• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Classic Sonic Mafia (15p) - Eggcellent Sunshine! Mafia and Serial Killer Victory!

The message Kyriaki got reminds me of another game I played and this might be the work of an anonymous messenger and I remember players were saying they were getting random messages.

Just a reminder that the other one killed was Max.
So, assuming he was the one killed by mafia, which seems to be the best choice for them of the two, it's pretty clear that Caps was killed by someone else.
That's true, though personally I'm thinking that Caps makes more sense as an NK than Max. I don't have anything concrete on that, though there is a theory I have about what might have happened to Max if that's the case, which may be related to me. But it's just total theory, so that's really all I can say on that since I guess the nightkill isn't really important enough right now anyway to claim harder.
I feel like we have too little for me to look into behavior yet. So, yea, I'm trying to milk some rocks with what we have here.
Did the day/night results change the way you see any of the players so far?
The two deaths haven't really changed anything without knowing for certain what caused each one. Kyriaki's night action results make me lean harder that she's probably truly town; why claim something else on top of miller when the miller claim already wasn't totally trusted and millers with other abilities aren't super common here? It helps that ZinnLav is implying that they targeted LG in saying that Kyriaki must be a tracker of some kind. And in regards to that... Lone_Garurumon isn't acting like he got roleblocked or anything, so Zinn targetting Lone (if that actually happened) isn't very alignment-indicative without more info.

I wish I could say that something really stands out right now, but that's not the case. MegaPod's actual reason given for his D1 vote felt decent enough to me, but it is true that his was a vote that helped the wagon pick up steam and that was all he did D1 aside from a self-vote at the beginning. He could have been mafia trying to push the lynch on Contrainer, so I definitely get Lone_Garurumon's vote and in case I don't have time to later, I'll join him in light of this being the best of the few options that seem available right now.

VOTE: @MegaPod

Very hard to stay in touch because of family stuff earlier today (or rather I'm 6-7 ish hours behind that).

At any rate Garu and Arcadia seem to have a foul sniff on Megapod's actions by pushing contrainer.

"reason given for his D1 vote felt decent enough to me, but it is true that his was a vote that helped the wagon pick up steam and that was all he did D1 aside from a self-vote at the beginning. He could have been mafia trying to push the lynch on Contrainer, so I definitely get Lone_Garurumon's vote and in case I don't have time to later, I'll join him in light of this being the best of the few options that seem available right now. "

I guess I guess can hop a long. There are four mafia, 12 or players and I don't think everyone has spoken, which makes things so much more difficult.

For now I guess I can try and bandwagon on this Pod train. But I am also finding it interesting that someone as deductive and thorough as Arcadia would toss their logic aside for the MegaPod wagon...

You must be some type of tracker then because I can certainly say I didn't attack him.
Wasn't Contrainer already a tracker?
btw, are you confirming that you targeted Lone last night?
So ZinnLav targeted Lone_Garurumon. Lone_Garurumon wasn't a kill target. Obvious, but restating anyways.

And anybody, will someone counterclaim Ky's miller claim from D1?
Why are you looking for a counterclaim? Do you know something we need to?

I asked for a counterclaim just in case someone actually counterclaimed. Not likely to happen but worth a shot.

This is so weird :lapras:
Are you keeping your miller claim?
Did you use any kind of role?
Do you think this message would appear if you were roleblocked?
I am miller.
I'm not sure about whether roleblocking me would have any effects.

@Rainbow Cloud
Are we allowed to do character speculation, like thinking that Player A might be [character] because of a claim, so long as they don't confirm or deny it? Or is that not allowed? Figured I should check before I run my mouth with a guess about Ereshkigal lol and it sort of relates to something else.
You can speculate about the characters that might be in the game so long as no one confirms or denies anything.

Okay, since we can character spec, I'm just gonna throw out there that I'm wondering if Sonic might have a post restriction (if the apparent post restriction is actually real, which... with Ereshkigal you never know) to not talk except in images since he is pretty much always depicted as a silent character in the Classic games, and Generations and Forces really solidified that when even Classic Tails talked in the former.
For now I guess I can try and bandwagon on this Pod train. But I am also finding it interesting that someone as deductive and thorough as Arcadia would toss their logic aside for the MegaPod wagon...
I feel like I have to make a decision on somebody before the day ends, and when nothing else is really grabbing my attention, MegaPod seems best. Plus, sometimes mafia can vote people for what appears to be reasonable rationale. The only real solid thing we have to work with right now (aside from anyone potentially having their own night actions giving them info) is the deaths that have happened, and working off a lynch that ended up flipping town is a good way to try to get the ball rolling in what's been a fairly slow game IMO. Of the Contrainer voters, Caps is dead, you (juliorain; you weren't on the wagon at the end, but you were technically Contrainer's first voter so I'm semi-counting you lol) I'm town-reading, and ExLight I'm light town-reading as well, so that leaves MP, and I think the odds are decent that - probability-wise - mafia could have been in that group. That's my logic here, anyway.

UNVOTE: MegaPod
VOTE: DekuNut

Doing this real quick, I'm getting ready to post the reason in a sec. I just want my vote off the doc quick lol

So after MegaPod claimed, I went to do a quick skim of the thread again, and I noticed that DekuNut isn't really doing much to move the game forward or question people. The most he's done is a somewhat non-committal defense of Contrainer here in post #89:
DekuNut said:
tbh I don't see much wrong about Contrainer's post. He didn't actually vote, and only made a snide comment. Imo it didn't sound super serious, and he wasn't really distracting from the game at hand, as Caps claimed.
This is pretty much the only thing that was super game-relevant that he's said, but even this doesn't do much since he never placed a vote after his early joke one on ZinnLav. He left his vote in a place that was "safe," and it could be possible that he knew Contrainer would flip town and wanted to look like he was somewhat against the lynch without really trying to push any alternatives.

For another example of what I said at the beginning of this post, here's another post (#88), split into smaller quotes of just his responses:
Technically, Sonic is split into just Modern and Classic, as established by Sonic Forces. Modern Sonic was the Sonic who went through the events of Sonic Adventure, not Classic Sonic; it is therefore a modern game. That said, I do realize that the actual era cmmonly referred to as "Modern Sonic" began at Sonic 06 Sonic Unleashed.
Irrelevant to solving the game.
Funnily enough, when you're drunk you don't think straight.
??? Not pushing the game forward, though admittedly I'm not totally sure I understood this one in response to ZinnLav
I didn't say anything against the Gamecube; I spoke out against Adventure being called a classic Sonic game. I was actually introduced to classic Sonic that very way, and still have Mega Collection, so I do very much support the Gamecube as a Classic Sonic System.

And, in Contrainer's defense, admittedly... I am always scum.
Just not this game.
Yes, I know it was in response to my own irrelevant comment about the Sonic series, but this is just one of several comments like this which is why I'm pointing it out.

The only part of this post that is really relevant to the game at hand is the bit about Contrainer... which is still mostly a joke.

This was the most content-filled post DekuNut made and yet it was almost entirely fluff. Nearly every other person who has been somewhat active I can think of at least one post that was questioning something, putting a theory out, noting something, etc.

Doctor claim :lapras:

Okay, since we can character spec, I'm just gonna throw out there that I'm wondering if Sonic might have a post restriction (if the apparent post restriction is actually real, which... with Ereshkigal you never know) to not talk except in images since he is pretty much always depicted as a silent character in the Classic games, and Generations and Forces really solidified that when even Classic Tails talked in the former.
Farfetched, sorry.
I'll try to explain why after the night.

But again, if the no-words is related to the game in any way it might just be a way she found to confuse town without giving hints of her alignment. Can't scum slip if you don't talk, right?

The message Kyriaki got reminds me of another game I played and this might be the work of an anonymous messenger and I remember players were saying they were getting random messages.
Yea, that seems to make sense. A watcher able to send his results to other players.

Hey, Mailman, if your report isn't random, would you send me your next message to me?

Hey, @Lone_Garurumon
before you go
I don't remeber if you answered my question. Would you be able to tell if Zinn roleblocked you last night?

Odd that a miller is getting Tracker/Watcher results. I did indeed visit Lone last night, not going to role claim so early though.

Vote: Deku_Nut

As the others said, it seems like a good choice, he's been posting fluff and is like 70% chance of Mafia in every game he's in

I do think that Dekunut has been a bit quiet, and hasn't done much of note, however I feel that isn't in line with deku's usual scumstyle. If dekunut flips town, I think it's likely that the BW will be looked at due to how quickly it formed.

I do think that Dekunut has been a bit quiet, and hasn't done much of note, however I feel that isn't in line with deku's usual scumstyle. If dekunut flips town, I think it's likely that the BW will be looked at due to how quickly it formed.
Who would you rather see lynched this phase?

Night 2 - In the Jungle, the not so Mighty Jungle... - (Star Light Zone)

Day 2 Vote Totals:
ZinnLav - 1 (ExLight)
DekuNut - 3 (FinalArcadia, Lone_Garurumon, ZinnLav)

DekuNut was lynched, he was...
Dear DekuNut

J18eIFA.jpg

You are Mighty the Armadillo, one of Sonic’s lesser known friends from the past who made a recent reappearance in Sonic Mania. First introduced in the Arcade spin-off game SegaSonic the Hedgehog in 1993, you later made an appearance in the spin-off game Kunckles Chaotix for the Mega 32X/Sega 32X in 1995. Your story is kind of one of what could have been as you were one of the initial designs for the main character in what would become the Sonic series, ultimately losing out to Sonic himself, perhaps in an alternate universe right now we could be talking about the Mighty series and your role in Classic Mighty Mafia. Personality wise, you’re generally a peaceful guy but are willing to fight to protect others that you care about, you’re strong and durable shell is particularly useful in protecting you from spikes and projectiles when in danger.

As your hard shell protects you from most hazardous objects and attacks you are the Ascetic. As a result of this all roles that target you during the night will always fail, this does not protect you from night kills however.

In short, you are Mighty the Armadillo, Ascetic, you are aligned with Sonic’s Friends and win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

DekuNut was lynched, he was Mighty the Armadillo, Town Ascetic and was allied with Sonic's Friends!

Flavour to follow soon!

The Phantom Ruby bursts into life, illuminating everything in a blinding light as reality dissolves away and reforms into a new setting of some metal platforms, steps and loop de loops in the foreground of an Illuminated City and Starry Sky!

It is now Night 2, phase ends on Tuesday 18th June at 7:00pm BST!

Please submit your night actions!

Well, if it keeps up like this we could lose next phase.

Those who voted Deku, do you have anything to add?
And those who have almost posted nothing, hello? You there?

Back
Top Bottom