• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cleaning a DS AR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazyboy0337

Reaction score
anyone know how to clean a DS action replay? I recently got lint into mine, and I can't get it out without ripping my AR apart. I tried using a q-tip, the the lint is too big. Help?

Get a can of compressed air at like staples for example. Blow into your DS with it and it should come out. It worked with a emerald game, and should also work with a DS or a AR. Though, you shouldnt hack.

Lint? Like a blue jean string? Or like a blob of fluff? If you can't shake it out by just turning the thing upside-down, or blow it out, try with the corner of a blank piece of paper.

And hacking, far as I can say, is just fine, as long as you're using it purely for your amusement, and not to put yourself at an advantage over someone.

Get a can of compressed air at like staples for example. Blow into your DS with it and it should come out. It worked with a emerald game, and should also work with a DS or a AR. Though, you shouldnt hack.

No such rule exists, plus its his game.

K. I managed to get the lint out, but now the AR doesn't read my games. It just says "unknown game" when a game is inserted

Wow how come you guys get them so cheap, I paid $60 for mine.
Anyway back to the question, did you happen to delete all the cheats off there somehow because if it's saying unknown game, it could mean somehow the codes and the game itself has been deleted off the Action Replay and that's why it's not recognising it.

Don't send it to me to fix it. My "fixing" would just make it worse... ever seen an AR in the fireplace, then chopped up with a sharp dagger? Didn't think so.

Wow how come you guys get them so cheap, I paid $60 for mine.
Anyway back to the question, did you happen to delete all the cheats off there somehow because if it's saying unknown game, it could mean somehow the codes and the game itself has been deleted off the Action Replay and that's why it's not recognising it.

No, it still has my cheats on them.

Don't send it to me to fix it. My "fixing" would just make it worse... ever seen an AR in the fireplace, then chopped up with a sharp dagger? Didn't think so.

I know I'll regreat asking this, but, how?

I don't have the disc or the cord, and I doubt the computer will fix it's external damage.
lol well i had one but i lost the cord, still have the disc. i believe the problem is the game your "hacking" hasn't got any info on the AR about the inserted game, have you tired using a game that the AR has got codes on? i had a similar problem when i was going to muck around on my "new" platinum and i could find the cord so i went to the code junkies site and got the codes and manually added to the AR.

You can always enter the codes into it manually, though.
You need to add new game, then enter in the unknown game id, then enter the cheats in.

yeah the game and its codes may have been erased on the AR or the pins inside the AR could of gotten dirty from that lint if it is case damage but not board damage then the performance shouldnt bee affected at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom