• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Clashing Muscles: Machamp vs Conkeldurr

Steel_Justice

Forged in Combat
Reaction score
Spr_5b_068.png
VS
Spr_5b_534.png

In one corner we have the ripped wrestler, the duke of dynamicpunch, the macho man from Kanto: Machamp!!!

In the other corner we have the crushing carnie, the ogre of ouch, Unova's jester of pain: Conkeldurr!!!

Who would win in a head to head clash?
Who is more usefull?
Who do you prefer?
Who can inspire more nightmares to pokemon weak to fighting?

Machamp, hands down. It may not have a higher Attack stat, but it's still cooler, has a better shiny form, is a tad bit faster and has higher defenses as well, can learn the Elemental Punches AND Bullet Punch (which is a big YES for me), and all of it makes it viable for a team even in Wi-Fi.

It's also creepier in my opinion, even more so than many of these new Ghost-types, for that matter. Though to balance a bit, I have less trouble with the genders of the Timburr line than the Machop line, but that's a note apart.

So yeah, ol' good Machamp wins this time.

Machamp for me, because Conkeldurr looks a bit too derpy.

I hate both of them, but I guess Machamp has a slightly better design. It gets my vote.

Poor Conkledurr only has one vote, how sad.

Machamp as the only thing Conkelderp has that Machamp does not is mach punch but I like Machamp has better stats,a great move poll,two very good ability and looks better.

Who would win in a head to head clash? Conkeldurr would smash that thing silly. Game logic though, no idea.
Who is more usefull? Didn't use any of these two specifically, but I used their pre-evolutions, and Conkeldurr's is better.
Who do you prefer? Conkeldurr.
Who can inspire more nightmares to pokemon weak to fighting? Probably Conkeldurr. DOES NO ONE SEE WHAT IT HOLDS IN IT'S HANDS?!

Conkeldurr gets my vote.

Machamp wins 'cause it has shiny pecs and wears its love-blob-containers with a belt.

Both are excellent Pokémon in both design and power. However, I have to go with Conkeldurr. He uses concrete pillars as walking canes. Concrete pillars as walking canes. Concrete pillars.

If that's not scary and badass, I don't know what is. He looks very crazy, as if he knows he's going to cause ungodly pain to whoever dares to mess up with him. Yup, I really like Conkeldurr. 8D

Here's the thing: I love Machamp for Gen I reasons, but I love Conkeldurr for win name and design. (I cant say the same for its pre-evolutions though, they look like Magi-KRAP) I would've voted for both, but I just clicked on Conkeldurr.

Orion already beat me to the whole 'concrete pillars as walking sticks' thing, but yeah, Conkeldurr is who I voted for. Curmudgeonly old geezers are always badass. Always. The fact that he is powerful enough to lug around stone blocks with relative ease only helps make him cooler. He doesn’t yell at kids to get off his lawn. He tears the damn lawn up and shakes them off, like they were dust mites on a blanket.

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to give the edge to Conkledurr. I prefer its design, and it seems a bit less cliche in terms of execution. What that means in terms Pokémon... I don't know. But it just seems like the right way to describe it.

Machamp wins this one, mostly because I like its design better.

The original post certainly caught my eye. "Ogre of ouch." That made my day. XD

Anyway, I say Conkeldurr.

Conkeldurr.

I like the original design and ITS WALKING STICKS ARE CONCRETE PILLARS. I WANT MY GRAMPA TO HAVE PILLAR-WALKER THINGIES!

Definitely Conkeldurr. I think he looks more natural than Machamp, which I think looks rather reptilian. Besides, Conkeldurr is actually more intimidating, and one thing he can do is to use a powerful Mach Punch, which Machamp can't do. It would be interesting if he can learn Prankster, though.

Thanks for reading.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom