• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Clawitzer vs. Kingler

Dr. Buni

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
Yet another obvious contest. Again, lock if the thread already exists.

GiU8n61.png

- Which has the better design?
- Which one is easier to train?
- Which is more useful throughout the game?
- Which is more useful in the competitive environment?

- Which has the better design?
Clawitzer imo. The giant cannon claw is a great take on a pistol/mantis shrimp. Kingler has a nice simple design too, but I think Clawitzer's combination of good theme, colour palette and clean design wins it for me.

- Which one is easier to train?
I would assume Clawitzer, but I haven't used either in a playthrough yet.

- Which is more useful throughout the game?

Again I haven't used either. I would assume both work well enough, but Clawitzer's powerful Mega Launcher boosted coverage probably helps it out massively.

- Which is more useful in the competitive environment?
Clawitzer easily, as it's a useful special nuke (I might not have used one in a playthrough but I have used one competitively!).

Gotta give it to Clawitzer here. As much as I have a fondness for Kingler from being one of my childhood favourites, Clawtizer's design, theme and better usability make it easily edge it out. Plus I had really wanted a pistol/mantis shrimp for ages and we finally got one! Clauncher + Clawitzer are easy top 20 favourites of mine. Go shrimps!

Clawitzer is my preference just due to design alone.

Which has the better design?
Like I said, Clawitizer. The giant cannon claw looks awesome. Kingler has always looked pretty weird to me.

Which one is easier to train?/Which is more useful throughout the game?
I've never used either, but as always it depends on the player.

Never used both in battle but i used kinglr in HG and walked with it
Going with both

Clawitzer: stronger, better design, not a crab.

I'm terrified of crabs and especially spider crabs which is what Kingler is!

Sheesh, poor Kingler :( I have a soft spot for it, mainly because of Ash's 'Deus Ex Machina' Kingler... but yeah, I have to give it for Clawitzer. Such an incredible design, color scheme, etc. Everything about the shrimp works. Except for the fact it is, for some reason, a pure Water-type, when it could have been Water/Steel, Water/Dark, Water/Fire, etc etc. I mean, its counterpart, Dragalge, is a dual type, so it is one more reason Clawitzer should have been. Missed opportunity, I tell.

Kingler is pretty boring, but Clawitzer is really rad. The giant claw and the black markings are cool.

Both are cool Pokemon, but I'll go with Kingler for its better Speed and simpler design.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom