• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Clash of the Water-starters!

I pick Pokemon by design, not purely by stats and battling ability.

On that merit, I choose Daikenki. A close second would be Swampert.

This was hard... The water starters are usually my favorites (Jaroda, Typhlosion are exceptions). I went with Blastoise because he's a really awesome turtle. Skull Bash is one of my favorite moves.

Daikenki. It jus looks kewl (¬ ¬)

Sucky 100th post is sucky!

Empoleon for being a badass steel penguin. :p

But Daikenki is oh so very awesome, too. Empoleon's just my favorite.

I like Blastoise and I've taken a new liking to Feraligatr. Swampert is okay, and Empoleon and Daikenki are..sorta bleh. But Daikenki's way batter imo, I hated the Sinnoh starters except for Turtwig.

Empoleon is fairly good, with typing.

I pick Pokemon by design, not purely by stats and battling ability.

On that merit, I choose Daikenki. A close second would be Swampert.
Same here, except I'm going with Feraligatr. It was my first starter ever and I still love it. I like all of the other water starters too though.

Daikenki is the cleverest in terms of design (who would have thought of a samurai sea lion-otter?), and definitely has potential. Here's hoping that he gets the awesome Shell Break in the third game, so that he has a very powerful niche.

I love all the water starters (except Empoleon) however I have to go with...

*drumroll*

DAIKENKI!!! QUADRUPEDAL, SAMURAI OTTER/NARWHAL HYBRIDS FOR THE WIN!!!

Feraligatr for me, as he was my first Water Starter... EVER. (Pokemon Gold Version)

Swampert for me. Daikenki would be close second. I picked Swampert since it was my first pokemon, and I really loved it as a Mudkip.

I'm going to go with Daikenki. It's a strong samurai water type. It also has armor and weapons which would really help it. I also really like it's design.

In my mind, it would actually be pretty close in a battle. Blastoise and Feraligatr would be near tied due to their main traits, but Empoleon would be pretty hard for most of them to take down besides Swampert.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom