• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Clefable vs Alakazam vs Reuniclus vs Sigilyph

Reaction score
This is yet another themed contest! Now, you might be wondering, why these particular selection of Pokemon? If you don't know, these Pokemon have one thing in common besides being fully evolved: the ability to have the ability Magic Guard! Here are our contestants:

036.png
Clefable, known for her extremely diverse movepool and all-around stats!
065.png
Alakazam, known for being a hard special hitter and speedy Pokemon!
579.png
Reuniclus, who is a tank and has a promising movepool!
561.png
Sigilyph, who also has a promising movepool!

Because this contest is Magic Guard-themed, your preference should be based on the perspective of Magic Guard, which means indirect damages should not be a concern.

====

I choose Clefable, because she's my all time favourite Pokemon, and is the first one to have Magic Guard, and her movepool already benefits from it. She's also the only one who's not weak to Dark, and that helps to, I suppose.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Re: Clefable vs Alakazam vs Rankurusu vs Shinbora

Shinbora is on my team in Black, and is a great sweeper.

I think I'll use Magic Guard Clefable in B/W. Big Wishes FTW.

Rankurusu for me. Its based on a Humonculus, and from what I've heard, they're pretty intresting.

Clefable, the cute pink blob.

Let's see, between Clefable, Alakazam, Rankurusu, and Shinbora...

Well, I don't like Clefable, so that's out. (Alakazam, Rankurusu, Shinbora)
Alakazam was never my favorite Mon, but I don't hate it either. However, it got really nerfed over the years. (Rankurusu, Shinbora)
When Rankurusu was first shown I thought "That one looks cool/cute. Wonder what it evolves into." Then it was revealed that it was the final evo of its line. I still thought it looked cool/cute, but I was a little disappointed. (Shinbora)

Shinbora wins for having a slightly more interesting design and for being a random whatchamacallit.

Alakazam because it is an awesome sweeper!

Alakazam for being one of the fastest and most powerful special sweepers ever. Even if it did get a bit nerfed since it's debut.

Also, no recoil life orb FTW.

Last edited:

Jello-bear kicks ass!
You know that he is the best!

Alakazam. For having the highest base Special Attack. (in the non-legendary section)

Alakazam cuz he's fast, has high Sp. Attack, and he has spoons.

Even though I like others as well, Clefable takes the cake because I am biased like that for pink things.

Rankurusu, although i accidently picked Alakazam on the poll......

For me, alakazam, all around.

Reuniclus, of course. It has the right mix of weird, cute and strong. One of my favourite Pokemon easily.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom