• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

Re: Pokemon Nicknames! What have you named your team and what meanings do the names h

CONDOM Great name.

LOL :D I don't know much about product names outside Finland, so I couldn't know that. Actually, I was more concerned about if the name Slitz had a negative connotation. But anyway, we actually have an ice cream product line called Magnum here in Finland :p

Re: Pokemon Nicknames! What have you named your team and what meanings do the names h

My Pidgeot is called Carbonara :D

Don't ask why.

Scizor-Redsteel: for obvious reasons
Steelix-Solid snake: because its a solid snake
Psyduck-66: because it took me 66 friggin trys to get a timid one

Let's see, currently in my team (these have no meaning btw o_0)
(lol i'm gonna skip Regice n Regirock)
Heather the (lv. 100!) Swampert
May the Machamp
Gemfur the Espeon
Ryan the Relicanth

My Rayquaza's name is Lol.

I didn't name him, though. o_0 (I don't think. I've had him for like a year now...)

yep. :D

Mine is weird. No flames, please. ;)

Feraligatr - Kenji - Out of tradition
Pidgeot - Shigeru - Out of tradition
Ninetales - Takeshi - After Brock
Togetic - Kasumi - After Misty
Slowking - Kouhei - After Conway
Anpharos - Satoshi - After Ash (Hey, at least he's an electric type)

Come to think of it, I sure as heck got lucky when it came to gender. *Forgot other games*

Well, since I'm waiting for the merry day I'll get SS, I'm replaying the Gen III remakes.

So:

1. Venusaur (M)- Zaurus, like in "saur" from dinosaur.
2. Raichu (M)- Sparks, no explaining need.
3. Butterfree (F)- Liberty, from "freedom"
4. Ninetales (F)- Vicksy, from vixen.
5.Poliwrath- Rath, from wrath of course.

(No real reason why I named them these)

Megainium: Chiki
Ho-Oh: BIG BIRD (lol)
Gyrados: GYRO
Snorlax: OM NOM NOM (rotfl)
Mamoswine: Isabelle
Jirachi: Jirachi :)P)

Last edited:

In my current team:
Archaeon the Acanine
Sounded cool.

Dayruiner the Gyarados
Does it need explaining?

Shockrocka the Gardevoir
You know that feeling of awe you get when you experience something amazing? Like a powerful feeling that stuns you for a minute, like when you've listened to a life changing-ly awesome song? Yeah.

Naomi the Milotic
Old Hebrew name meaning Enjoyment. It fit at the time, but in retrospect...

Wednesday the Flygon
Wednesdays remind me of the color green. Green is my favorite color. Flygon is green.

Dubious the Absol
Dubious means of doubt. Like you're not sure, you don't know. I gave it this name because of the mysterious nature Absols have.

My current noob Platinum team-

Empoleon- Emperte (Its Japanese name)
Luxray- Zara (A Slavic name meaning beautiful aurora of morning star)
Staraptor- Amy (The first name thought of when I thought of female Staraptor, lol)
Toxicroak- Mosh (My cousin's tag name)
Roserade- Either Shū if the game has the ū, or Shuu if it doesn't, I can't remember... (Drew's Japanese name)
Rapidash- Pistol (From some old Western)

I named my magikarp Kenny so when somebody kills it I can say "OH MY GOSH YOU KILLED KENNY! YOU BASTARD!!!"

I'm going to start working on a themed party very soon. It's going to consist of:

Thardus, a Regirock
Quadraxis, a Metagross
SporeSpawn, a Forretress
Chykka, a Yanmega
Kraid, a Tyranitar
Ridley, an Aerodactyl

The theme? Metroid bosses, of course.

Last edited:

I like to name my pokemons obnoxiously;

Staraptor - H5N1 (Bird flu strain)
Snorlax - Bamf (That youtube video of two guys talking about snorlax...)
Infernape - Pogeyman (gotta catchem all!)
Swampert - Iherdulike (mudkipz)
Blastoise - Imdying (squirtle)
Kyogre - Cheapo (Self-explanatory I think :-/)
Palkia - Pewpewmon (See above)
Gardevoir - Scenechick (She looks like one?)
Absol - Emo*** (See above)
Butterfree - Filaria (Human parasites...)
Pidgeot - Diptheria (Diphtheria, a deadly disease that resurges often... like Pidgeys everywhere)

Then I have somewhat normal ones;

Nidoking - LeBron (King LBJ)
Kadabra - Kazza (No real reason)
Kricketune - Piccolo (Instrument)
Dratini - Gnarly ('cause they're cool)
Scyther - Altair (Assassin's Creed)
Jolteon - Tivo (I don't know why, I just wanted to :p)
Pikachu - Zeus

I need to come up with some normal names :sweat:

Charizard - ZIPPO
Pigeot - WING
Nidoking - KING
Kadabra - PSYCH
Raichu - SPARKY
Vaporeon - RIPPLE

Swampert- Murloc
Murloc are a species of humanoid amphibious fish like creatures from the Warcraft Universe.

Crobat- Vamprah
A little change in Vampire.

Gyarados- Myrmidon
I think they actually are Achilles' soldiers or something but I named him after the Naga civilisation's Heavy Melee unit from Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne.

Still naming the rest.

Crobat- Vamprah
A little change in Vampire.

Isn't Vamprah also a BIONICLE character?

Anyway, I normally don't nickname my Pokemon, but I'm thinking of nicknaming my HG team (and I might not):
-Feraligatr - Ripjaws (alien from Ben 10)
-Tyranitar (can't nickname, since I traded it from Platinum)
-Scizor - Sakura (the character from Naruto)
-Kingdra - Bracken (fellow user of BMGf)
-Dragonite - Edo-kun (another user of BMGf, till she changed her name to Giovanna Rocket)
-Ho-oh - Fawkes (the phoenix from Harry Potter)

I nickname all my Pokémon. Here's a few off the top of my head:
Togekiss - Phantasm
Azumarril - Rapture
Cleffa - CaptFalcon
Spiritomb - Giygas
Azelf - STRONGEST
Ampharos - THE POWER
Gastrodon - ZA POWER
Raichu - BILLY MAYS
Mismagius - Candlejack
Salamence - Zero Hour
Drifblim - Hindenburg
Dusknoir - Mr. Kill
Shedinja - Anti-Life
Magnezone - Clipdeath
Bronzong - DivideBy0
Claydol - lol WUT?
Starmie - Ze~

I never used to give my Pokemon nicknames, as I'm not very good in coming up with original ones. But I did try xD Here is my HeartGold team nicknames, none with any real meaning xD

Typhlosion(f) - Firefly
Meganium(m) - Basil
Noctowl(f) - Calypso
Quagsire(m) - Bead (the name just kinda stuck :/ )
Ampharos(f) - Peach
Dragonair(f) - Sapphire

I started a Blue Version and named my party some odd names. ._.
"Robotnik" the Ivysaur, "Balboa" the Geodude, and "The King" the Zubat.

It's been a couple years since I played that file, I wonder how Robotnik's doing?

Easy.

Wingull: Pimp Jet
when it evolves into Pelipper: Pimp Jet Mk.II

and my legendaries have to be the most uninteresting names ever.
Kyogre: Fish
Rayquaza: Steve

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom