• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Codenames II: Pokemon Edition

BUGSYJOHTOKANTOMAGBYHOENN
FALKNERCYNDAQUILPROFESSOR ELMUNOVACHIKORITA
TOTODILEWHITNEYORREJASMINEALOLA
GALARUMBREONALMIASINNOHCHUCK
MORTYESPEONTOGEPICLAIRKALOS

Chikorita and Professor Elm are correct, however Kanto is not, but does not belong to either team. It is now @Tood's turn to pick a clue for Blue Team, they can win the game if this guess is correct!

@Lone_Garurumon
@Tood
@dawn dusk
@Pika_pika42
@DawningWinds
@Zorchic
@Max1996

BUGSYJOHTOKANTOMAGBYHOENN
FALKNERCYNDAQUILPROFESSOR ELMUNOVACHIKORITA
TOTODILEWHITNEYORREJASMINEALOLA
GALARUMBREONALMIASINNOHCHUCK
MORTYESPEONTOGEPICLAIRKALOS

Falkner was the final codename, congratulations to Tood and Lone_Garurumon! Commiserations to the Red Team! I have the final board in the spoiler below this text if anyone is interested.

1620651288110.png
I would like to firstly say thankyou to all of you for joining! I think we had a very successful game with both rounds, from my perspective anyways. I will be choosing to end the game here, but I think due to it being fairly successful (And hopefully fun for you guys) I can definitely see me bringing this game back in the future. I've chosen to tag the people involved in the first round for the optional questions I want to ask about the game. A host note or two first though:

In the OP, I stated that I would pick random pages from Bulbapedia, however I changed this before the first round as I thought the randomness was a bit too much. This is why there was a recurring theme in the rounds, the first round was mostly generation one related terms, and then round two was similarly mostly generation two, with a little else thrown in. Personally, I think the game was better this way, as with bulbapedia you'd end up getting random episode titles, and random things like that.

Did you enjoy the game?

Would you like to see this game again?

Do you have any ideas for themes, or would you be unopposed to seeing a Pokemon Theme again?

Lastly, any ideas for improvements or suggestions overall?

Congrats Team Blue. GG everyone. Thanks Calvin for hosting.

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes. I enjoyed it even though I lost both the rounds.

Yes. I would like to play again.

Do you have any ideas for themes, or would you be unopposed to seeing a Pokemon Theme again?

Pokemon theme sounds nice. Also, just regular random words might work.

Not really. I think it's a good game overall.

First of all
sorry DawningWinds and Pika_pika42 for not giving out better clues. And congratulations to Tood and Lone_Garurumon. You both were marvelous.
At first our team experienced a strong hit and it was impossible to heel. My bad

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes:bulbaLove:

Would you like to see this game again
Yes:bulbaLove:

I'm happy to see another Pokemon theme.

Lastly, any ideas for improvements or suggestions overall
As I said it was very difficult for us to heel because of the less words. Just one mistake is enough to blow off. It would be good if there were more words.
For eg. 49 (7×7) or 36 (6×6) words.

And at last thank you Calvinッ for hosting such a wonderful game.

Excellent clue-giving, Tood. Very well done. And GG to Red Team, 'twas a valiant effort. And of course, thank you to Calvin for hosting the game.

Did you enjoy the game?
Very much, yes. Solving the clues to get the answers was really fun. Interested to see what it's like being the clue giver, but I guess that'll have to come later.

I would love to.

The Pokemon theme works, it's on-brand. I wouldn't object to seeing alternate themes, but it's probably important to remember that you need to have a certain level of knowledge on the theme to be able to play effectively.

I do like Dawn Dusk's ideas of a larger word grid.

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes, it was fun!

Yes!

A Pokemon theme is probably the best theme we could stick with. This is a Pokemon forum, so it's very likely people would be familiar with such a theme.

But I think spinoffs are a bit less familiar to some players, so it might be difficult for them to participate in games where they are included. Like, I've never played Pokemon XD/Colosseum, so I didn't actually know if my words had any relevance at all to Orre. It could work if you confirm that players are familiar with the games beforehand though.

The larger grid as suggested is a nice idea. Having more words on the board means more chances to mess up and confuse people, which is always entertaining :wynaut:

Back
Top Bottom