• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Clothing options you'd like to see in future games

I wouldn't mind goggles. And Akira's suggestion for trenchcoats
Yeah, and didn't the Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs' protagonists wear them. Also, because I'm a real brat, I brought up Trenchcoats first! I'm kidding, it doesn't bother me. I did bring them up first, though.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind umbrellas and other items that are held either
If Opal can do it so can we!

I don't see why (since so many people have mentioned one or another) why ALL of the NPC clothing options are available. Heck, let us choose what we want to start with. What to be a Hiker? Start with those clothes. Dragon Tamer? Suit up. If anything, letting us choose a trainer type (like they kind of did in Gen 3/4 so our appearances would be different for the online stuff) could even effect different parts of the game. Swimmer starts with a swimsuit AND Water Pokémon appear more often in the wild. Juggler (oooold class)? Sweet digs AND Physic appearance rate. Maybe even increased catch rates for certain Pokémon or different throw styles for class (sort of like the changes you can make in Gen 7).

If you really think about it, Nintendo/Game Freak could do SOOOO much more with everything.

Also, I don't think the swimsuit thing is pervy. Have you seen some of the things that the NPCs wear?
1581848450508.png
Swimmers in Gen 7, not the most kid friendly.
They may be the most revealing, but the skirts on some of the adult females are a tad scandalous and some of the old Beauty sprites are rather provocative too. At the same time, it is no worse than the clothing that you see on EVERYONE when you just walk out your door.

I forgot to say: canes. It's not a clothing option but something that could be included.

(...)
EXAMPLE: I am re-playing Pearl and can't catch Spiritomb because no one else is in the Underground.
If you have another DS or 2/3DS and another Sinnoh game, you can obtain Spritomb, although it's grinding.

I think the customization in Sword and Shield was better than previous games. The Alola clothes were all very bland while many of the XY girl clothes looked childish.

I think the Sword and Shield customization would be better with:

• Customizable height and age
  • Longer hair options for the female protagonist (and highlights)
  • Smaller bags and handbags
  • Jewellery and accessories
  • Better animation for the hair (compare the female protagonist's stiff hair with Marnie's very animated hair during the league battle)
  • Being able to customize the face and the eyes
  • More natural hair options for the dark-skinned character
  • No gender or version exclusive clothing
  • Not being forced to wear an ugly bracelet for the new gimmick
  • No more ugly ridning outfits with hair that doesn't match the current hairstyle
  • More shoes (longer boots, high heels, sandals)
  • All outfits available from the start for free
I also miss being able to customize Eevee and Pikachu. Maybe they could bring this back to some extent at least for some Pokémon.

I also liked being able to customize my room and the secret base. If they ever remake gen 4 I hope that we will be able to move around the furniture. Maybe there could be a walk-in-closet were all the saved outfits we create are stored.

clothes from diffrent times, from medievial to futuristic by choice and some pokemon costumes maybe?

Oh wow where to start?

SwSh specific clothing wants
  • More clothes for warmer days and clothes for cooler days. Things like short sleeves, tank tops, and sandals for warm weather, and heavy coats and high boots for cooler ones. (With the DLC packs coming this year, I could see them releasing some stuff like this, seeing as Isle of Armor places us near the water, and Crowned Tundra places us in snow).
  • At least one or two new dress options, and long skirts would be cool.
  • More fingerless gloves
SwSh specific Hair wants
  • Ginger representation PLZ
  • A single braid, maybe low and going down the back. I just think that would be cute.
General Clothing Wants
  • non-gendered clothing would be something really great to add
  • Jewelry options, I'd love to wear bracelets or necklaces or even earrings to complete my outfit.
General Customization Wants
  • More variety of hair colors and hairstyles
  • Hair highlights!
  • options for eye and face shapes
  • The ability to age up your character a little bit, or at least the options that make them look older.
  • More skin tones
  • This is a big wish and probably a stretch, but more gender-neutral options and the ability to choose pronouns

Pretty much everything that's been said before, plus some more regular clothes with midriff. Maybe some navel windows, because that's actually never been done before in the franchise.

One option I would really like is to allow the PC to go shirtless under an unzipped jacket for te requisite balancing manservice (Female PCs would still be wearing a bra)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom