• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

I always like to nickname Eeveelutions after Starfox characters or planets:

Vaporeon - Zoness/Aquas
Jolteon - Katina
Flareon- Solar
Espeon - McCloud/Krystal
Umbreon - O'Donnell
Leafeon - Corneria
Glaceon - Fichina

I have no idea what I'm gonna name Sylveon when I train one. Kat maybe?

Yeah, so i modified my Pokemon White Team. here's the new one: Team Yu-Gi-Oh!!!
Charmeleon-Bakura (he is NOT evil, in my opinion. i just LOVE Bakura. that's YAMI Bakura. as such, this one will ALWAYS be on my team.)
Servine-Marik (Another cool person. i like him, too.)
Staravia-Téa (she is ONLY good for Bakura, if you ask me. screw Yami Yugi. i like Bakura more. this one also will never leave my team. she's the mate of Bakura.)
Delcatty-Ryo (the 'light' half of Yami Bakura. just like Yugi is the 'light' half of Yami Yugi.)
Wartortle-Yugi (don't ask WHY i included Yugi. i don't even know myself. i'm just glad it wasn't Yami.)

So i am now going to stay true to the Yu-Gi-Oh theme. THANK YOU fanfiction.net! you inspired me with these nicknames.

I don't really give my Pokemon nicknames anymore but here the nicknames I would give my dream team:

Rayquaza- godfang
Arceus- supreme
Giratina- Hades
Kyurem- Frostwing
Garchomp- Ripjaws
Charizard- Bruce

Re: Pokemon Nicknames! What have you named your team and what meanings do the names h

now i have made a COMPLETE Egyptian-Themed team. they ALL have Egyptian names. here they are! The meanings are in parentheses.
Dewott-Akila (INTELLIGENT)
Charmeleon-Subira (PATIENT)
Servine-Atum (WHOLE)
Pignite-Ra (THE SUN)
Houndoom-Safiya (PURE)
Prinplup-Naunet (GODDESS OF THE OCEAN)

don't ask me how to pronounce these. i'm not exactly sure how. at least, a few of them i'm not sure. i hope you like them! :spin:

I wouldn't call this clever and I'm sure other people have thought of this first but back in Gen IV I named my Porygon-Z "Porigami."

I am Nicknaming all of my pokemon, I really love searching in the internet for a clever one or something my friends could not understand.

Derpeon (Eevee...it was just hilarious)
Kaede (Chikorita-maple leaf in japanese)
Bruit (Whismur-means sound in french)
DVD (Luvdisc-yeah not the best name)
Yeah there are wayyyyyy better names in my arsenal, i just don't really seem to play pokemon that much since its my freshman year in highschool and i really want to focus on that. I started a Sacred Gold Nuzlocke though, so i might be returning to my awsomeness in naming.

One name I've been pretty proud of was for my now-deceased Flygon (dat Nuzlocke). The name is Myrmelea, which is derived from Myrmeleontidae, the "family" in which antlions are classified.

Maractus[F] Sharp. Because it has somthing to do with music.

Marowak [M] Grimbone. Cubone has a sad backstory, so this name is fitting.

Jellicent [M] King Terror I or K. Terror I. He looks like a king, he is part Ghost-Type.

Sawk [M] Bruce Lee. A famous Kung-Fu fighter.

Jigglypuff [F] Lullacute. She sings a Lullaby, she's cute.

Clefairy [F] Galaxairy. She comes from space.

Garbodor [M] Gasinator. He sprays smelly liquids to defeat foes.

Croagunk [M] Venphibian. It's a Poison dart frog. A mix of Venom and Amphibian.

Skorupi [M] Toxscourge. Somewhere in The Bible Scorpions are also mentioned to mean Scourges, and Toxic.

Chandelure [M] Eternalier. A haunted area in The Pokemon Universe, The Old Chateau, can be found in Eterna Forest. Chandeliers are also popular in Mansions.

Sigilyph [F] Cleopatra. It looks Egyptian, it's a girl. So I decided to name it after Cleopatra.

Grimer [M] Pileocrap. It's sludge, Rotting crap, enough said.

Last edited:
Bloody Platinum Team:
Croconaw-Snapper
Mudkip-Kipper
Charmander-Blazer
Luxray-Thunderclaw
Silcoon-May

Flawless Platinum Favorites:
Celebi-Sammy (I'm sure you know why)
Charizard-Temper (LOL)
Raikou-Thundercat (it always looked more like a cat than a dog to me)
Deoxys-DNA (Couldn't think of a better name)
Jirachi-Wishmaker (BEST.NICKNAME.EVER!)
Porygon-Polygon (that's what it's name means in Jap.)

I wanted to name my Onondo Fangore, but it's a Japenese game so he got キバゴー (Kibagou).

Here are some name that I thought of & really liked:

Luana for female Lucario.
Luana is a name that means "warrior maiden".

Gaberiel for male Togekiss
If I remember correctly, Gaberiel is the name of an archangel.

Chandra for female Chandelure
Chandra means "maiden of the night", I belive...

Vespera for Vespiquen
Vespera means "gem of the evening sun" or something like that... (I should look these names up again...)

Charles for male Charizard
I never looked up what Charles means, but it starts with "Char" so I thought it'd be a good name for a male Charizard.

Things like..."Oh fuck he". So when it levels up..."Oh fuck he leveled up to level 5!"

My uber-geeky dad's playing Pokemon Black right now, and I traded him a Solosis named "U Jelly?"

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom