• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CITV - Battle Dimension Episodes 50-52 Review Thread

Thingamajig

Collects stuff
Reaction score
I looked around and didn't see any rules saying that we had to wait until the American Broadcast to open a review thread, so here goes. If you want to avoid spoilers I'd obviously avoid reading on.

Aired on CITV (UK)

4/16
A Shield With A Twist
Jumping Rocket Ship

4/17
Sleepless in Pre-Battle

Haven't seen the 3rd one yet, so I'll just comment of the first two now. The Gym Battle was fantastic, the shield was a great strategy even if it may've been overused a little, the way they Fantina and Ash so openly discussed strategy was also interesting.

Jumping Rocket Ship is easily one of the better fillers we've had. Meowth seemingly interested in Ash's and Dawn's proposal of TV stardom and Croagunk;s escapades were highlights for me.

Anyone watch Sleepless yet?

Wait, what? CITV is airing newer ones? When? xD

I thought they were stuck with the first season of Diamond and Pearl. I've been watching Jetix like a sucker.

Oh well, this has made me very happy indeed!

What's up with Gengar leavatating it's something that hasn't been done before

Ash why were you stupid enough to have Buizel use Sonic Boom he's still as bad as he was when he battled Agatha

What's the deal with the way hypnosis looks in the original I thought it was night shade, also why does Fantina have to be a newb and use hypnosis so commonly

LOL at Fantina's scream hilarious it never got old

Jesse needs to learn that the piont of contest is to show off your pokemon not yourself I wish they could have shown at least one of her battles but I guess more attenchen needs to go to Ash

Wow this episode really lives up to the title

Pikachu's thunderbolt looked weird why didn't Ash just call it Discharge

Counert Counter Sheild!?

Pikachu has had way to many loses on its belt latley

I'm glad to see Chimchar helped win the battle I thought he was pretty pethetic in the Veilstone gym battle

OVerall a pretty normal gym battle episode I liked the use of all the music

Last edited:
Wow this was a nice 2-3 episodes. But damn what the hell is up with Jessies bad scream sing at the contest. Did they have to? Anyway Barry is so jealous of ash and how he just pawns. Someone will change his mind soon. I am pretty sure Barry is an idiot for thinking ash cannot beat Byron.

Last edited:
But damn what the hell is up with Jessies bad scream sing at the contest. Did they have to?

Are you talking about the part after Yanmega blows the ribbons off her and we see her hair blowing around? In Japanese she was just going "la la la la!" and it didn't sound bad. What did Jessie sing?

Are you talking about the part after Yanmega blows the ribbons off her and we see her hair blowing around? In Japanese she was just going "la la la la!" and it didn't sound bad. What did Jessie sing?
She did the la la la la but with some screeching at the end. It was horrible. Or did they put that in the Japanese version as well? Cannot remember I skipped it.

She did the la la la la but with some screeching at the end. It was horrible. Or did they put that in the Japanese version as well? Cannot remember I skipped it.

I just checked out that scene in English and you're right, that was painful. In Japanese it was just the la la la la then we go back to the gym battle. I guess PUSA (since they were still called that when this was dubbed) just couldn't go an episode without having Jessie be annoying. :/

I saw a Shield with a Twist on thursday, and yes the gym battle was good. And Jumping Rocket Ship was great, especially Croagunk. Soz that America have to wait till next week to watch it.

WHAAAT?! When does CITV show Pokemon?! I thought it was just Jeetix T_T

Since ages ago. Jetix got to Playing the Leveling Field, and then they jumped back to Once they were Greenfields. I'm gonna check each day in the next couple of weeks on CITV, just to see if any episodes come back on.

I doubt anyone cares, given that it's only around for two episodes, but Piloswine got a really awesome dub voice. No shrieking it's name out or anything, just a loud, mumbly, grunting sound, somewhat similar to Mammoo. Given that, I bet they'll be keeping the latter's japanese voice.

Best part about it is that we don't have to wake up at 9 AM (EST) to watch the episodes when we can just watch them now.

when did CITV start showing newer episodes than Jetix???
if thats the case then i might actually be able to catch up with my episodes now

I have to say, as someone who cares a lot about the music, I'm impressed with "Jumping Rocket Ship" which kept 23 pieces of Japanese music.

Now that is quite good!

I've said my thoughts on the gym battle in its American thread, and couldn't force myself to watch CresceliavsDarkrai again, so it's just "Jumping Rocket Ship" here I guess.

I cannot say enough how much I love Jun, and Barry has been quite well cast IMO. This is a brilliant episode in hilarity terms, and much of the humour hasn't been lost in translation. (It's just a shame for me that I find Staravia's voice really jarring. And Piplup's voice is too puny for it's bossy attitude :p) But an otherwise well done ep.

Grave-E said:
I doubt anyone cares, given that it's only around for two episodes, but Piloswine got a really awesome dub voice. No shrieking it's name out or anything, just a loud, mumbly, grunting sound, somewhat similar to Mammoo. Given that, I bet they'll be keeping the latter's japanese voice.

I doubt it; they replaced its voice in the Giratina movie.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom