• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

Re: Pokemon Nicknames! What have you named your team and what meanings do the names h

Togekiss - Descartes - Father of modern Philosophy. Known for the quote "Cogito ergo sum" or "I think, therefore I am."

Mismagius - Emilie - Forgot exactly why I named her that.

Latias - Airmid - Came from a friend. Celtic goddess of healing arts.

Shiny Lucario - Lucille - Name means Light. Thought it fit for a female Lucario name.

Clefable - Anscombe - Came from Elizabeth Anscombe. Philosopher and student of Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Breloom - Augustine - Came from Saint Augustine of Hippo. Philosopher and Theologian. One of the most important figures in Western Christianity. Ideas of Original Sin and Just War.

Noctowl - Nyx - Greek goddess of the night.

Ampharos - Epimeliad - Protector of sheep.

Zubat - Phobos - Greek god of fear.

Ninetales - Athena - Greek goddess of wisdom and justice.

Slowpoke - Lethe - Greek goddess. Personification of forgetfulness and oblivion.

Gengar - Oizys - Greek goddess of distress, worry, and anxiety.

Arbok - Lamia - Greek mythological creature.

Entei - Hephaestus - Greek god of volcanoes, fire, technology, and blacksmiths.

Lugia - Amphitrite - Greek goddess of the sea. Wife of Poseidon.

Snorlax - Adephagia - Greek goddess. Personification of gluttony.

Nidoqueen - Sue - Character from Cave Story.

Nidoking - King - Character from Cave Story. Also last part of Nidoking.

Alakazam - A Bra - Name stuck from when it was an Abra. Other Pokémon probably make fun of him for his nickname. :<

Absol - Abby Sol - Nick I had for one from Sapphire.

Arcanine - Confucius - Chinese philosopher.

Meganium - Chloris - Greek goddess of flowers.

Lanturn - Lewis - Name came from C. S. Lewis. Philosopher, Author, and Theologian. Author of the Chronicles of Narnia series, The Screwtape Letters, and Mere Christianity.

Re: Pokemon Nicknames! What have you named your team and what meanings do the names h

My battle tower Aces
Machamp (F)- Key- It has no gaurd, the ONLY reason my stratagy works in the Double Battle plan, the Key to all of my OHKO moves the other 3 have
Rhyperior (M)- Locke- It earned this nickname in Fire Red, as a Rhyhorn, it was the sole survivor of the elite four on my first nuzlocke challenge, A couple EV berrys and a fuckton of Protein and Zinc later, he's ready to RAPE with horn drill
Kingler (M) - Ocho- King Henry the Eighth, he had 11 wives, divorced 11 of them,and beheaded alot,with an axe...witch is close to a Guilotine, witch happens to be Kingler's move in this
Pinsir (F) - Sand - Not sure why, i had run out of clever things at kingler, so i just picked sand

I have a couple good nicknames theyre kinda random but whatever

Blastoise:Gamera
Espeon:Cheshire
Raichu:Shocktart
Kangaskhan:Mother
Tyranitar:Godzilla (lawls)
Charizard:Rhodan
Skitty:Skittles
Seedot:Nuts
Hypno:Houdini thats all the names that I could remember ^^

Banette - "Wx-9" (Just typed something)
Aggron - "Aggromon" (No idea...)
Gallade - "/Wrist" (Psychocut makes me chuckle :rolleyes:)
Exploud - "Panic" (Eh)
Sharpedo - "Pedoshark" (Self-explanatory)
Breloom - "Magishroom" :)spin:)

I name the Eeveelutions I use, too...

Umbreon - Noctis
Espeon - Espee
Flareon - Booster
Jolteon - Jolty
Vaporeon - Water

Still haven't named Glaceon, and Leafeon is from a trade, so can't name it. ._.

I name literally every single one of my Pokemon. Every. Single. One. Even legendaries. My current favorites on my SoulSilver are:

Ferligatr (Male) - Grell
Nidoking - Sentry
Lugia - Tidal
Ampharos (Male) - Johnny
Togetic (Female) - Violet
Ninetales (Female) - Twix (caught as a Vulpix, lulz)
Umbreon (Male) - Silver
Gengar (Male) - Don (got in a trade so he's technically not named, but that's what I call him)
Pikachu (Female) - Risa
Suicune - Whisper
Totodile (Male) - Chomper

I have a loooot more...>>

Typhlosion- Typhon
Slowking- Niad
Lugia- Poseidon
Ho-oh- Helios
Ampharos- Apollo

MAIN TEAM:
Typhlosion - Tzekel-Kan, the villain in The Road to El Dorado
Arbok - Megumi, a character in 'The World Ends With You' whose Noise form is a cobra
Crobat - Misery, from my character team
Shiny Gyarados - Fujimoto, after Ponyo's father in Ponyo On A Cliff By The Sea
Ho-Oh - Fawkes, after Dumbledore's pheonix in the Harry Potter series.
Lugia - Jirarudan, Lawrence III's Japanese name
Snorlax - Debu, Japanese for fat
Groudon - Matsubusa, Maxie's Japanese Name
Kyogre - Aogiri, Archie's Japanese Name
Rayquaza - Quazar, a space formation

CHARACTER/ROLEPLAY TEAM
I play Maxie on TwitterDex, so I made a character team for battling. Most Pokemon are named after words beginning with the letter M~
Mightyena - Mei, meaning Alliance
Camerupt - Maelstrom, meaning trouble
Crobat - Misery, meaning sadness
Houndoom - Malevolent, meaning ill-willed
((And my own additions))
Aggron - Malice, meaning hatred
Charizard - Mayhem, meaning disarray
Chansey - Mundify, meaning purify
Once Black/White come out, I'm getting a Zoroark named Mephistopheles. Or as much of that as I can fit on; Mephisto.

Ok, on Pearl, I have:
Chermaine the Roselia
Hugs the Murkrow
Wonderfist the Lucario
Mimi the Lopunny
Foxtrot the Floatzel
and Garra the Skuntank (I'm thinking about renaming it Vis motrix, or your friend, or flaminanus.)

My Honhkrow is caled Hugo Boss ( i know quite random )
My ampharos is called Duracell
My scizor is called BlindSwipe

My Honhkrow is caled Hugo Boss ( i know quite random )
My ampharos is called Duracell
My scizor is called BlindSwipe

Beautiful names. Love em.

Thanks Dedo yours too,
Can you help me nickname some i have a Typhlosion and Dragonite
also i have a politoed called Tsunami

Oh, I have a Bibarel slave named Bluckdux... uh, use your imagination.

I have a staraptor called Mukumissy
and a bibarel called gertrude

Hyuk-Hyuk, my Bibarel in Platinum.
TurtleSoup/TurtlSalad/TurtleStew, my Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra in Diamond.
I also have a rule that all my "early birds" need to be named SurfinBird.

I was helping a friend get all the starters from the beginning of his Platinum Version, so this one girl caught two Shinxes to be used as trade fodder... "BitchPlz" and "IFawkYoDad"

Needless to say, I love her.

I don't usually nickname my pokemon but I remember one Ditto that I caught and I named it "Mystique"(I was a bit obsessed with the X-men). But I have to confess that I never used it until I wanted to breed XD

I've named multiple Ditto: Bloo, Bubby, Ditty, or Pink Blob :spin:

In my Soul Silver:
Feraligatr: Babalu
Pidgeot: Gia
Ninetales: Ixchel
Umbreon: Quinn
Pikachu: it's the gamestop one so i can't nickname it...
Venusaur: Bobby

Pearl:
Evergreen (Torterra)
Hawkeye (Staraptor)
Darts (Crobat)
Bandit (Weavile)
Blitz (Floatzel)
Fireworks (Rapidash)

HeartGold:
Fierce (Typhlosion)
BrightIdea (Ampharos)
Sponge (Quagsire)
Starscream (Skarmory)
Thorn (Heracross)
Sunshine (Sunflora)

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom