku Sentai! Driveman!

Names: Daisuke Takashi
Ranger Position: Red Ranger
Theme: Helicopter
Personality: Strong willed, protective of those he cares about, can be stern if need be but can also be supportive. He’s a natural leader, but can make mistakes due to inexperience. Can be hard on himself.
History: A military soldier chosen to be the Red Driver due to leading JSDF helicopters with a great deal of success. He lost his brother in one of those events and still can’t forgive himself for it.
Color: Red
Powers and Weapons: He has the Rotor Sabers, a pair of sabers based off helicopter rotors. He can combine them to spin and blow away enemies as a wind attack.
Hover Power: He’s able to hover above the ground and move faster as a result to avoid attacks
Mecha: HeliDriver
Special Move: Rotor Strike: Holds out his blades and spins at high speeds to slash through the opponent.

Names: Hitomi Hikari
Theme: 16 wheeler truck
Personality: Hitomi isn’t girly in the least. She’s a tough action girl and tomboy who never backs down from a challenge. She’s strong willed and will never back down. However, she can be a bit stubborn…
History: A truck driver whose been driving most of her adult life. She’s never backed down from a challenge and during past Sentai monster crisis, she’s worked hard hauling supplies to victims in the aftermath. Because of this, she was chosen to become Yellow Driver.
Color: Yellow
Powers and Weapons: Rig Smashers: A pair of wheel-like flails on long chains which she can use to smash and batter opponents.
Super strength: Her suit emphasizes her strength and increases it even higher than the others.
Mecha: SemiDriver
Special Move: Semi Crunch: Spins around the energized Rig Smashers and then smashes them together on the opponent from opposite sides.

Names: Akari Haya
Theme: Formula Race Car.
Personality: Technical, intelligent, she is good with calculations and the like, thus making her the team brain. She can be rather cold and shy at first, but is sweet if she warms up to you.
History: A race car driver, despite her young age, she’s a champion at her sport. This, combine with her ability to handle high speed machinery, made her a logical choice for the Pink Driver
Color: Pink
Powers and Weapons: Formula Ax: An ax based off the front of a Formula Race Car. It attaches over her hand for better control.
Super Speed: Is able to run at high speeds for short bursts
Mecha: FormulaDriver
Special Move: Sonic Slash: Speeds at the target at high speeds and slashes through the monster.

I’m also Emperor Nigami.

Name: Yuusuke Hayase
Theme: Bullet train
Personality: He has a no-nonsense state of mind, refusing to hear bad excuses or whining. He can be stubborn and unbending, but deep down, he's a softie.
History: A welder and blueprint maker, he's a well-recommended train designer, having spent much of his life around Japan's railways. He's always on the monster relief team, getting supplies by train to relief distributors. This work also got him to meet future Yellow Driver Hitomi. He was elected as the Blue Driver due to his contribution as a humanitarian and his work with trains.
Color: Blue
Powers and Weapons:
Liner Rod - a weapon in the shape of a classic subway train.
All-Traction Charge - Once in a run, he can run on any surface without any trouble, from ice, water, to across chasms, though the latter puts a strain on him
Mecha: TrainDriver
Special Move: Rail Break - a powerful strike with the Liner Rod.

Name: Shou Inou
Theme: F-16 Raptor
Personality: He's irresponsible, rash, and always one to go first into battle. In other words, a normal jet pilot. He is also brash and one to fire his mouth. He often judges by first appearances, so often times, one would find his foot in his mouth.
History: Shou loved the air and loved planes, mainly because his father and uncle were pilots. During a aerial attack made by one of the foes of Sentai past, Shou's father and his fellow wingmates were gunned down and for a time came to fear the air until his uncle put him through shock rehab. He was selected as Black Driver due to his cadaver approach to a dogfight while in a fighter jet.
Color: Black
Powers and Weapons:
Jet Burner - a gun in the shape of a backwards-facing jet with oversized engine exhausts that shoots flames and energy from them.
Flight - Is able to take to the air as long as he wills it.
Mecha: JetDriver
Special Move: Sonic Blast - Fires a powerful blast of sound at the foe.

Than I'll be Mu Chancellor.

Last edited:
OOC: Ok, how shall we start? I'm thinking with our characters just going about their lives, then being recruited to become Driveman.

((Sure.))

Yuusuke was currently designing a train that would not need to use gasoline, but rather super-batteries that can be rechargeable. It was out of a commission in the effort of the world to "go green", not to mention he had never had done a train with batteries as the sole power source of a train, so it would be a personal challenge to him.

Shou was flying across Japan, making sure to stay out of commercial planes' flight plans. His job right now is to inspect Japanese air space to make sure no highly-visible threat is coming in or out of Japan.

Daisuke flew over the sea on recon, like Shou was. Suddenly, he saw a bright light under the sea, glowing blue and water pulsing to the surface in a cascade. "What's that?" he asked, confused. He then realized he was running dangerously low on fuel and headed back to base.

---------------------------

Daisuke landed outside a JSDF base, his helicopter being refueled. His general marched up to him and he saluted him. "Sure, I saw a strange light in the ocean at sea, I don't know what it was..."

"I was afraid of that," said the general with a sigh. "Go to the location in this folder, you'll be briefed there," he said, handing it to him. It was labled "For Your Eyes Only".

Daisuke openned the folder. "Project Driveman?" he asked, looking over the information. He then bowed. "Yes sir!" he said, heading to his refueled Helicopter and taking off for the coordinates.

-----------------------

Hitomi was heading down the road towards Tokyo, having already dropped off her load and was heading back towards base for her next one. Her radio came to life. "This is Hitomi, what is it boss?"

"Hitomi, I just got an important call from some general," said the boss. "He said he needs you to head towards some military base, I'll email you directions. He said it's really important."

Hitomi nodded slowly. "Alright boss, will do. Hitomi out," she said, recieving the directions. "Alright, military, must be important," she said, swinging her big rig around and changing direction.

----------------------

Akari swung around the race track rapidly, directly behind the leader. She followed closely behind, adriniline pumping. She quickly swung the wheel around, swinging around the leader to the first place just before the finish line, crossing in first place.

"And the winner, Akari Haya!" announced the race announcer.

Akari was soon on a podium, accepting her first place trophy. Afterwards, she headed into the back, a man in black clothes meeting her. He then handed her a folder. "This is for your eyes only," he said. "This is a matter of world security and of the upmost importance."

Akari looked down at the folder, openning it. "Driveman..." she stated, closing it slowly and heading towards her car.

Yuusuke heard his phone rang nearby, sighing as he answered it. "Hayase Trains, Co." He droned out, hoping it wasn't telemarketers. As he listened, he realized that it thankfully wasn't telemarketers. "Yes, sir." He said, hanging up, taking out his suitcase and taking his designs into the suitcase, his supplies, and a picture of him and his dad when he was 5, then pocketed it and ran out the door.

"{Inou, you are ordered by the general to land your ship and rendezvous with him.}" His radio dispatcher spoke. While Shou had a bit of a rebellious streak and a bigger curious streak, he wasn't one to go AWOL. "Roger." Shou said, turning his jet around. Once on the ground, he walked to the general. "General, what is it?" He asked, bowing first to him, then came the question.

The general took out a folder and handed it to him. "This is for your eyes only. You're to go to the coordanets written here and you will be briefed on a new threat facing the world. It is a matter of international security."

-------------------------

Daisuke's helicopter slowly landed at the location on the map. He climbed out, looking around the base.

OOC: Since you're their mentor, you can decide what the base looks like.

Also, Mu are amphebious and have gills and blue, scaly skin.

It was a simple-looking yet huge base alongside a sheer cliff, with a massive tarmac one could see. There was one single building, with a sign that said, "Welcome to Ushinawa* Base."

Shou's eyes widen at the importance. "Y-yes, sir!" He said, then bowed and ran for his jet.

Yuusuke, meanwhile, was riding in his truck. Wherever the directions were leading him, it was getting him to the middle of nowhere fast.

((* - Lost))

"Ushinawa Base?" asked Daisuke, looking around slowly and walking forwards. "Never heard of this, must be secret or something..." he said, walking towards the building. He then heard a loud horn sound and turned to see a semi truck come tearing through the distence, rubbling to a stop nearby. Hitomi emerged from the cab and looked around. "She's not military..."

Hitomi slowly walked up to Daisuke. "Hey there, you the one who called me here?" she asked, sizing him up.

"No..." said Daisuke, blinking. "I was just called here myself..." he said, then turned to see a red sports car swing to a stop nearby. "Another civilian?" he whispered, watching Akari emerge from her car. "I thought this was a military base?"

Akari looked over the area, seeing the two others and walking over. "Hello..." she said, shyly. "Akari Haya, do either of you know why I was called here?" she asked, holding her folder.

"No, I was just wondering the same thing," said Hitomi, then reconized the name. "You're Akari? As in the famious forumla race car champ?" she asked, amazed, getting a nod. "I'm a big fan of yours!"

The air was broken when a Mitsubishi F-1 landed on the tarmac. The pilot opened the panel, took off his helmet, and placed it on the seat as he got out. "Am I late?" Shou asked, walking to the group before noticing Akari. "Whoa. You single?" He asked then jumped when a truck horn blared. He turned to see an old truck rolled to a stop, and the driver getting out, taking a briefcase that was cuffed to his wrist. "I wouldn't harrass the women if I were you." Yuusuke said with a flat voice.

"Yeah," said Hitomi. "Harrass me and I might be the one beating you up," she said, then looked around. "Is that it?"

Daisuki nodded. "Yeah, I think the folder I got said there would be five."

Akari nodded. "Same here..."

Daisuki nodded, turning and looking towards the base nearby. "I think that's where we'll need to go," he said. "Not any other buildings for miles pretty much..." he said, starting over, Hitomi and Akari following. Daisuki came to the electric lock on the door and ran a card through it.

"Reconized, Daisuki Takashi," the computer announced, unlocking and sliding aside, letting him in but closing behind him.

Hitomi looked at her email and typed a code into it. "Reconized, Hitomi Hikari," it announced, allowing her passage before closing once more.

Akari ran her keycard through next. "Reconized, Akari Haya," it announced, allowing her through before closing once again.

OOC: I'm imagining something like the area all the Red Rangers met up in Forever Red being the location here for some reason...might just be how it played out.

Once everyone was inside, they felt wet. Yuusuke looked down and noticed that they were ankle deep in water. Shou, wearing combat boots, was the last one to notice that fact. "Nice." Yuusuke groaned out, taking off his soaked shoes and socks, then noticed that the floor was made of sand polished by the sea. Matter of fact, the scent of the water smells like the sea. "Okay, I'm creeped out." Shou said as he walked on.

Akair blinked, doing the same as Yuusuke. "It's like we're in an ocean or something..."

Daisuke nodded, wearing combat boots as well. "This is really strange..." he said, continuing on. "Why would a building be built like this I wonder..."

"Maybe it's some government experement," said Hitomi, looking around. "I do like the sea smell though, reminds me of backhome, I lived next to the ocean."

"Well, thank you for the comparison, Ms. Hikari." Shou jumped and looked around for the sudden voice. Yuusuke looked up and saw a man on the ceiling with fish-like qualities. "Ping-pong! Someone looked up. If nothing is around you, look up or watch your feet. Boo." The man said, and the crew jumped back a bit with a startled gasp.

Daisuke staggered back blinking. "Well...I didn't see that coming..."

Hitomi blinked. "See! I said it was like a government experment or something!"

Akari looked at the folder. "No, he's not," she said, reading. "He's our advisor."

"Advisor?" asked Daisuke, looking up at the fish man.

"Correct, correct. I am Omoi. Pleasure to meet you all. I apologize for the wet feet, but I got to keep myself hydrated. I dry out twice as fast than a human." He said, dropping down from the ceiling and onto the side of the walls, which has a small ledge was wide enough to let one person to walk along. "Follow me." He said to the group and walked away. Yuusuke got onto the ledge and walked. "You could have told us there was a ledge on the sides." He grumbled out. "And where would be the fun in that?" Omoi asked with a chuckle. "I hope he isn't a mad scientist." Shou muttered, getting on the ledge. "I'm not mad; just eccentric." Omoi retorted light-heartily. "Great." Shou sighed out.

Daisuke nodded, following along the ledge with the rest of the group. "I have to ask something of you, sir," he said, following. "I told this is a threat to the entire world, no offense to anyone here, but I noticed that only two of this group is actually military..."

"Hey," said Hitomi. "I'm tough as nails! Don't think your military training makes you better than me!"

"If you'd read your file fully," said Akari, openning it. "It states that I was chosen for my skill with forumla 1 racecars and being able to drive comfortably at extremely high speeds," she explained. "So everyone here was probably chosen for a simular reason."

"I'm one of the greatest fliers in the Air Force!" Shou said proudly, puffing out his chest. "I have a long history with trains." Yuusuke said, hitting Shou in the back with his briefcase. "Ow owowowowow....." Shou muttered, rubbing his back, then turned to Yuusuke. "What was that for?!" He demanded. "One too prideful is blind to his own faults and to the errors in front of him." The oldest one in the group spoke, and seconds later, Shou fell off and landed in the water as he was too focused on Yuusuke to see the turn.

"I've been a big rig driver a long time," said Hitmoni, looking up her file. "It looks like helping out with past Sentai groups is listed as part of the reason..."

"I guess it's my helicopter skill, is that right Omoi?" asked Daisuke.

---------------------

Nigami looked down from his throne. "Now, everything is in place," he stated. "Commander Torai, is our first Oroshini ready for battle?"

A blue humanoid monster stood nearby. His head was dragon-like with red glowing eyes, he had gills on his neck and a finned tail. He had long serrated claws and a fierce look overall. "Yes sir," he said, openning a door to reveal an Anglar Fish-like kaijin wearing blue armor and wielding a trident. "It is ready."

"Good, prepare to deploy it!" said Nigami, sitting back with a smirk on his face.

OOC: Torai is Nigami's second in command, there can be more than one if you want one yourself though.

((I don't think an emperor would allow someone of equal rank to be with him. Of lesser rank, then yes.))

"Exactly. But time is of the essence. Come come come." Omoi said, clapping his hands and walked on. "I hate you." Shou growled to Yuusuke, who chuckled to himself.

Meanwhile, in the labs of the Empire, a female Mu was messing around with the chemicals, depressed. "I hate this life." She said. "Sakusei-sensei, what is it?" Asked a Oroshini, this one based on a Ramona. "Oh, nothing, Naramo." The female said. The Oroshini, the first of his kind, took a seat next to Sakusei. "You're sad again." He said, pointing to her face. "Yeah. I made the concept of the Bio-Droids as a means of defense, not offense." She said, rubbing her brows.

Once everyone was in a debriefing room, Omoi pulled out a ruler. "Right. Let me tell exactly why you are assembled. Chimoku." He called, getting a Mu child no older than 9 to walk out with pictures and handed them to the group. "This is my Emperor, Nigami. He is the ruler of the Mu Dynasty that has been around since ancient times. Like Atlantis before, our city was taken by the sea. Unlike the Atlantians, we had enough time to make enough of our people to become amphibious instead of land-walkers. Despite the speed, we managed to convert as many Mu as we could, though we had out share of casualties. Centuries later, the new Emperor - Nigami - decided that we have stayed underwater far enough and decided to attack the surface. I have been watching plenty of good Emperors turn mad with desire, and Nigami is no different. Only this time, he is serious and has the tech available to do it. Years ago, a scientist by the name of Sakusei had developed the concept of combining animal DNA into robots, and succeeded."

He said, Chimoku handing pictures of a humanoid Ramona-themed kaijin with a lankey build and a nervous posture. "This is the product of Sakusei-Hakase's hardwork. This is Suirikuryōyō Giji Seimeitai* Bio-Droid #0: Naramo. The only gentle Bio-Droid you'll be facing. You have been selected for your traits and to become superhuman. You have been selected to become the next superhuman squadron: Chosoku Sentai Driveman. And I will not be taking no for an answer. Nigami's forces will be making landfall within the hour. It'll be only partial, but it will only be enough." Omoi said, taking out a remote and clicked on a button, opening up a room with capsules. "Quickly, chop chop." Omoi said, clapping his hands, and Chimoku pushed the group into the room then closed the door on them.

((* - Amphibious Psuedo-Lifeforms. Borrowed from Gokaiger .))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom