• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Clothing options you'd like to see in future games

hanecco

Hoppip Appreciator
Reaction score
What clothes would you like to see included in future games?

Personally, I'd like to see:
  • Puffy winter coats, instead of just trench coats
  • Gloves, especially fingerless ones
  • Button-up shirts
  • Culottes

More different styles, or at least more styles in one game. Kalos had some sporty, some casual, some business casual. Alola was all warm weather clothing (you couldn't even get a hoodie for Mt Lanakila). Now SwSh is casual/sporty. It seems like the Expansion Pass is gonna introduce more styles, but having those from the start would be nice. Something lthat in style is more like the Contest outfits in ORAS would be great. Being able to dye clothes again would be great too, though don't make it such a hassle next time around. Game version exclusive dye shops? High costs and inaccessible shades unless you nab a 5 star shop? And don't get mestarted on the version exclusive items, that you could only get from other players if they were wearing it AND it was their favourite item that day.

As for specific items I'd like to see:
  • Chinos and slacks
  • Bags that don't look like suitcases (especially messenger bags)
  • Button ups
  • Bow and neck ties
  • More accessories for male players
  • Blazers, waistcoats, vest tops, maybe tuxedos
  • Oversized sweaters
  • Skirts and dresses that go over the knee

Also, it would be nice if the stopped genderlocking clothing. I know the Pokemon games are hardly the only ones to do so, but it's especially annoying when female players get so many more options. In SuMo and USUM I'm locked out of an entire category if I play as the male PC.

Lastly, more of a QoL thing, but if you've got several of the same items in the same colour, just list time all under their basic name and let you select the colour when selecting the item. What I mean is, say you've got a plain tee and it comes in black, white, red, green, and blue. Rather than having them all separately listed (black plain tee, white plain tee, and so on), have one item called p[lain tee in your list of tops, and if you select it you get a drop down menu of all the colours you own.

Capes, I want my character to look important enough to be the proof that the characters in the game really trust him to win against a powerful threat. I mean, Leon has a cape himself. Maybe some armor could be nice for a medieval look to the player character. I know you can wear a replica of Leon's jersey, but that's not enough for me. Just let me wear a cape in the game and I'm all set.

Well, to start, options divided by types, where you could have basic sets to customise (for Summer and Winter) as well as all the NPC trainers that specialize on a certain type, inluding Gym Leaders, E4, Frontier Brains from every main game also with customisable options.

Also, villain teams' outifts, ALL of them, from grunt to leader and of every main game, meaning you would have Gen. III and Gen. VI Aqua and Magma, as well as Gen I, II, III, IV and VII Rocket grunts.

Other games content could be included by DLC packs at a decent price: for example, Pinchers outfits as well as every main protagonist from the Ranger series; there could be a special Rocket anime and movie pack, where we would have the Iron-Marauder, Attila and Hun and J's outfits, etc.

Last but not least, a wide range of glasses, not just the trendy ones as well as bags and backpacks, scarfs, berets and hats, boots, ties, vests and sleeveless sweaters.

I forgot about COSTUMES. They could go so far with that. Suits of Armor, Crowns, Clowns, anything ridiculous, fun, or awesome. Also, SCREW DLC. If I am dropping that much money on a game, I want stuff included. I hate this nickel and dime stuff, I am not rich and don't need to contribute to the increased wealth of a major corporation. I am probably not going to buy Sw/Sh because of the excessive DLC and the stupid real-time tie-ins. If I buy a game a year later, I want the full experience, not just the skeleton of the game.
EXAMPLE: I am re-playing Pearl and can't catch Spiritomb because no one else is in the Underground.

I'm surprised that Galar doesn't even have anything medieval style for the player to wear. As I have mentioned before, armor would be perfect to have that kind of look.

How about capes? If Leon, Lance, and the various Dragon-type trainers can have them, why not us?

Also, and this may sound pervy to a degree, how about swimsuits? They don't even have to be sexy like bikinis or speedos if need be (though having the option wouldn't hurt, either). The closest we got to them are the special water gear you wear in Gen 7 when riding Lapras/Sharpedo/Mantine and Nessa's gym outfit replica. Considering that there is always a mandatory water route in the games, maybe, for once, we can have our characters don a swimsuit and just freakin' swim across the route (unless the PC has super drowning skills, as in can't swim like Ren from Rising of the Shield Hero or Sonic the Hedgehog). Considering other NPCs swim in those various water routes, why can't we just do that, too? It would sure make more sense than summoning a Mon to surf you across or use the Rotom bike.

And how about having the various Ace Trainer outfits as options? Considering that the PC is, effectively, an "Ace Trainer", it would be nice to be able to put on one of their outfits to reflect their "status" as one.

And, for one last idea, how about things like headbands or bandannas? If GF is going to give us headwear, why not give us other options like bandannas, goggles, and other such stuff (okay, sure, the goggles might be straying into Digimon territory, considering the whole "gogglehead" routine it has to represent MCs, but it's worth a shot). Sure, hats are fine and dandy, but why not give us other stuff outside of the standard hat routine.

If characters like Kukui is any indication that humans in the Pokemon world have so much more resistance than we do, then I can see a human from Pokemon being able to tolerate cold water just fine. Heck, there are swimmers in Galar's cold water route. In speaking about trainer class costumes, I know this one isn't in Galar, but I want to be able to wear the Dragon Tamer outfits.

And, for one last idea, how about things like headbands or bandannas? If GF is going to give us headwear, why not give us other options like bandannas, goggles, and other such stuff (okay, sure, the goggles might be straying into Digimon territory, considering the whole "gogglehead" routine it has to represent MCs, but it's worth a shot). Sure, hats are fine and dandy, but why not give us other stuff outside of the standard hat routine.
I mean, Splatoon already has the "gogglehead" thing with the Pilot Goggles headgear as well, so I don't think it's straying into Digimon territory at all.

Also, and this may sound pervy to a degree, how about swimsuits? They don't even have to be sexy like bikinis or speedos if need be (though having the option wouldn't hurt, either). The closest we got to them are the special water gear you wear in Gen 7 when riding Lapras/Sharpedo/Mantine and Nessa's gym outfit replica. Considering that there is always a mandatory water route in the games, maybe, for once, we can have our characters don a swimsuit and just freakin' swim across the route (unless the PC has super drowning skills, as in can't swim like Ren from Rising of the Shield Hero or Sonic the Hedgehog). Considering other NPCs swim in those various water routes, why can't we just do that, too? It would sure make more sense than summoning a Mon to surf you across or use the Rotom bike.
If characters like Kukui is any indication that humans in the Pokemon world have so much more resistance than we do, then I can see a human from Pokemon being able to tolerate cold water just fine. Heck, there are swimmers in Galar's cold water route
As if there weren't enough insults to the theme of the franchise in the last two generations, courtesy of Ride Pager, Flying Taxi and Rotom Bike. The Swimmers actually say they are envious of the player character surfing quite a lot. Hopefully we'll see more Trainers on water routes surfing on their Pokemon (OR/AS were a step in the right direction).

I mean, Splatoon already has the "gogglehead" thing with the Pilot Goggles headgear as well, so I don't think it's straying into Digimon territory at all.

Splaltoon is one thing, as they're a completely separate franchise. However, I don't think I need to remind you about the whole "Pokemon VS Digimon" thing, right? Which is why I was saying goggles might be straying into Digimon territory due to the rivalry that has existed between them since the 90's. Sure, the rivalry has mostly died down, largely due to Digimon shifting gears and becoming more adult oriented (Cyber Sleuth being the first example of the shift) while Pokemon remains kid-friendly, but the rivalry is what I was getting at. Splatoon has no connection or history with Digimon whatsoever, but Pokemon and Digimon have had a long-standing "relationship" with each other since the Mon craze back in the day. That's what I meant, as Digimon pretty much established the "goggles = hero" idea, so giving a Pokemon PC goggles could be considered stealing ideas from a rival for their own gain, though it ultimately depends on who you ask. But that's what I meant, as the two franchises (and their fanbases) haven't always been on good terms with each other, so Pokemon using the gogglehead idea for a PC might not sit well with Digimon fans, seeing it as copying them. While they say "imitation is the most sincere form of flattery", given the rivalry in their histories, it might not be the best idea in this case.

Goggles are so 90s.

But hypocrisy is bad so I won't judge.
at this point they're retro, and retro is fashionable so...

I wouldn't mind goggles. And Akira's suggestion for trenchcoats

Honestly, I wouldn't mind umbrellas and other items that are held either

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom