• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

Re: Pokemon Nicknames! What have you named your team and what meanings do the names h

My current team are some legendary pokemon that were traded to me by a friend. I named most of the Pokemon after band names depending on how similar they are to the band's name.

My Team:
Celebi- Timeghoul
Lugia- Stormlord
Ho-oh- Sacred Oath
Entei- Paganizer
Raikou- Def Leppard
Suicune- Snowblood

My other Pokemon:
Infernape- Mob Rules
Moltres- Motorhead
Zapdos- Radiohead
Articuno- Snowblind
Mew- Psyclon nine (as Psyclon-9 for the 10 digit limit)
Mewtwo- Prototype (self explanatory)
Golduck- Tankard
Crobat- the Moaning
Clefable- Baphomet
Pikachu- Mjollnir
Steelix- Metallica
Magmortar- Destruction (as Destructn)
Bidoof- Mnemic
Eevee- Pantera
Staravia- Stonewings
Registeel- IronMaiden
Uxie- SoulReaper
Mesprit- SoulDemise
Azelf- SoulFallen
Bulbasaur- Venom
Kyogre- Sepultura
Groudon- Sodom
And you get the drill. I'll Porbably name a new misdreavous "Bathory" after capturing it.

Re: Pokemon Nicknames! What have you named your team and what meanings do the names h

well i named a shinx sparkz and my starly ace later to find out that the attacks they were going to use the most would be spark and aerial ace lol i didnt plan that at all

Mine are all dubbed for states.
I've got:
Wyoming (Dragonite F)
Arkansas (Feraligatr M)
Indiana (Espeon F)
Louisiana (Scizor M)
Nevada (Electivire M)
Washington (Hitmonchan M)

I like following themes, makes my geek side happy, especially geography ones. I think I'll make my alternate team French départements. Or maybe just more states.

For now, the only Pokémon that I've nicknamed, is my Typhlosion. I named it after Golds Explotaro from PokéSpe, just because it's a cool name and Gold is my favorite PokéSpe character x]

I've been thinking about using cities on my next game or use them for the championships next month. But as of now the only pokemon I've had nicknames for are all the Wobbuffets I caught on Platinum were dubbed Lady Wobba out of my love for that term. Even the males.

I usually try to just make mine funny I think my favorate right now is whyhedwig my claydol or imma whore the salamence

I named my Castform Weatherman. He made it all the way to the Master Contests.

Then got crushed.

Faith for my Shiny Golem, cos she's female, my first shiny ever and I had faith that I'd find her!

On my HG I named my female Cyndaquil (now Typhlosion) Cindy after a friend. :)

The rest of my team is just random countries:
Canada/Noctowl
Nederland/Sunflora
Deutchland/Nidoqueen
Hrvatska/Umbreon
Polska/Gyarados

Also, I have 'USAUSAUSA!' the Rattata. :p

I have a friend who names all his Pokémon after the order in which he caught them.

His starter is called Firsty, his Pidgeot is called Secondy, and so on and so on. This has resulted in me referring to Typhlosion as Firsty most of the time.

I tend to give my own Pokémon very generic names

Dragonite: Louis, named after my friend who loves Dragonite
Typhlosion: Florence, named after Florence Welch for no particular reason
Lugia: Poseidon, cos he's god of the seas, geddit
Espeon: Archie, named after my girlfriend's little brother, who loves Pokémon and was disappointed I didn't evolve my Eevee into Umbreon
Golem: Chloe, named ironically after my girlfriend
Ampharos: Samuel, named after the friend who first taught me about IVs and EVs and likes Ampharos for its stats.

I got HG!! And Here are the nicknames i have for 10 Pokémon that I just Want.
Mewtwo- EpicPwnage. (Just what it is =3 )
Typhlosion- Seth (I downloaded the ShinyGold ROM, and I thought of the most fitting ((Yet some-what random)) name.
Ho-Oh- Shinebow [not shiny] (Its the Rainbow Pokémon)
LoR Gyrados- Shinar (I was using the PokéRadar on my PokéWalker ATM)
Lugia- Aeroline (I was eating an Aero bar)
Larvitar- Dally (I was watchin the movie, "The Outsiders")
Electabuzz- Electra (No Description.)
Charizard- Dragostar (My Alias)
Spiky-Ear Pichu- Piki (Pichu+Spiky with an 'I')
Blaziken- Cpt.Falcon (Captain Falcon, Fire Punch=Falcon Punch, Blaze Kick=Falcon Kick.)
Walrein- Arf. (ITS A WALRUS!)

I usually nickname them with their japanese original name, I just LOVE japanese, more than any other language I know.

Examples:
Staraptor♂: MUKKUHAWKU (it isn't exactly but I liked it)
Torterra♂: DODAITOSE (wiiii)
Infernape♂: MOUKAZARU
Typhlosion♂: Bakphoon (one of my favorites)
Togekiss♂: TOGEKISU (haha big deal!)

ah.. can't remember more, I don't usually do it. only to those I really like, or my starters anyway.

and it all started with my Mukkuru (8) =D

Last edited:

Let's see... My friends and I love to battle each other. However, since some of us are too busy to get to lvl 100, we have lvl 20 battles. I decided to make a profanity team... lol. A - mark = censored

Jacka-- Raticate
Major A-- Nidoking
Flyin S--- Butterfree
Triple A-- Magneton

There are three Gyarados as well, but I change the names frequently.

Wonder how much I'd freak others out of I ever tried Wifi battles...

For PMD Time there's an Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts way of naming them.

Chikorita: Lunex (Unel)
Cyndaquil: Axel (Lea... yeah directly ripped)
Totodile: Splaxio (Sliapo)
Larvitar: Xyron (Nyro)

Platinum: these are the nickname's for me and my friend's

Torterra: Leaf
Infernape: Blaze
Empoleon: Aqua
Staraptor: Aero
Garchomp: Techno
Lucario: Nuke

Heartgold: No particular way of naming them (besides the manga name's of Typhlosion and Meganium)

Meganium: Megapon
Typhlosion: Explotaro
Feraligatr: Splazard
Espeon: Veslin
Heracross: Scorlit
Scizor: Trasizo

I mainly just name my pokemon by whatever first comes to my head.

HeartGold:
Quilava: Kyle
Togetic: Max
Flaafy: Sammy
Poliwag: P-foo
Furret: Fendi
Oddish: Spearmint

I can actually say I've named all my Pokemon, though, so that's about 23 Pokemon with nicknames that I'm not going to list.

RUBY
Treecko: Geico. Add an Amulet Coin, and he will start saving me money. In fact, only 15 minutes could save me 15% or more on bike insurance!
Taillow: Flapelot. For my source, watch the YouTube video "MARIO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL SANTERIA".
Shroomish: Sporus. Because of all the spores.
Zigzagoon: Coonfag. Don't ask.
Whismur: Noisathon. Look at what it evolves into for the answer.
Surskit: Sk8rbug. Skates on water, is a bug.

Well, I do name my Pokémon, but most of the names make no sense, here're some exsamples...

Frosslass - Shweemier - Random dutch-like word, no meaning at all.
Sceptile - Scetrivile - Sceptile + Treecko + Grovile.
Exploud - Exloudmur - Exploud + Loudred + Wishmur.
Milotic - Kudrow - From Lisa Kudrow aka Phoebe Buffay.

I also nam some of them after their Japanese/French/Italian/Any other foreign lenguage names.

RUBY
Treecko: Geico. Add an Amulet Coin, and he will start saving me money. In fact, only 15 minutes could save me 15% or more on bike insurance!

^ My friend did this, too.

I've named my Espeon Apollo because of it's relation to sunlight and daytime.

I have a Swampert named Nayru, a Typhlosion named Din, and a Venasaur named Farore.
It is a reference to the Zelda series as Nayru is the blue goddess, Din the red goddess, and Farore the green goddess.:shy:

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom