• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Classic Ribbon Question [SOLVED !]

GameCodeTrainer

Warrior of 炎
Reaction score
Just now when I was checking out my Event Pokemon I've decided to take a look at the Classic Ribbon's description. I was shocked to see that the normal description "A Ribbon that proclaims love for Pokémon' was changed to 'A commemorative Ribbon obtained in a Mystery Zone'. Why did the description changed. I'm wondering because I'm interested to find out.

So, what do you Pokemon Trainers think?

Re: Classic Ribbon Question

Which event pokemon of yours have this ribbon description? As I don't have events, I don't if this is possible, but I'll investigate...

Which event pokemon of yours have this ribbon description? As I don't have events, I don't if this is possible, but I'll investigate...
All of my Event Pokemon have this description all of a sudden.
I've decided to do a trade with my self (have 2 DS systems) and on my Pearl game it says the normal description and on my Platinum is the other one....

Sounds familiar. Have you ever had any badly hacked Pokemon on the Plat card?

Sounds familiar. Have you ever had any badly hacked Pokemon on the Plat card?
Well..... I did get an AR (Action Replay) clone of a legit Pikachu-Colored Pichu from someone, is that the problem?

Well..... I did get an AR (Action Replay) clone of a legit Pikachu-Colored Pichu from someone, is that the problem?

Nope, AR clones of legit pokes are not hacks. I just remember reading something about badly hacked Pokemon messing with stuff like that, I'll have to check if I can find what I'm thinking of.

So, the description change for a game to other, like pokedex entries. Don't look like a bug or something, if orginal description changed in the same game but remains original in other.

Edit.: Oh, A.R., then. I don't think it cause some problems, but we never know...

Nope, AR clones of legit pokes are not hacks. I just remember reading something about badly hacked Pokemon messing with stuff like that, I'll have to check if I can find what I'm thinking of.
Alright, DuquÊ? and you will do some investigating. Let me know if you find anything ASAP >:D

I'll have to check later, most game sites are blocked here at work D:

So, the description change for a game to other, like pokedex entries. Don't look like a bug or something, if orginal description changed in the same game but remains original in other.
Yeah, I mean, all of these Event Pokemon only have been on my Platinum card, now all of the descriptions changed all of a sudden. If I transfer on of the Events to my Pearl card than it will be the normal description.

I'll have to check later, most game sites are blocked here at work D:
Oh alright, let me know when ya find somethin' ;)

Man, everyone is REALLY trying to freak you out.

That's just the description the Classic Ribbon has on Platinum.

No, I have just about ten event Pokemon holding a classic ribbon and the description is: ''A Ribbon that Proclaims love for Pokemon''. However, my 10th anniversary Mew has a premier ribbon, the description of which is indeed: ''A ribbon obtained in a mystery zone''.

*Loud Buzz Sound* WRONG!

Hey guys check this out:

http://forum.pokefarm.com/showthread.php?12126-Classic-Ribbon-Glitch

I just remembered that someone gave me a hacked Pelipper yesterday (says it was caught at the Pokemon League -_-), so I remembered that Troggy asked me if I ever had a badly hacked Pokemon. So I released the Pelipper and traded all of my event Pokemon over to my Pearl and back to Platinum, now I see the "A Ribbon that proclaims love for Pokémon" description and am happy once more :D

I also like that the Classic Ribbon does that when you have a badly hacked Pokemon on your game card, you know it's sort of like an alarm :3

Last edited:
Wtf... it's because of things like that I don't like hacks at all. Some problems ever occurs...

lol. then how come my platinum says the same thing and never used it over wifi yet, or used hacks on it..? x3

This is the Alamos Darkrai

DSC03530.jpg

Derp.

lol. then how come my platinum says the same thing and never used it over wifi yet, or used hacks on it..? x3
Well then, it should go back to normal. I also heard from somewhere it'll change from time to time. I also read from somewhere that a person had the same problem (is Classic Ribbon wasn't the normal description) and when he got another event Pokemon, the Classic Ribbon went back to normal......

This has actually been brought up before in the SQ,SA thread. It's currently unknown what will trigger the switch of the normal descriptions of the Premier and Classic Ribbons to change to the Mystery Zone descriptions. The most popular theories are that it's caused by having a poorly hacked Pokemon on your game cart, or by trading with someone who's used a cheating device on their own cart. However, both of those theories have been debunked by other members of this forum.

Hey guys, check this out:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/946308/57619

Scroll down to No. 40 and read the Classic Ribbon's addition note. Do you guys think that in a EU version let's say Pearl, the Classic Ribbon's description changes to the Mystery Location description? And in the NA version it changes to the Proclaim Love for Pokemon description?

I think whoever has an Event Pokemon on a EU Pokemon D/P/PT game card should see and tell people here to see if this is true :D

I have the NA version of Pearl & Platinum, that why it says the Proclaim Love for Pokemon description. But who know, maybe I traded with somebody who had the EU version of Pokemon D/P/PT and that's why all of a sudden the ribbon's description changed. What do you guys think?

I think whoever has an Event Pokemon on a EU Pokemon D/P/PT game card should see and tell people here to see if this is true :D

European Platinum here, my TRU Arceus's (traded from a NA game via Wi-Fi) Classic Ribbon says:
"A Ribbon that proclaims love for
Pokémon."

So, I guess that theory doesn't work either.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom