• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Codenames III: Pokemon Edition Part 2 [ENDGAME]

Red is correct, you have one guess remaining for this clue! The score is now 2 - 3!

1694728382298.png

@pennyghost @DawningWinds @RavenRaziel98 @TheCapsFan

This is a game, just searched it up. Unfortunately I have zero good ideas what it might mean when it comes to the options left, and I feel like whatever we pick, since other team has only one clue we are losing this anyway :(

I can mayyybe guess Rock Smash? Pokeball does not seem fitting but really idk whatever Jamie/Digi think?

I will recheck past clues too in case we missed something... Ugh this is probably the game deciding phase and I have no idea...

We need to think this out a bit differently.

If it was Brock and Rock Smash, Jinjo could have said just stone. Also Tood would not risk going with Protagonist. It is never Brock.

Tumblestone actually is an item in PLA and it is used to make Poke Balls, so Jamie is on the right track.

Yeah I say we go Poke Ball, Rock Smash, and hope for the best.

ENDGAME

Cut was right, which means Blue Team have won round three! In terms of the overall game they win by 2 games to Red Team's 1.

1694908262578.png

1694908309002.png

And with that the game is over, I hoped you guys enjoyed the game! From a hosts standpoint I think it went seamlessly, it's not really a game you can really get wrong hosting to be fair. I have a couple questions for you guys but don't feel forced into asking them! Otherwise, you guys can discuss the game freely now, and ask any questions you'd like, to player and host alike.

Did you enjoy the game? If not, why?

Would you like to see this game again?

Do you have any ideas for themes, or would you be unopposed to seeing a Pokemon Theme again?

Last of all, if there was to be a future game, do you have any improvements or suggestions / ideas you'd like to put forward?

Once again everyone, many thanks for joining and taking the time to play the game :)

It was fun, yeah. A bit slow at times, but it was enjoyable.

Sure, why not?

Do you have any ideas for themes, or would you be unopposed to seeing a Pokemon Theme again?
I would definitely try and vary the word list a bit more, since there were a lot of repeats. I feel like expanding the words outside of just gens 1-3 could be interesting, and could potentially lead to spymasters having to get a bit more creative with their prompts.

Last of all, if there was to be a future game, do you have any improvements or suggestions / ideas you'd like to put forward?

I feel like some of the rules could be rewritten or better enforced?
We are playing this game with one-word clues, no abbreviations and no hyphenates. The Scrabble dictionary is the official arbiter of closed compounds and any acronyms that have entered common speech. If it’s in the Scrabble dictionary, it’s allowable.
Like this one

The hint's number tells the field operatives how many words in the grid are related to the word of the clue. It also determines the maximum number of guesses the field operatives may make on that turn. Field operatives must make at least one guess per turn, risking a wrong guess and its consequences. They may also end their turn voluntarily at any point thereafter.
And this one; I get that inactivity sucks and players should deal with the consequences of that, but it's odd to have this there, no?

Yes!

Yes!

I do not mind, but shaking it up or doing a TWR theme would be cool.

Just a question, how is balance decided with regards to how many clues per team and bystanders there should be?

Congrats to team Blue! This was close...

Also sorry for my shortcomings as spymaster, I probably tried a few bold stuff that did not quite work out

Back
Top Bottom