• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Notice Clarification About More Personal Topics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikochu

has successfully made it through the grind.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Hey Outside the Boxers!

First of all, we want to let you all know that Outside The Box (OtB) will always be the place of the forums that will be dedicated to stuff that's pretty much everything else. From everyone's favorite food and drink to yawning and manners to just as mundane as What's the weather like for you, rest assure that OtB will be the place to discuss pretty much everything else!

With Support and Advice (S/A) now firmly established, it is now worth mentioning that topics that are more personal be placed in S/A rather than OtB. What I'm saying is that more personal and serious personal topics should be created in S/A rather than OtB.

Of course, we won't actively punishing for those who are posting threads in OtB when it really should be S/A and vice versa. However, we know that some people may not be comfortable in posting in threads that are more personal for the entire internet to see. Thus, we have a new guideline whether if something belongs OtB, S/A, and Blogs (Check the spoilers below).

Sometimes it can be hard to tell whether a topic is better to post in this section, in your blog or Support and Advice.

Before creating a thread. Ask yourself these questions.
  • Is it about me? (e.g. I got a cat, my sister stole my money, a hobo attacked me with a wooden spoon, I got detention, I found $70 in a drain, I lost $70 gambling on Manchester United) - IT GOES IN A BLOG!!!
  • Surveys, school projects, and all that jazz - Probably blog.
  • That idiot that keeps getting you in trouble, I need some advice dealing with bullies, I'm not sure who I am - Support and Advice
  • A piece of writing like a script or essay help? - Writers Workshop.
Of course, not everyone wants to create a thread about their day or a blog for that matter. If you're just looking to chat about what happened today, why not swing by the Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread?

If you need help with something or you feel what asking is very personal, check out the very supportive community of Support and Advice! We are a community that supports and help each other through the rougher times in life.

If you have any questions about the new guidelines, feel free to contact SoaringDylan, G50, Pikochu , dragon_nataku, MegaPod, Cresselia92 or diamondpearl876 and we'll be happy to help you out!

Happy posting and post Outside the Box!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom