• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Clash of the Fire-starters!

Super Special Awesome Charizard. Has the advantage over the three part-Fighting contenders.

Blaziken will always be my favorite pokemon. It can win without speed boost, but with speed boost, blaziken just dominates. Also, unlike two certain other fire/fighting pokemon, Charizard can't even begin to phase blaziken. Speed boost+Claw Sharpen+Stone Edge=:scared:Charizard.

Last edited:
Look at my avatar.

Psst! The "T" in my username stands for Typhlosion!

He's the first Pokemon I've ever had, he Lvl. 100 now, faithful as ever.

Blaziken is my favorite Pokémon, so it's not really hard to choose. Plus, it gets Speed Boost in Gen 5 and gets good moves. And it has an awesome design. I also trained one to level 100.

Blaziken, it was the first fire-fighting, and still the best. Charizard is a close second due to its typing, but otherwise, none of them are close to Blaziken.

It's ridiculous to even think that a gen ago, Blaziken was average at best. Now with Speed Boost and HJK's increase (and getting it now), it is beyond a level of comparison to the other four. Infernape is also both great-looking and good in battle. I think a better question is who is the worst, and that's a run away with Emboar. It looks ridiculous, it's stats and movepool is beyond terrible and it's typing is now overdone for the third straight gen. Just as with the other B/W starters it is beyond underwhelming.

I would say Charizard cuz hes type flying which could kill 3/5 of the starters.
Also he's epicly cool.

Typhlosion. It is pretty cool and powerful. Blaziken and Emboar are ugly, while Infernape and Charizard are my close 2nd faves.

Typhlosion is the boss... there needs to be at least one more Fire/Fire

please no more fire fighters... blasiken will always be the only awesome one

It's a tie between Charizard and Infernape for me.

Charizard is the only Fire-Flying starter, and on the other hand Infernape is a BAMF.

It's a toss up between Blaziken and Infernape in battle.
Typhlosion would probly be the weakest. Being a single type (fire) only, it only gets STAB from fire. Eruption is not the best move for him either. And it's probably in the NU tier.

My personal favorite ranking though:
1- Infernape
2- Typhlosion
3- Blaziken
4- Charizard
5- Emboar

Charizard's overrated, Blaziken, Emboar and Infernape are fire/fighting, and I don't like that. So Typhlosion wins (even if I still can't spell it right)

I like Typhlosion most, but my vote goes to Infernape, because it's a better battler than the other four.

I choose Blaziken, but not for it's recent insane DW ability.

Rather because I have the best memories of training my Torchic into one back in Gen 3. It was a lot of fun at the time, however otherwise it would be Charizard because it was the first Pokemon I received in Pokemon Red back in Gen 1.

I'm torn between Typhlosion and Infernape... Typhlosion has the cutest prevo (Cyndaquil) and looks absolutely badass, but Infernape is also pretty badass, has a good typing and an awesome movepool... while poor Typhlosion lacks decent coverage moves. xD

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom