• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

A Lucario named Rocky B. It would have fit a Hitmonchan better on second thought, though.

Also, TEHROXXORS the Roggenrolla.

Chorizo for my Charizard (cos it's spicy)
TNTree for my Exeggutor

That's all i can think of right now.

J-Lo for my Bellossom
Cowell for my Granbull
S. Tyler for Simipour
R. Jackson for Snorlax
Chyna for my Machamp (male)
Joan Rivers for Gyarados (also male)

Hmm, for a Flareon, how about BurntToast? (Someone posted that on a another website.) Or for a Glaceon, Fat.

I don't like to nickname my Pokémon, but if I were to do so, I'd nickname my Gardevoir "Rosalina", because she reminds me of Princess Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy.

My Pokémon nicknames tend to have meaning, like my Pokémon X team:

Chesnaught: Awesomenaut. When I heard Chesnaught, I thought of the really epic game called Awesomenauts. :D

Vivillon: Mestralia. When it was a Scatterbug, I thought Scattering something would create a mess. That's where the 'Mes' comes in. The 'Stralia' is from how it is from Australia and has the River Pattern.

Charizard: Megaxo. A fuse between 'Mega' and 'X' (Because it usually holds Charizardite X). The 'O' at the end is for the name to sound better.

Aegislash: Skife. In a resource pack called 'YummiCraft' I made for Minecraft (YummiCraft makes Minecraft a Candy Land), there is a Skittle Sword. That's where I got the 'Ski' from. The 'Ife' is from knife.

There's a few! :D

Well, I don't know how smart this is, but in my Pokemon Y, I named my Female Pikachu Ashley, 'cause of Ash Ketchum in the anime, and Ashley is the Female version of Ash.

I always nickname my Pokes, though some are more on-the-nose and obvious.

My current Gen 6 team:
Delphox: Vixy (I actually lucked out in getting a female Fennekin)
Diggersby: Roger
Talonflame: Philomena
Gogoat: William
Heliolisk: Solshock
Pangoro: Po

I have others with nicknames, like an Aegislash named Excalibur, a Malamar named Kracken, and a Klefki I named Alicia. XD

I like naming mine after Muses and Various things

Melpomene: Leafeon
Tisipone: Umbreon
Calypso: Dragonair
Morpheus: Absol

I think naming Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash after famous swords (e.g. Excalibur, the Vorpal sword, Durandal) would be pretty cool.

Meowstic I named Psynyar. I don't know what it has to do with a stick anyway, or if stic means something else.

I named my Espurr (which I never use, but...) Khoshekh, because it's a Psychic and Psychics can levitate. My Chesnaught is Marisson, and also of note is my Pikachu named Statta.

Meowstic I named Psynyar. I don't know what it has to do with a stick anyway, or if stic means something else.

The "stic" comes from "mystic".

As for me, I have one more: a Vaporeon named Undine (a water elemental in folklore). It fits her pretty well.

Not a big fan of Emboar itself, but I quite like the name Boarbeque.

Last edited:
Some of the nicknames I can remember are:
-"Casper" for my ghastly
-"Fire Red" for my charmander
-"Selene" for my cresselia
-"Maneki" for my meowth
-"Chronos" for my dialga
-"Hades" for my giratina

Volcarona: Incubator (because I used it to hatch eggs)
Breloom: Book'em (because I use it to capture pokémon)
Noivern: 194 (because it's the maximum dB value, it is literally impossible to be louder)

Other than that I go for (usually two-word) names that are suitable for the pokémon in question.
Weavile=Gutslicer, Blaziken=Dreadfist (among others), but they aren't necessarily "clever" as such.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom