• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Cilan VS Iris!

MarshiyanMisutaa

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Who would win the battle? Which one is your favorite?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Dent VS Iris!

Let's see how they compare (I'm going by the anime here, as I assume that's what you mean):

- Dent's got an Ishizumai that easily defeated a Futachimaru, and a Pansage that defeated a Sawsbuck with attacks that Sawsbuck should have been resistant against.
- Iris has an Axew that can only use Scratch, an unreliable Dragon Rage and couldn't defeat a newborn Pokémon and an Excadrill that never listens to her and I assume wouldn't trouble itself with either of Dent's Pokémon.

It's not a tough choice really.

On the battling side of things? Well...Dent, considering he's an experienced Gym Leader. Compared to Iris, whose pokemon team consists of an almost useless Kibago and a Doryuzu who doesn't listen to her.

But Iris could win in a fist fight. I mean, unless he can eat some of Yanap's brocolli and miraculously gain super strength, I can't help but imagine Dent has fighting skills comparable to Dexter or Spongebob :p

But as far as favourites go, I much prefer Iris. Just wish she'd freaking do something already.

Cilan v Weird looking tree in the background: the thread!

Battles: Cilan
Comedy: Cilan
Unicity: Cilan
Implication in the plot of episodes: Cilan
Storyline and rival: Cilan
Compellingness: Cilan

yeah... I'm gonna say Cilan.

In the games, Iris would win in a battle. Even if we evolve Cilan's Pokémon to their final Stages, Grass isn't as strong against Dragon. The latter also learn Fire attacks, and both Haxorus and Druddigon are really strong. Stoutland might be able to give Cilan a temporary edge, but once it's down, Simisage wouldn't be able to do much.

I don't really care for the Anime, but it seems Cilan would win there, since Iris only has Axew and Excadrill, the latter of which won't obey her. Cilan's Pokémon seem to have better attacks too.

But yeah. I prefer Iris. Little girl, cheerful and funny. Cilan seems fine for the Bishounen archetype, but I will always pick any female archetype over that, "achievements" notwithstanding.

Didn't Iris one-shot Cilan in BW009?, i know it was a Training battle, but it still was a 0HKO, Fair, Pansage lowered its attack power, but not its Defences...

Edit: Don't even tell me it only Does 4O Damage!
Anime Move Logic =/= Game Move Logic

At this stage, definetly Dent. He's funny, got a little bit of evil in there, emits sparkles etc.

I think Iris has the potential to be more entertaining though, if treated right. It will be interesting to see what I think later on into the Best Wishes saga.

Didn't Iris one-shot Cilan in BW009?

No. Yanapp was simply covered in smoke and said its name, surprised at what had just happened.

I prefer Iris, but in terms of character, and battling ability... Dento wins this one.

Lol I voted for both (really just coz I like to ship them together AND they are my favorite two characters in the Pokemon Anime ;-) )

Battle: I think Dento would win...especially after seeing what he can pull off in BW019
Fist fight: Iris. But it wouldn't be fair! D= Dento wouldn't hit a girl!!
(Personality wise I'd Dento because he's optimistic, kind-hearted and sometimes cocky. Though I like Iris's attitude too :) )

Iris. Love her, love her, love her. She's so cute and hilarious, and her personality is the most interesting one the show's introduced in quite a while. I just adore her, so she definitely wins for me.

But I like Cilan a lot, too. :]

I love Iris's character. Everything about her, I like a lot. So I'm going with Iris. Cilan... not so much.

Dent/Cilian. He's a good gym leader and has good pokemon.
Iris only has a kibago with two moves and an
exadrill that won't listen to her.

I think both are great additions to the cast. But I like Cilan more, because he's simply ~*fabulous*~

But Iris could win in a fist fight. I mean, unless he can eat some of Yanap's brocolli and miraculously gain super strength, I can't help but imagine Dent has fighting skills comparable to Dexter or Spongebob :p
Quoted for truth. xD Going by the anime, I agree with the majority that Cilan would win in a Pokémon battle, but this for a physical confrontation between the two.

Iris.

I like Cilian and all that but I think Iris would own him in a battle(from the games not the anime).

Neither. Iris has HUUUGE hair. Dent is just.... I don't want to get into flame wars with Dent's fanboys/girls >:

Yay! I settled a tie! But seriously, Dent. We have never seen Iris battle!

Iris did battle against Ash 2 times.

Its hard to choose since both of them are interesting characters but at the end I choose Iris. She is so fun, wild and exciting to watch.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom