• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kicks Separation Of Church And State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, go Chuck. Seriously, that guy rocks. As a student of Taekwon-do, I honor him.

Way to go.

Unless you're taking some Christianity (or some other religious class that relates to it) class in college, the Bible needs to stay out of schools.

To each his own, but you know, our country does have a strong christian background.

A "strong Christian background" doesn't mean forcing it down the throats of people who practice other religions, and people who don't practice the same "flavor" of Christianity as the someone wishes to teach. We have Christian schools for those who wish to get a Christian-based education, and we have churches of many denominations for people who wish to learn more about religion as well. This being the case, the public school system has no business doing something that most would agree is already being done well by others.

Sheesh, I thought Chuck Norris was cool. I dislke Bible Thumpers. They always come to my house asking for Money to support their corrupt practices and establishments.

A "strong Christian background" doesn't mean forcing it down the throats of people who practice other religions, and people who don't practice the same "flavor" of Christianity as the someone wishes to teach. We have Christian schools for those who wish to get a Christian-based education, and we have churches of many denominations for people who wish to learn more about religion as well. This being the case, the public school system has no business doing something that most would agree is already being done well by others.

QFT. Got it right on.

Pretty much sums it up. I would go further but that would be pushing it. :p

Yeah. Everyone born in Norway are automatically entered in the church, whether they like it or not. So separating the church and the state is needed here for sure.

Separation between church and state, is especially needed in My state.

Wait aren't the states based upon colonies of people who immigrated to flee religious prosecution? So wouldn't teaching one religion basically be corrupting and rotting the foundation beams of said country? Just saying I am neutral on this and all.

And then people wonder how I dare to hate Chuck Norris. This is exactly why. Goddamned close-minded Bible-thumping jerkwad.

I think religion should be taught in schools but not as fact.

Last edited:
...wow all he says is maybe we should teach religion in schools and all of you flip the fuck out. I didn't hear him say that bible study should be a mandatory class but that it should be taught as a course its 98% likely you would have a choice to take it or not.

And what religion, exactly, should be taught in school?

Christianity? Why Christianity, and not all the other religions that are also free to be practiced in the United States? Who gets to decide that one religion gets in and another not? And even among Christianity, which denomination get its version taught? All of them? Are you still supposed to have the time for all the other religions? And their various denominations?

The "Teach Religion" line of thought is basically shorthand for "Teach MY religion", and that violates teh spirit if not the wording of the First Amendment.

Teaching religion in public schools is a hornet's nest of religious fight, sectarism, and constitutionally dubious (and I'm being very generous). It has no place in the United States.

Last edited:
And what religion, exactly, should be taught in school?

Christianity? Why Christianity, and not all the other religions that are also free to be practiced in the United States? Who gets to decide that one religion gets in and another not? And even among Christianity, which denomination get its version taught? All of them? Are you still supposed to have the time for all the other religions? And their various denominations?

The "Teach Religion" line of thought is basically shorthand for "Teach MY religion", and that violates teh spirit if not the wording of the First Amendment.

Teaching religion in public schools is a hornet's nest of religious fight, sectarism, and constitutionally dubious (and I'm being very generous). It has no place in the United States.
Teach all religions or the world's major ones.

Teach all religions or the world's major ones.

Yeah. There was a reason why the subject previously named Christianity, Religion and Ethics is now called Religion and Ethics.

If you really want to study the Bible, go to a Christian school. It's that easy. But this video is seriously fail.

Umm... The US was founded on Christianity? Doesn't the Constitution say all men are created equal regardless of race or beliefs?

this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom