• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

We are but men
Reaction score
Sableye (m): Quartz
Ferrothorn (m): Durin
Mawile (f): Futakuchi (two mouths)

Delphox (m): Shaman

Last edited:
Youkai Exterminator
Reaction score
Had a Gardevoire named Kyrie in White.
Ran Y with a Gardevoire name Elieson.

Also my favorite is a Mawile named Makoto because she reminded me of my Ronin in 'Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness' named Makoto... who was named such because she reminded me of Makoto from 'Love Hina'.

XD

Borderland Sword
Reaction score
I originally named my Slurpuff, "Puff Daddy", but I decided "Flavor Flav" was much better~

Reaction score
So somebody on the GTS had a female Vulpix (in exchange for a male Vulpix) with the attached message saying "pls w/ Mega stone". Ten minutes later, I've bred a male Vulpix and and traded it off for their female. What does the fox say?

I named it "MegasCantGTS".

~Shiny Mega Gengar
Reaction score
I personally just name my Pokemon after Anime/Video game characters, or just names that I think sound cool. (examples: Hadaj the Noibat and Zafar the Zoroark)

I don't really do clever nicknames... HOWEVER, I have gotten some weird/funny ones through wonder trade that were clever! xD

Like, I got a Pinsir named "Fear Itself", and I think it was an Eggsecute named "Eggzema"
And my friend got a Magneton named Magneeto, and a Magikarp named Nicki Minaj.

..and I know I sent out in a wonder trade a male slowpoke that I named "Nipples".
I also named a Miltank Nipples and sent it out via wonder trade as well....

Let's dance
Reaction score
Bred another sibling duo, this time a pair of Mantine. The brother, who has Water Absorb, is named Mantel, while his Swift Swim sister is named Raine. As you can tell, both names are based on "manta ray." :XD:

My Body Is Ready
Reaction score
Nickname a Hawlucha after a masked wrestler, Like Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio, El Generico (now Sami Zayn), any Mexican Luchador
I onced nicknamed a Trubbish "Basura" which means "Trash" in Spanish

Prime Minister of Shoyo 昇陽国内閣総理大臣
Reaction score
I've got good ones and not-so-good ones:

From Pokemon Y
Umberto - male Umbreon - a near anagram with the only difference is a 't' and an 'n'
Bethany - female Bellossom - a name sounding similar to 'botany'
Hilda - female Hawlcha - referencing my current Pokemon Black playthrough with Hilda, also reference to the Japanese name Touko, "fighting-girl".
Jeanne - female Pikachu -> Raichu - from Ash's Jean-Luc Pikachu in the Electric Tales, feminized the 'Jean'.
Rosalina - female Ralts -> Gardevoir - from Super Mario Galaxy; because they both look like elegant celestial princesses.

From Pokemon Black
Zephyr - male Snivy - from Fire Emblem Elibe
Thany - female Tirtouga - also from Fire Emblem Elibe

Last edited:
Reaction score
First of all, this is my first post on this site (keep ahold of your cookies)

I try to make people sigh or facepalm when i nickname. Or just something i like the sound of. The latter especially applies to character naming. Most common character names include Vuxs and Uurak

Anyways, i always name my slakoths bread (bread is loafing around) :D
I named my squirtle squirbo
I named my rayquayza magikarp
There are others, but i can't think of them right now (last 30 minutes of an overnight shift)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm now tempted to assemble a team of Arcanine, Houndoom, Mightyena, Stoutland, Furfrou (and Manectric) and name them all "Doge".

Last edited:
The IT Crowd
Reaction score
Gogoat- Greyhound

You know, because there's a Gogoat transportation service in Lumiose City that runs just like a bus line and all, sort of like Greyhound. :)

Last edited:
We are but men
Reaction score
I'm now tempted to assemble a team of Arcanine, Houndoom, Mightyena, Stoutland, Furfrou and name them all "Doge".
Add a Granbull and you're done!
Also adds some Fighting resistance to your Doge team

Such doge
Much awesome
Wow

#TeamMoon
Reaction score
I was thinking about forming a team with nicknames based on mental disorders:

Pantophobia: Hydreigon
Anorexia: (Mega) Mawile
Paranoia: Shuckle
Insomnia: Scolipede