• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

Re: Clever Pokemon nicknames

I don't intentionally think of coming up with clever names. The names I come up with are either random or just plain wacked.

Derp the Slowpoke and Pinkie Pie the Ponyta.

... These names I make aren't clever at all, I know, they suck. :V

I named my Crobat "Keese"(I'm sure you got the reference.) I'm not sure if it's clever or not, you decide. :p

I wounldn't call it clever, but my favourite nickname I've thought up is Shadylian the Totodile.

Rafflesia the Vileplume, as Vileplume is pretty much based off a rafflesia.
Phil and PhilipKD, the Flaafy and Mareep respectively after Philip K Dick who wrote 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?'
Sun Wukong the Infernape, named after Sun Wukong from 'Journey to the West'

my nicknames usualy wind up clever referances to random things.

and by clever, i mean insanely vauge, once i was going for a Dr.Who referance and wound up with Captain Ahab the magikarp.

and the most clever one i can remember is Mozzilla the Ninetails. getit? getit?

In Diamond, I have a Chatot named Charap. No idea on the name origin, but it's a neat name for a Chatot :)

I called my Omastar in Red Helix, based on the fossil he's from.

I also named my Slowking Emperor, a name I really like.

Few days ago I got a Togepi hatched in my LG, and named it "Eggman".

... Yes I'm serious, I named it that. Obvious reasons why. :V

My female Electivire is named Diva because of Motor Drive.

I named a Tailow Lift because its Japanese name is Subame and if you read it in Spanish it means "lift me" or "raise me".

I named my Chimecho "Astarael" from The Abhorsen Trilogy. 'Cause it's a bell. :|

My Espeon is named "Lumen" and my Umbreon is named "Nox". Perhaps not so clever as it is obvious.

I also named my Dratini/Dragonair/Draonite "Falkor" from The NeverEnding Story. Also from The NeverEnding Story I named my Tsutarja/Snivey "Auryn" after that snake emblem in the book.

This is kinda weird, but I named my Darumakka/Hihidaruma "Greg". Like Dharma and Greg. Anyone?

Last edited:

I think my most clever nickname is Bluetooth the Feraligatr.

When I caught a shiny Chinchou I named it Jon Stewart because I thought shiny Lanturn would also be green. They're purple but I still kept the name.

OH YEAH!!! ALL OF YOU CAN'T CONTEND WITH THIS!!! I named my toxicroak Toe-Jam.

@ LucarioGirl: That's kinda funny considering that the chatot that you get from an in-game trade is nicknamed Charap.

My female Electivire is named Diva because of Motor Drive.

I named a Tailow Lift because its Japanese name is Subame and if you read it in Spanish it means "lift me" or "raise me".

What about naming a Tailow, "Swift" :D

Heyhey, this one's good. I have some...

Cerbera the Espeon (Cerbera's a flower, which blooms at day)
Cooperia the Umbreon (Cooperia's a flower which blooms at night)
Ampera the Jolteon (Opel's new electric car hehehe)

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom