• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Clash of the Isshu/Unova/Einall Starters' Names: Japanese vs American vs Fanmade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clash of the Names

I like the English names more so then the other names.

Also Oshawott sounds like Ocelot, and yes I referring to that Ocelot.

The Japanese names are what I'm used to, and they have a nice sound.

English. Because nothing beats the awesomeness that's snivy.

Until I get completely used to the English names, it's a mixed bag of English and Japanese for me. Snivy I really like, but Tepig is lackluster, and Oshawott... Oshawut?

The fanmade names can suck it.

If I could pick and choose from the different sets I would pick Snivy pokabuand oshawott.

I really can't stand the name tepig. I think its dumb and is going to sound weird in the anime. Snivy is really growing on me and I like the sound of oshawott! its better than wotter and miju..

The Japanese ones are in Japanese, so I don't like those. The official ones are kind of weird, and I still don't get Tepig. I like the fanmade ones the best, becuase in my opinion they sound the best and also fit the Pokemon well.

Fanmade, but Porkabu not Pignite.

Pignite sounds epic, and so does Smugleaf.

+1 Fanmade

I prefer the Japanese names. The English names sound a bit weird in my opinion.

Honestly, I would have one name from each. The whole set for any of them just dont work together:

Smugleaf
Pokabu
Oshawott

Last edited:

Fanmade were definelty the best..I swear to god..these are the worst English names I have ever heard.....:sweat:

Ok, These are seriously the worst english names ever.

Definitely Japanese. I am soooooo nicknaming my "Oshawott" Mijumaru X3

Probably the fan-names, but I'll be more concerned about the names of their final evos.

I prefer fanmade ones over the real names, but different ones, like Porkabu, Pignition and Emboar. I don't like the real names at all, with the exception of Snivy. I just don't think they fit them. Miju deserves a cute name. Oshawott isn't a bad name, but it doesn't fit him. Likewise, Tepig... There were so many cool possibilities for Pokabu's name. Why go with Tepig?

The Japanese names... Well, I don't speak Japanese. Their names could've been anything from Japanese and they would all probably have the same impact on me.

Re: Clash of the Starters' Names; Japanese vs American vs Fanmade

Tepig sounded ridiculous... And so oshawott.. And smugleaf??? Tsutarja deserve a better name than that.... I prefer the fanmade name... But you know, the third stages name is cool

Japanese, if only because I've known them for much longer.

By the time the English games are out, I'll be used to them and whatever wacky hi jinx they come out with next.

in general i prefer the fan made except i would prefer snivy over smugleaf

My vote went to...
SMUGLEAF!! >:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom