• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

My SS Team:
Typhlosion-Cinder-He's a fire type
Noctowl-Noir-French for Black only available at night (Or at least Hoothoot was)
Ampharos-Candeo-Latin for spark
Nidoking-Eitrao-Icelandic for Toxic
Sudowoodo-Carreg-Welsh for rock
Kingler-Kani-Japanese for crab XD
Candeo, Eitrao and Kani used google translate.
You like 'em?

In my Soul Silver I ended up giving some of my legends names base of Greek mythology
Articuno-Poseidon
Zapdos-Zeus
Moltres-Hades
Ho-oh-Prometheus
Lugia-Kronos
Darkrai-Morphius
Groudon-Atlas

My Dialga is called Tardis after Dr. Who,

I need some cool names for my
ninetales (f),
glaceon (f),
mightyena (m&f),
lopunny (f),
floatzel(m),
sneasel (f),
delcatty (f),
absol (m&f),
luxray(m&f)
m=male
f=female
any names will be appreciated...Thanks!

Last edited:
I named my Moltres in Soul Silver 'KFC' Its a chicken (-y thing) and it's on fire! Perfecto. KFC. Kentucky Fried Chicken.

LOL I named my Farfetch'd Artemis.
Beedrill - Vespa
Vulpix - Vulcana
I also had an Articuno called Chione once - I always thought it was really suitable, since Chione is the Greek goddess of ice, and it has the word 'one' in it, as in number one (since Articuno has the Spanish uno in it, meaning 'one'"). ;P

Last edited:
I named my Moltres in Soul Silver 'KFC' Its a chicken (-y thing) and it's on fire! Perfecto. KFC. Kentucky Fried Chicken.

I think you mean KANTO Fried Chicken.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Back on Topic...

I'm planning to call my Bravairy = EagleStike from the Anthony Horrowitz, Alex Rider series.

I would love to make a team with a Gallade, Lucario and Kirikizan

Calling them Lt. Jack, Sgt. Aaron, Maj. Zero

Why ... Wynaut

I don't often nickname my Pokemon and normally when I do I give them their original Japanese names. But I do have a few that I couldn't resist.

Golduck: Brooklyn (It's the beak)
Luxray: Kimba
Zekrom: Toothless

When I first got Pokemon (Platinum), I named lots of Pokemon. Now I'm not even sure if I'm going to name my Black starter. I probably will because I should name that one at least.

Platinum
Empoleon - Dark Omen
Luxray - Skizzle
Staraptor - Deca
Rapidash - Fureimu
Azumarill - Azum <-- I didn't know about shinies until I saw him, caught him, and wondered what the heck was up with his color!
Roserade - Mtn Dew <-- Evolved from a Budew.
Bibarel - Kiki
Weavile - Catastrofy
Noctowl - George
Kricketune - Krickums
Steelix - Integral
Raichu - Akaidenki
Skarmory - Peril
Espeon - SoulDivide
Leafeon - Aconitum
Glaceon - Krustallos
Vaporeon - Kovnik
Flareon - Dante
Umbreon - Dire

SoulSilver
Noctowl - Higgi
Victreebel - Northern
Ninetales - Wynne
Golem - Ludwig
Feraligatr - Fred
Ampharos - Bo

HeartGold
Meganium - Scrapper
Jolteon - Rhine

ホワイト
ジャローダ - ブブ <-- Nickname I have for my dog. It translates quite nicely into Japanese.

I don't have a single naming scheme to which I stick.

I caught a mewtwo and named it 'mad kitty' i think it's pretty meaningful. I named my aerodactyl 'bonehead' and named dragonite - 'me ken fly' cause i read that they are really intelligent pokemon.

Anyone who has read/watched One Piece could understand why I named my Blaziken Sanji. And Australians would understand why I called my Kangaskahn Skippy.

I also like using the nickname Florapod for Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium.
It combines flora and Sauropod (those long necked dinosaurs).

Anyone who has read/watched One Piece could understand why I named my Blaziken Sanji. And Australians would understand why I called my Kangaskahn Skippy.

I also like using the nickname Florapod for Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium.
It combines flora and Sauropod (those long necked dinosaurs).

I know why you named Blaziken after Sanji! Because Blaziken is a chicken and is Fire type, implying it could could itself! Sanji is a cook. :3 (Kidding, of course. They both have devastating kicks.)

And I like your nickname for the Chikorita line. Very clever!

@DE; Ha! Nice! Gallade or Bisharp could be Zoro, and Hitmonlee could be Luffy! But only his legs are stretchy, so it doesn't really work :/

Bigwing - Shiny Staraptor
Cascade - Shiny Purugly (named after my now deceased cat)
Metaknight - Metagross
Tungsten - Lickilicky
GODZILLA - Tyranitar
Little Mac - Hitmonchan
Helium - Drifblim
Treeback - Torterra
Ika Musume - female Tentacruel (but mine's a male D:)
Akbar - Octillery (but mine's a female D:)
Firetail - Charizard
Gorebyss - Beauty
Huntail - Beast
Persian - Cadence (I had a beige cat with that name)
SLOWQUEEN - Slowking (mine's female, it seemed appropriate)
NEARFETCH'D - Farfetch'd (lol why not :p)

Last edited:
I'm naming my Tepig Luau, like the Hawaiian party. I want to rename my Inferape, but I don't know of anyplace to do that in Sinnoh. My Typhlosion is named Blaze and I loves hi so. -cuddles Blaze-

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom