• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Christmas Contest 2014: Prize Winners, Reflections and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me when I say I hate to be that guy, but… I think I mentioned before that I'm leaving on a family trip this Monday and I would really love it if the prize got to me before then. I'm hoping to play some TCG with my brother in the hotel — with brand new cards and all… I know these are just my circumstances and Archaic has His own, not at all less important, just saying — if You could, I'd appreciate greatly if You could send the prizes (at least mine?) as soon as possible. Genuinely sorry if it comes off as nagging and, really, no problem if You don't make it in time. Getting cards for free is awesome enough, I do realize that much.

But on a side note, yeah, I also would love to see the creative contests' entries. Some Create-A-Mons have been posted on the forums already and they just make the appetite grow that much more.

Hi everyone ! Congrats to the winners ! Where can we find the right answers to the 12 questions trivia contest ?

Hi everyone ! Congrats to the winners ! Where can we find the right answers to the 12 questions trivia contest ?

A lot of the answers can be found on the Day 12 thread or on each of their respective question threads

Well, it's been almost 3 weeks now. I'd like to know how things are doing.

Yeah,I was wondering if anyone has received their prize yet. I've been putting off studying for university exam (which I failed last year) and kept telling myself I'd study after finishing the game... I kinda hope that at least I had heard words about the delivery by now...

Yeah,I was wondering if anyone has received their prize yet. I've been putting off studying for university exam (which I failed last year) and kept telling myself I'd study after finishing the game... I kinda hope that at least I had heard words about the delivery by now...

Hasn't arrived in time for my birthday :(

Hello everyone.

Apologies for the continued delays, both in the sense of updating you, and in the sense of getting these prizes out to you. Really don't have any excuse. The unusually high number of people outside of the usual countries for prize winners certainly has made things trickier, but even so I still should've had all these things sorted by now.

First things first. The Christmas Corner will be closed and archived sometime later this week. When that happens, this thread will be moved to the Garden Grotto, where it'll stay until everyone confirms they've received their prizes.

There are four people who I still appear to have not heard from at all. These are @anilyaris;, @BalladOfAnguish; @Caksyl;, and @Shiny Braviary;. I previously attempted to contact these three via email, and received no reply. However, it's since come to my attention that some people may not be receiving @bulbagarden.net emails, and that they've been going to spamboxes, etc. Because of that, I'm going to send another email to them via my private gmail, which hopefully shouldn't have any such issues. They can receive their prizes in a separate shipment to everyone else, so it doesn't delay the rest of you further.

Everyone else, your orders should be shipped by Amazon this week. I'll be putting in those orders I haven't already after I finish making this post and sending out emails to the three mentioned above. I'll update this post several times over the next few hours to let you know when that's completed, and if there was any problems with someone's address, but there shouldn't be anything at this stage except with those who I've previously discussed issues with via PM.

Issues:
@tushar101; - The alternative prize you requested isn't available from your local Amazon store. I'll be PMing you in just a minute to confirm what you want to do.
@clock; - It seems you never gave me your ZIP code. Could you please send me that ASAP?
@Fudgenuggets; - Not an issue as such, but just a reminder to let us know as soon as the alternative prize you chose is available for pre-order. The release date is still listed as "Spring 2015", so hopefully it won't be long.
Winners whose prizes will be fulfilled by Amazon.com (including winners in Mexio and Brazil) - Amazon is currently limiting order numbers for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire to 3 each per customer (not per shipping address). As we've got 6 OR and 6 AS to send out, that's a problem. I'm making as many orders as possible now. If your name isn't listed below, you're in that second batch. Hopefully I'll be able to just make the remaining orders tomorrow, after these have been shipped out, otherwise we may need to find another retailer for you. Just tried to do it in 2 orders now, and they didn't let it go through.

Confirmed Shipments:
@Laspandrea; - Estimated delivery from Amazon between the 27 Feb. 2015 - 28 Feb. 2015. Our prize partners couldn't find gift options on your local Amazon store, so it might not look at first like it's from us, but it is from us.
@bisharpie; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 27 Feb. 2015
@Kirbs; - Estimated delivery from Amazon between 27 Feb. 2015 - 2 Mar. 2015
@ewormPL; - Estimated delivery from Amazon marketplace merchant is March 4-10. Sadly couldn't get any other merchants which would send your alternate prize to you sooner. The merchant also didn't offer gift options, so as per Laspandrea above, while it might not look at first like it's from us, it is from us.
@sebek5000; - Estimated delivery from Amazon between 27 Feb. 2015 - 28 Feb. 2015
@Mijzelffan; - Estimated delivery from Amazon between 25 Feb. 2015 - 26 Feb. 2015
@Soki; - Estimated delivery from Amazon between 25 Feb. 2015 - 26 Feb. 2015
@Bisharpual; - Estimated delivery from EB Games on 27 Feb. 2015
@unic0rn23; - Estimated delivery from EB Games on 27 Feb. 2015
@wesley; - Estimated delivery from EB Games on 3 Mar. 2015
@fiky_f; - Ordered from Play-Asia. Shipping estimate not yet received, should receive as soon as they ship. Will require signature on delivery.
@XYMaster; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 27 Feb. 2015
@ShinyMegaGengar; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 27 Feb. 2015
@Jatayu09; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 27 Feb. 2015
@Deltah; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 27 Feb. 2015
@Sunfished; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 27 Feb. 2015
@PokePal15; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 27 Feb. 2015
@Electric Blue Eye; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 23 Feb. 2015 (Are you right next to an Amazon distribution hub or something? Oo; )
@cddb3000; - Estimated delivery from Amazon between Mar. 6, 2015 - Mar. 11, 2015
@Pochamo; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 27 Feb. 2015

Last edited:
Thank you for sending the private email! I had not gotten any of the previous emails. I will post my trainer PR video shortly.

Here is my winning video. I spent a lot of time on this for such a short sequence. [video=youtube_share;rgvkwJ8SjY8]http://youtu.be/rgvkwJ8SjY8[/video]

Thank so much for clarifying! My parents were getting suspicious...

Thank you so much! Well,I can't complain about the no estimation thing,but if I were to make my own estimation,I'd say I'll be the last to get it :D Well I expected as much (worse,even). Again,Thank you so much,I really hope all this extra homework you went through doesn't impact the idea of seventh annual contest,which I'll be looking forward to enter :p

Good to see that the prizes weren't already sent out and I just screwed up my address. I suppose all that's left to do is twiddle my thumbs and wait.
I definitely enjoyed the contests though, especially the 12 days of trivia, and will certainly enter this year's contest as well.

Thanks for the update. I'll let you guys know when they become available :D

All the prize winners who hadn't yet contacted me have now contacted me. Yay!

Just cooking dinner now. Will try to send out the 2nd wave after I'm done. Will let you all know how it goes either way.
EDIT: And Amazon has disallowed the order again. Shit. Okay, we can solve this. I'll hopefully update you all again tomorrow with some better news.

Last edited:
@Electric Blue Eye; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 23 Feb. 2015 (Are you right next to an Amazon distribution hub or something? Oo; )

Yea it's just a couple miles out of the way, must've gotten here this morning because when I went to check the mail box there it was! Thanks for my copy of Omega Ruby by the way, never won a contest before so this game will be pretty special to me. Good luck with getting everyone else their prizes! Never heard of a forum do this sort of thing, you guys are great amazing people to do so!

@Rattalyn; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 26 Feb. 2015 (another person next to a distribution hub?)
@JustTheFx; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 3 Mar. 2015
@Nergal; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 3 Mar. 2015
@Caksyl; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 3 Mar. 2015
@Neon Borealis; - Estimated delivery from Amazon between Mar. 11, 2015 - Mar. 16, 2015
@clock; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 3 Mar. 2015
@RazorBayleef4; - Estimated delivery from Amazon between Mar. 5, 2015 - Mar. 12, 2015
@BalladOfAnguish; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 3 Mar. 2015
@Shiny Braviary; - Estimated delivery from Amazon on 3 Mar. 2015

Currently Outstanding:
@tushar101; - As per entry in post above
@Fudgenuggets; - As per entry in post above
@anilyaris; - See PM. Basically a customs issue for you which could hold things up, but we'll be able to ship the prize as soon as you've given us your decision on how you want us to work things there.

I'll be making a new post over the weekend with some reflections on how this whole process has gone. But I will just say quickly now....this is pretty much why I'd told myself a couple of years ago that we'd do contests with bigger prizes, instead of ones with lots of prizes. ^^;;

Last edited:
Just posting to notify you that I got my prize safe and sound, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom