• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

Some of my pokemon's names make sense, and some do not make any sense at all.
Lets see...
M Ponyta- Ponyboy
M Aerodactyl - Arrow
M SHINY Houndoom- Snowbomb
M Skarmory - Skaa'ar

... and thats all I can remember for now. I probably have some clever names that I forgot about.

In my first Sapphire game I used to give my pokémon the names (Italian, in my case) of minerals and gems.

In my LeafGreen game,I named my Poliwrath "AirWrath" because I was playing MegaMan 2 and Airman was a cool boss and I was watching Airman can't be beaten on YouTube a lot of times.It's a cool nickname for Poliwrath.

you think you got clever names for your pokemon... well i just named my Lucario Sir Aaron

since he had a Lucario :D LOL

oh and i named my Natu Sephiroth... and my other Natu is Cloud LOL

Last edited:
Alakazam - Or Kazam
Flygon - Volvagia - Fire temple boss in Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Ursaring - Version.00 - my shiny flawless daddy with egg moves

Teddiursa - Version.01 - males, UT, flawless and egg moves. These are given out to close friends who can breed them.

Teddiursa - Version.02 - females, UT, flawless and egg moves. These are traded on the fourms for people to EV train. Message me if you'd like one.
Adamant, Likes to thrash about. Egg moves: Crunch, Close Combat
If you request me to put EVs on attack I can.

Torterra = Pangaea
Sudowoodo = Pseudowoodo (Ha ha)
Spiritomb = Gigyas
Golem = Roaq
Shedinja = Higurashi
Metagross = Gedachtnis

Dear all

I for one am someone who always AGONIZES over the right nicknames=).
In SS, my team looked like this:

Ganymedes: Typhlosion (it HAD to be this guy, I love him^^)
Charron: Marowak (first time using him, including "THE BONE" and I had a BLAST!)
Poseidon: Lapras (not very original overall, I know)
Demeter: Rapidash (I NEVER used two of the same type, but I just HAD to this time=). Normally, this slot's Victreebels.)
Persephone: Skarmory (first time using it. OMFG, I LOVED IT!)
Callisto: Jolteon (I only use this guy whenever I play 2. gen.)

But now, for the AMAZING 5. generation, I've decided to get a little bit more creative=). I will post my first musings, but NOTHING's set in stone just yet. There we go:

Jalorda: I'd REALLY like this thing to be female in my team, therefore I'll probably name her Eileythia or maybe Lysithea.
I prefer the first one. What do YOU think?
Enbuoh: This guy looks BADASS, so it's probably gonna be male and wear the name Thanatos or Themistos. Other suggestions are VERY welcome!
Daikenki: This guy's one of my favourites, so I really can't decide. It also doesn't matter if it's female or not, so here are some thoughts: Demeter, Rhea, Athena, or maybe one of the names suggested for Jalorda. Any thoughts on male names?
Ononokusu: Themistos? This sounds almost too tame for this guy...
I could switch up and call this guy Thanatos instead...?
Shibirudon: Ah, THIS GUY. It was love at 23. sight, so I decided to let him wear a name that makes me feel the same feelings of weirdness and uneasyness: Kreios. This is a match made in heaven!
Wargle: It was Hephaistos from the get go. It's a new love, a new name, what more can you ask for=)?

Some more suggestions for those who look for great bird-names:
Female: Sayuri (also GREAT for Espeon), Artemis, Persephone and Adrasthea.
Male: Ikarus (obvious one) and as mentioned, Hephaistos. As you can see, I usually like my birds female xP...

I have lots of names for my pokémon, always had. If you'd like a suggestion for a monster, please don't hesitate to ask.

Btw, electro pokémon? I LOVE Callisto and Hadhafang=)!

Warm greetings to all

Ouranor
(a.k.a Danateske)

I have Pokémon Platinum and SoulSilver and have Black on preorder.

Platinum:
Infernape - Flame (Later learned it was a girl:embarrass:)
Giratina - Ginny
Staraptor - Chirp
Golduck - Golduck (No nickname this time!)
Machamp - Champ (Remove the Ma. He's a champ.)

Soulsilver:
Quilava - Flamograph (Not given until after Red battle)
Mewtwo - If It (a joke for all it's actions)
Dragonair - Likely, it (Another joke)
Dialga - Wendell (Named after my class' guinea pig)
Gyrarados - Rage (Shiny, caught at Lake of Rage)
Charizard - HonchSlave (Trained on platinum before I got my soul silver. All four moves are HMs:dodgy:.)

And my plans for Black:
Enbuoh - Mike (see next name)
Zoroark - Ike (Goes with Mike. Mike&Ike!:naughty:)
Murando - Alex (A name someone gave Bianca's)
Yankkie - Hike (derived from Hiakkie)
Pururil - Prince (From his looks:evil:)
Swoobat - Zube (in honor of his predecessor, Zubat)

And those are my pokémon nicknames. Hope you like 'em!

My nicknames aren't clever, but a few off the top of my head:
Feraligatr- Power Jaws
EV'd Feraligatr- Growligatr (it rhymes)
Pidgeotto- Twitter (obvious reference)
Charizard- (My favorite rapper and the dragon e4 guy)
Mamoswine- Ammoswine

I know how hard it is to come up with nicknames for pokemon, here are some of the ones I am proud of.

Noctowl- Nocturne, Saren, Soren
Dragon like pokemon- Draken, Toruk (see Avatar), Scourge, Skywarp, Sauron, Quetzal, Dragoon
Infernape- Vulcan
Fire Type- Coal, Hephaestus,Infernus
Grass type- Verde,Veggie
Tropius- Tropicana
Gyarados- Leviathan, Typhoon
Water Type- Splash, Atalntis, Atlantica, Neptune, Posiedon, Tsunami, Seaspray, Triton
Starmie- Starwii
Castform- Forecast/4cast
Porygon Z- Skynet, CYBERDYNE, Cybertron, Cybercop (Cyberpolice doesn't fit)
Togekiss- Archangel, Normandy
Skarmory- Starscream
Flying type bird- Talon,T-Hawk
Smeargle- Artisan, DaVinchi
Aggron- Gojulas
Large pokemon- Titan
Eletric type- Raiden/Rayden, Jolt, Electro, Blitz, Tesla
Medicham- Karma
Machamp- Spartan
Espeon- Saix
Alakazam- Apocolypse, Magik, Yen Sid, Hocus, Pocus
Crobat- Vamp
Ghost Type- Shroud, Grim, Fantasma, Spectre
Raticate- Splinter
Girafarig- Domino
Crocodile pokemon- Sobek/ Sebek, Chomp, Krawk
Clefairy- Faerie, Pixie
Onix- Tektonix (stole from Fire Red NPC)
Tauros- Taurus, Dozer, Rampage
Ampharos- Ozymandias
Tough looking pokemon- Ironhide, Devastator, Colossus, Juggernaut
Ice type- Frigid, Frost, Everest, Hailstorm
Dialga- Eternity, Kronos
Palkia- Infinity
Giratina- Oblivion, Renegade
Registeel- Megatron
Gallade- Psyblade, Excallibur
Glaceon- Bubastis, Frozone
Claydol- Totem
Zangoose- Axel

Just a few of the ones I like. I usually grab names from pop culture or myth.

I nicknamed my Jolteon "Thunders" and I EV'd trained his speed. His speed is now 349.

i have my last Pokemon as a lvl3 starly named LUGIA so my friends get shocked then laugh

my team current team members that have nicknames are Katana (scizor) YDraigGoch (Salamence) Oak Canyon (Torterra). I named my scizor katana because thats my favorite type of sword. Salamance name YDdraigGoch means red dragon in welsh minus a d I couldn't fit. Torterras name was the name of the street I grew up on and I thought it was the perfect name for a grass ground name.
isnt YDraigGoch a bit uncreative? i mean the red dragon is quite a strange name...

anyway my feralagator is called Tota kk my furret is called Leta
my raikou is called raikou my ho oh is called ho oh my red gyrados is called gravey and my sudowudo is called sue

yeah they are a bit uncreative......:eh:

isnt YDraigGoch a bit uncreative? i mean the red dragon is quite a strange name...

anyway my feralagator is called Tota kk my furret is called Leta
my raikou is called raikou my ho oh is called ho oh my red gyrados is called gravey and my sudowudo is called sue

yeah they are a bit uncreative......:eh:

Wow, you went way back for this one. but yeah after three generations of dragon pokemon I was scraping the bottom of the barrel. Luckily gen. four’s dragon doesn’t look that dragon like. I named my Garchomps, Arlsburger and Johannesbr. Both are female so they are Mrs. Arlsburger and Mrs. Johannesbr. I though that was clever, well at least it’s a reference few would get.

Infernape - Saiyan
Golduck - Jackal (It reminds me of the jackals from the Halo games)
Hypno - Pedo
Ursaring - Pedobear
Machoke - C-Man (That's what one of my friends calls me)

Wow, you went way back for this one. but yeah after three generations of dragon pokemon I was scraping the bottom of the barrel. Luckily gen. four’s dragon doesn’t look that dragon like. I named my Garchomps, Arlsburger and Johannesbr. Both are female so they are Mrs. Arlsburger and Mrs. Johannesbr. I though that was clever, well at least it’s a reference few would get.

i never seem to have any dragon types except egends......
im welsh so i understood it straight away.im making a legion of pikachus and ive got a commander called QiQi ( prounonced keykey)
ive got a huanter called kakalee.

i named my level 1 giratina (not cheated!) after me. my bro doesnt like it when i name pokemon after myself....

any how come page 70 and 71 are the same?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom