• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cloning Pokemon in a Different Way

GameCodeTrainer

Warrior of 炎
Reaction score
Hey, has anyone tried this, I just thought of a way of cloning Pokemon without GTS/Hacking Devices.

Let's say you have two Nintendo DS systems and 2 Pokemon games of D/P/P (or you borrow a friend's or whatever). You take the Pokemon you want to clone, in this case, a Pikachu. So you have the Pikacu in your party and head to the Union Room, you go inside the Union on your second game too. You trade the Pikachu from your first game over to the second. After you have traded your Pikachu over to the second game, you leave the Union Room in both games. You turn off the DS system without saving, the game where the Pikachu was on first(the game you used to trade over the Pikachu to the second game), you load your game, and presto, the Pikachu is still there in your party (or, I think it should still be there). So, you have the Pikachu still on your first game and the second game too :D

Has anyone tried this before? I didn't (don't ask me why <_<). I'm just curious to find out if anyone else did it and if they have been successful or not.

I think it saves the game while trading so it probably doesn't work, it either loads the game in front of the UR with your party before trade, or with the one after trade.

It don't work, I usually not save the game after I finished a trade, and I never get 2 of the same pokemon.

I'm fairly certain the game auot-saves either immediately after the trade, or when u leave the UR, so this probably won't work.

Nope. It doesn't work. I've accidentally done this a few times, the other person didn't magically have their pokemon back.

Nope. It doesn't work. I've accidentally done this a few times, the other person didn't magically have their pokemon back.
Oh alright :/

G.O.D, read the post two post above you

And yes I do this almost every time I trade.
Helllllooooooo, I posted my post way before Edo-kun
posted his -_-' His post wasn't even up <_<

There is a way to clone using trading between 2 DS's. I have done it. Not on purpose though. We were trading a Lv100 Shiny Charizard which I had clones of for a Alamos Darkrai which I was going to clone. The trade was completed while it said communitating please wait. We had a Comm error.(I think I walked to far away) When we went back in to finish all other trades. We both had the Charizard. No Alamos Darkrai.

twas Depressing.

There is a way to clone using trading between 2 DS's. I have done it. Not on purpose though. We were trading a Lv100 Shiny Charizard which I had clones of for a Alamos Darkrai which I was going to clone. The trade was completed while it said communitating please wait. We had a Comm error.(I think I walked to far away) When we went back in to finish all other trades. We both had the Charizard. No Alamos Darkrai.

twas Depressing.

Hmm, mostly, the same thing happened to me.
We were trading Eevee's and we recieved a Comm error, while in the middle of trading. We came back, and in both our parties, there was MY Eevee, but HIS Eevee was missing.

Sighh.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom