• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Codenames II: Pokemon Edition

Wait so what are the teams again?
Lone takes tomb of spirit's place, Max has left the game but no one has subbed for him.

Red Team (Magma)
DawningWinds (Spymaster)
Zorchic
Lone_Garurumon

Blue Team (Aqua)
Pika_pika42 (Spymaster)
Tood

There's room for someone to join on Blue Team, but at the end of each round teams will be switched a little bit.

Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure this puts me on red team, which means it's currently my turn to attempt to solve this hint that has been provided by DawningWinds.

In which case, I'm pretty sure "Cerulean" applies to Mewtwo, Misty, and Water Type. Since Mewtwo's in Cerulean Cave, and the gym in the city is for Water Types, and run by Misty.
Team Rocket could also apply, given that the Dig TM House is also in Cerulean. A little bit less certain on that one. Mewtwo, Misty, and Water Type seem pretty safe bets to me though.
I agree. In the order of how confident I am about the answers you suggested, we could guess Water-Type, Misty, and Mewtwo. I actually did not know Mewtwo was found in Cerulean Cave, so that's new to me, but now that you brought it up, I think these three guesses could be our best here.

LT. SurgeJynxFire-TypeSt. AnneCharmander
MankeyTeam RocketMistyBlaineEevee
Water-TypeGrass-TypePallet TownPokemon DaycareCeladon City
MewtwoNormal-TypeMt. MoonProfessor OakSquirtle
BulbasaurBillGame CornerClefairyLavender Town

All three were correct! It is now @Pika_pika42's turn to give a clue.

Game note: I have realised I've not been following my own rules and missed something, we'll keep playing the game the same for this round, but before the next round i'll fix it. Apologies for this!

Both were correct! It is now @DawningWinds turn to give a clue.

Game note: It's become clear that using pokemon names is a bit of a cop out and can provide easy answers. You may carry on using them for this round, but for round two and three ill be removing the use of them. Truth be told now I think of it, I did mention dictionary only words but PP42 did ask and I did say yes to using Deerling. But hey, learn from your mistakes right!

Ok, so, Bulbasaur's a pretty easy one to put together from this, being Poison Type and all. And that is the only one I say with confidence. Everything else I say here is a chance that might be correct, but that I'm not as confident with.
  • Team Rocket - Grunts make liberal use of Koffing, Zubat, and Grimer, all Poison Type Pokemon. Little bit of a leap, but the fact that I've drawn a link to Team Rocket through two different hints makes me more confident that it is in fact one of our cards, even if the logic for each link has been a little shaky.
  • Lavender Town - Pokemon Tower is full of Ghost Types, and all Gen 1 Ghost Types are also Poison Type. This one feels like much more of a leap than Team Rocket and I'm far less confident about it.
And that's everything I can draw any kind of link with. What do you think Zorch? Got any ideas?

Ok, so, Bulbasaur's a pretty easy one to put together from this, being Poison Type and all. And that is the only one I say with confidence. Everything else I say here is a chance that might be correct, but that I'm not as confident with.
  • Team Rocket - Grunts make liberal use of Koffing, Zubat, and Grimer, all Poison Type Pokemon. Little bit of a leap, but the fact that I've drawn a link to Team Rocket through two different hints makes me more confident that it is in fact one of our cards, even if the logic for each link has been a little shaky.
  • Lavender Town - Pokemon Tower is full of Ghost Types, and all Gen 1 Ghost Types are also Poison Type. This one feels like much more of a leap than Team Rocket and I'm far less confident about it.
And that's everything I can draw any kind of link with. What do you think Zorch? Got any ideas?
I think Bulbasaur and Team Rocket could be safe guesses. Lavender Town also seems possible to me, I can see the logic for including it.
This is probably a bit of a stretch, but maybe, just maybe, Celadon City or Mt. Moon could work? Celadon City has a Grass-type Gym, and a lot of Grass-type Pokémon from Generation 1 are also Poison-type. Mt. Moon contains Zubat, part Poison-types, right? I doubt that Mt. Moon fits here, though, so we probably shouldn't include that.

TL;DR: I agree with Bulbasaur, Team Rocket, and Lavender Town. Celadon City and Mt. Moon fit in some way(s), but my reasoning for them is nowhere as strong as for our first three possible guesses.

Personally I feel like Celadon and Mt. Moon are stretching it a bit too thin. They both have too many Pokemon without the Poison type for me to really be confident with them. And this is especially considering that only one could possibly be correct if we're going with the first three since that only leaves one more slot.

Personally I think I'm more comfortable just sticking with our first three of Bulbasaur, Team Rocket, and Lavender Town

All were correct again! Good job! Red Team has three more words to find, whereas Blue Team has four more to find!

It is now @Pika_pika42's turn to give a clue.

Lt. Surge was correct, however St. Anne was a red team word, which means they get the square and get their turn! Game Corner doesn't get guessed due to the turn now being passed to Red Team. They only need to find one more word (I made a mistake in my last update saying they needed one more than necessary). It is now @DawningWinds' turn to give a clue!

Back
Top Bottom